Phillips1795

VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

Jazz

Jul 24, 2016
DK - Copenhagen
Thats excellent,thanks :)

Have you heard anything about the update?? there have been some, but it take longer to find what you are looking for......

what coding does not work for the moment?? my issue is that VCDS does only search from the beginning of the string......any other way to search for a specific string

Last edited:

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
I got them from here http://www.ledperf.co.uk/

Was recommended by a few people on the forums and they work a treat. Only thing is the footwell will flag with an error unless you change the bulb pref to LED via VCDS

7c766bb21da4a3237cefa3d49f2ef80d.png
change the top to LED as shown here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I have a 2016 Cupra 290 that was registered last week. I'm trying to activate the locking beeps and have followed the instructions on the first post. No beeps and can't find anything in the stereo under opening and closing.

Am I missing something obvious?

aszur

Jun 7, 2016
I have a 2016 Cupra 290 that was registered last week. I'm trying to activate the locking beeps and have followed the instructions on the first post. No beeps and can't find anything in the stereo under opening and closing.

Am I missing something obvious?

I have the same problem. My Leon is 1.8 tsi dated of last week of 2015. 6.5" and full link main unit.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I have the same problem. My Leon is 1.8 tsi dated of last week of 2015. 6.5" and full link main unit.

Try going into the settings menu in CAR on the infotainment screen and select locking/opening/closing and select reset to factory settings, sometimes that reset makes it work and you then get an extra tick box for beep/no beep on locking.

Last edited:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Just wondering, does anyone know , have ross tech sorted out the issues with the genuine vcds cable not being much use for doing anything on MY16 + cars
Last time I used it the latest unreversable software updates made it unusable which was pretty annoying

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Just wondering, does anyone know , have ross tech sorted out the issues with the genuine vcds cable not being much use for doing anything on MY16 + cars
Last time I used it the latest unreversable software updates made it unusable which was pretty annoying

There have been 2 fairly recent updates for VCDS. The Current version is: Release 16.8.4
Data Version 20161128 and the one that I updated to shortly before is 16.8.3 (don't know what the 'Data Version' was). Have not tried 16.8.4 but 16.8.3 seemed to be OK (but I'm not an expert!) and it also showed the relevant info for the Sat Nav High system that is fitted to my car which the previous version I was using did not recognise.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
There have been 2 fairly recent updates for VCDS. The Current version is: Release 16.8.4
Data Version 20161128 and the one that I updated to shortly before is 16.8.3 (don't know what the 'Data Version' was). Have not tried 16.8.4 but 16.8.3 seemed to be OK (but I'm not an expert!) and it also showed the relevant info for the Sat Nav High system that is fitted to my car which the previous version I was using did not recognise.

Cool, thanks for the reply Walone, I'll get my vcds cable out and try it with the update.
Cheers

aszur

Jun 7, 2016
Try going into the settings menu in CAR on the infotainment screen and select locking/opening/closing and select reset to factory settings, sometimes that reset makes it work and you then get an extra tick box for beep/no beep on locking.

Thanks! i will try this afternoon

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.