Options affecting Leon lead times

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Out interest how often do ships leave from Barcelona for Seat cars to the uk?
Pretty-much every week. There is a short break in August when the factory shuts down, and sometimes they miss a week (next week, for example) but otherwise it's constant.

Do they drive all the cars on to ship like you would on car ferry?
Yes. Teams of drivers work together moving thousands of cars on and off the ships.

broona

Sep 7, 2017
After a 28 week wait, my Cupra ST is finally here, loving it so far! :)
071bc626a76a1d2df17cacdc92f1c209.jpg
bd32bb1964561cd106790b7eab5a9c11.jpg

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I'm obviously missing something. I've watched the video three times now and all he says is "the port". No mention of Emden :confused:
More of an assumption I'm making with Emden as it seems an awful lot of work for a few miles to Barcelona Port.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
More of an assumption I'm making with Emden as it seems an awful lot of work for a few miles to Barcelona Port.
It's about 30kM from Martorell to Barcelona. Three trains and up to 150 transporters per day take cars to the port. Only one or two trains per day are for cars not initially destined for Barcelona.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
World Spirit ship just left Barcelona. Coming straight to Sheerness. Due in 5th April.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
World Spirit ship just left Barcelona. Coming straight to Sheerness. Due in 5th April.

Hi mate, was there a ship that left a couple of weeks before this? As my dealer said mine was on the boat 2 weeks ago? Phoned him a week later and he still said its on the boat, how long is it normally the boat?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008

Hi mate, was there a ship that left a couple of weeks before this? As my dealer said mine was on the boat 2 weeks ago? Phoned him a week later and he still said its on the boat, how long is it normally the boat?

That's the same boat my Arona was on. If I remember correctly I think it was 29m long...;)

Get the name of your boat and track it on marinetraffic.com. I think mine took about 2-3 weeks from Barca to Tynemouth before it was showing 'in port' and ready to transport to dealers.

Last edited:

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
That's the same boat my Arona was on. If I remember correctly I think it was 29m long...;)

Get the name of your boat and track it on marinetraffic.com. I think mine took about 2-3 weeks from Barca to Tynemouth before it was showing 'in port' and ready to transport to dealers.
How would I find out the name of the boat? I Actually have the marine tracker app lol. I ordered exactly 12 weeks ago today (4th of January) Leon fr st 150hp diesel, I'm hoping it's either at the port or on its way to the dealers. Phoned the dealer 2 weeks ago and he said it was on the boat, then phoned a week later and he said its still on the boat, I know there's one due in sheerness tomorrow, but as I have read, I'm in Scotland and the boat would dock at somewhere in Tyneside. I'm really trying not to be impatient.

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
The dealer should know the name of the boat your car is on.

Good chance it might be the World Spirit from what you've said. I watched ours dock in Sheerness, then move onto Grimsby but couldn't dock there for some reason so moved up to Tyneside before our car was eventually off-loaded. Sometimes there's a queue for boats waiting to dock from what I saw on marinetraffic.
After it was showing the dealer as finally 'in port' there wasn't a transporter available to take it to them, so more delay.

Bottom line is you've no control over how soon your car lands with the dealers so another week or so isn't worth worrying about bearing in mind you've only waited 12 weeks so far.

Last edited:

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
The dealer should know the name of the boat your car is on.

Good chance it might be the World Spirit from what you've said. I watched ours dock in Sheerness, then move onto Grimsby but couldn't dock there for some reason so moved up to Tyneside before our car was eventually off-loaded. Sometimes there's a queue for boats waiting to dock from what I saw on marinetraffic.
After it was showing the dealer as finally 'in port' there wasn't a transporter available to take it to them, so more delay.

Bottom line is you've no control over how soon your car lands with the dealers so another week or so isn't worth worrying about after such a long wait anyway.
Cheers. I'm not going to bother them this week with a phone call but if I've not heard anything by the 16th of April then I'll give them a ring, I'm actually car-less at the moment so it seems even longer to wait without one lol, I hope it will be worth the wait, we previously had an ink blue Nissan juke, very similar to the mystery blue of the SEAT, it'll be nice to have something with a bit more power and a larger boot.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Cheers. I'm not going to bother them this week with a phone call but if I've not heard anything by the 16th of April then I'll give them a ring, I'm actually car-less at the moment so it seems even longer to wait without one lol, I hope it will be worth the wait, we previously had an ink blue Nissan juke, very similar to the mystery blue of the SEAT, it'll be nice to have something with a bit more power and a larger boot.

Ink blue is very similar to mystery blue, i would say mystery has a bit more blue in it. Strangely, I've come from a Juke too, really fun car to drive and the around view monitor is an excellent piece of innovation.

Normally ships go via Setubal to collect any Alhambras.

This one has gone straight to Sheerness then to Grimsby then to Tyne. Grimsby is a recently added drop off port though.

Mine was built week 11 and when told it was built, also said it was on a ship, which was not the case. Hoping its on World Spirit as my dealer said they didnt know ship name.

Last edited:

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Ink blue is very similar to mystery blue, i would say mystery has a bit more blue in it. Strangely, I've come from a Juke too, really fun car to drive and the around view monitor is an excellent piece of innovation.

This one has gone straight to Sheerness then to Grimsby then to Tyne. Grimsby is a recently added drop off port though.

Mine was built week 11 and when told it was built, also said it was on a ship, which was not the case. Hoping its on World Spirit as my dealer said they didnt know ship name.

Yeah I also had that around view monitor, so it would have been the tekna you had? Our Leon that we've ordered won't have the cameras so I'll miss that, but I'll get used to it, the thing with the juke is that it had cameras in the wing mirrors and a camera in the front too, which were very very good, most new cars will only have a reversing camera, we had the juke from new 2015, done exactly 49800 miles in it, so it had done plenty, only thing was the clutch went at 42k, it got repaired under warranty. Going from a juke to a Leon estate will be a big change for me, the juke was tiny in the back.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018

Also Im hoping mine isn't on that ship that docks tomorrow as I really can't go another 2+ weeks without a car, as mine will be docking last at Tynemouth l.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Yeah I also had that around view monitor, so it would have been the tekna you had? Our Leon that we've ordered won't have the cameras so I'll miss that, but I'll get used to it, the thing with the juke is that it had cameras in the wing mirrors and a camera in the front too, which were very very good, most new cars will only have a reversing camera, we had the juke from new 2015, done exactly 49800 miles in it, so it had done plenty, only thing was the clutch went at 42k, it got repaired under warranty. Going from a juke to a Leon estate will be a big change for me, the juke was tiny in the back.

Yep Tekna spec. Ive been in some cars where the cameras havent been in the right place but the Juke's were just right. Will also miss the heated seats in the freezing mornings too, but hey ho, onward and upwards!

Ive opted for front, rear sensors and rear camera as i do a lot of parking.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Yep Tekna spec. Ive been in some cars where the cameras havent been in the right place but the Juke's were just right. Will also miss the heated seats in the freezing mornings too, but hey ho, onward and upwards!

Ive opted for front, rear sensors and rear camera as i do a lot of parking.

Aye I forgot about the heated seats, I had the 1.5 diesel, and on nice weather conditions I could squeeze 600 miles from a full tank, the car was incredible, I have only just took it back to the dealers on Saturday, 49800 of those miles were all "babied" I think it was in sport mode once on the way back to the dealers lol. when I ordered our leon the dealer actually stated that the 4th (today) was our expected delivery date, I know take that with a pinch of salt.

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
I was on the A1M near Wetherby services last week and passed a foreign registered artic (didn't see which country it came from) it was loaded with unregistered Seats, various models.

Wonder what that was about?

Edit to add it was travelling south.

Last edited:

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
I was on the A1M near Wetherby services last week and passed a foreign registered artic (didn't see which country it came from) it was loaded with unregistered Seats, various models.

Edit to add it was travelling south.
I also had a drive around my local seat dealer for a minute last week I know I'm very sad haha) to see if they had any new deliveries in, which they did but they all seemed to be atecas.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
It was about new cars being delivered to dealerships... All of the big logistics companies sub-contract work out to eastern-European drivers (and their trucks) during busy periods.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.