2017 Leon!!!

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
It doesn't even look like a plain 21W bulb, but the smaller one, maybe the typical 5W, maybe the less typical 10W. I'm pretty sure a good triplet of white leds would produce more light than the bulb. If they did it the triplet red leds for the fog, why not that one.

Yeah this is a pain in the are because I have a spare led bulb from my 66 plate leon but because seat have been extra helpful in changing the bulb type I've got to source a different bulb that should have been led from the start!!!!!

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
My Dealers says the factory in spain is closed for vacations and beacause of that my car will arrive in September. I bought the car in 20 June, too much time omg :(

Last edited:

misiakupatego

Mar 5, 2017
I get information that is problem with 18" 30/2 and new 8" screen

BTW VW dealer guarantee Golf GTI delivery time 12 weeks :)

Last edited:

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
I ordered my new Leon FR 1.4 DSG on the 13th May. Been told the delivery date will be 2nd week in September. It's monsoon grey with advanced driving pack 1 and Convenience pack plus.

taaniel123

Jun 19, 2017
Estonia
My dealer also said the factory is closed for August. If anyone is interested, the eclipse orange color is coming from week 45.

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
Just been told today that my delivery date has been revised to October now. Something about the 1.4 engine and dsg gearbox availability.

gbengaajai

Mar 23, 2017
Just been told today that my delivery date has been revised to October now. Something about the 1.4 engine and dsg gearbox availability.
I wonder when the engine availability issues week be resolved. Mine is finally arriving any week now, after many months of waiting.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
My dealer also said the factory is closed for August. If anyone is interested, the eclipse orange color is coming from week 45.

Yes my dealer said the same. Its a little difficult to belive because its a big factory with a lot of cars to produce.

Im desperate 3 months of waiting is a big deal, but if the factory is closed in August maybe i have the car in October [:@]

Jordcupra

Cupra 300 ST, 4Drive
Mar 18, 2017
Wiltshire
I ordered my cupra 4drive in March and I've been told it's getting built this week with a view to delivery 2nd week in August.

I've waited 5 months when I was told 8 weeks from order.

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
Yes my dealer said the same. Its a little difficult to belive because its a big factory with a lot of cars to produce.

Im desperate 3 months of waiting is a big deal, but if the factory is closed in August maybe i have the car in October [:@]

Most, if not all, large car manufacturers have a summer shutdown. Some have other shut down weeks at other times as well.

It allows them to do maintenance etc on the track.

For once, at least, your dealer/salesman isnt making stuff up! :)

ollyprice87

May 16, 2017
SW
I work for a company that does plastics for a lot, if not all, the car manufacturers in Germany and they are flat out pretty much 24/7. Shutting a factory for anything other than say a week for maintenance sounds daft to me with such demand.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Production lines in high cost countries run very lean. Typically shutdowns are to allow all staff and suppliers to know when the workforce is taking enforced holidays. Meaning you only need to cover the small remaining holiday days for staff by recruiting a smaller relief cover for them and by turn reducing the overall cost of manufacturing the vehicle.

Additionally plants running 24/7 struggle with facility development and repair, shutdowns let them have access to the kit in order to maintain it. Especially those plants running a 24hr operation from Sunday - Friday.

ollyprice87

May 16, 2017
SW
Production lines in high cost countries run very lean. Typically shutdowns are to allow all staff and suppliers to know when the workforce is taking enforced holidays. Meaning you only need to cover the small remaining holiday days for staff by recruiting a smaller relief cover for them and by turn reducing the overall cost of manufacturing the vehicle.

Additionally plants running 24/7 struggle with facility development and repair, shutdowns let them have access to the kit in order to maintain it. Especially those plants running a 24hr operation from Sunday - Friday.
think 3 week shutdown is the norm from what I can gather.

Last edited:

ollyprice87

May 16, 2017
SW
Update on my order;

Ordered end of Feb, build week 24, arrived at the dealer today so nearly 4 weeks from build to arrival.

Tragically I am on holiday now for 2 weeks so my dealer is keeping it for me till I am back!

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
Update on my order:

Ordered on 26th April. Leon fr tdi 150 with 18 performance, sunroof, adaptive cruise, seat sound, keyless entry in mystery blue.

Arrived at dealers today, should be ready to pick up Tuesday next week. Very excited, will post pics of anyone's interested when I pick it up.

Brew3144

May 19, 2017
Mine is hopefully been built this week, 1.8tsi DSG ST in urban silver. Could do with it next week as I'm driving to france to watch the tour. It will be a tight squeeze in my 3 door golf with luggage and 2 bikes.

gbengaajai

Mar 23, 2017
Update on my order:

Ordered on 26th April. Leon fr tdi 150 with 18 performance, sunroof, adaptive cruise, seat sound, keyless entry in mystery blue.

Arrived at dealers today, should be ready to pick up Tuesday next week. Very excited, will post pics of anyone's interested when I pick it up.
Congrats dude.
Ordered mine in March and still waiting for delivery shipped since last month. I think the ship had to stop at China before coming to uk cause I don't have any other logical explanations.
My dealer is telling new few more weeks when it arrives to collect. So maybe this month is not possible.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.