... in with the new

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
QlGYGBo.jpg

ubU8vrN.jpg

vNKOuW2.jpg

goodbye childish 3 door Black edition 290 - Hello grown up 5 door 300.

Really going to miss this 290 :cry:

Reactions: ukoldschool

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
QlGYGBo.jpg

ubU8vrN.jpg

vNKOuW2.jpg

goodbye childish 3 door Black edition 290 - Hello grown up 5 door 300.

Really going to miss this 290 :cry:

Haha

I know what you mean, I'm going from an SC 280 to a 5dr 300/290

Not to offend but in alot the photos I prefer the look of the pre facelift. That said facelift seems to work better in the flesh.

Congratulations anyway, it's nice to see people actually receiving theirs.

What spec did you go for?

Does the drive/handling feel different to the 290?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
I was really worried that I wasn't going to like it as I think the 5 door just hasn't got a great look about it. and the fact that its bigger etc.

I have the say the big scanner in the front grill is a bit awful. But she drives like a small car, doesn't feel any bigger than my 290.

The power I would say feels slightly different, a longer smoother pull, but obviously feels 99% the same as the old one.

The spec is pretty bog standard, except i had to have the winter pack. I have got a few bits like side skirts and subwoofer that I will be putting on myself [B)]

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
The power I would say feels slightly different, a longer smoother pull, but obviously feels 99% the same as the old one. [B)]

Is it Manual or DSG?

And are you planning on altering the Throttle Response via OBDeleven? It’s smoother with the Throttle in Linear as opposed to the standard setting.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Yeah, I'm not sure on the sensor on the front either, but it serves a purpose.

Winter pack was a good move.
Have you gone for blades or skirts? Either way they will make the car look even better.

I prefer the seats in the 300 over the 280/290, but again looks like you had the upgraded ones in the 290. How do they compare?

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Was that the white one I saw in Tesco Bletchley few days back, getting into my Monsoon Grey ST 290?

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Yes Mr Kenton it was indeed. That white 290 has been gradually stripped of a lot of parts over the last couple of weeks, she looked rather naked and ready to go back when you saw her. Love the grey you have, I was unsure whether to choose that colour or the mystery blue but went for the blue in the end obviously.

Yes, I did have the bucket seats in the 290 and I loved them, especially how they looked from outside the car, but these new standard ones are pretty nice I have to say.

I've gone for the skirts, not blades, just due to the fact they have a much lower profile and I am yet to see a 300 5 door with the skirts on. I will also get a gloss black roof wrap again, love the look it gives on these.

I went for the manual, even though DSG is the same price these days. I just prefer a manual, and between us friends, once I have remapped this I dont want to have to remap the DSG box, and if you don't it changes gear before you want it to.

I have never fiddled with the throttle response via OBD eleven, tell me more?? I will speak to the guy who does my tuning files and see what he recommends, and what difference it will make with the map on/off

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
e32e5933c1bd138a3405663675b61c31.png

The throttle can be changed to give a more linear response without sudden changes. It may be more suitable to a DSG car though.

The Audi Throttle option is not available on the Post Facelift as it screws up the Cruise Control.

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
oh ok, I assume all this can be looked into with my VAG-COM as well, looks like similar options?

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Yes Mr Kenton it was indeed. That white 290 has been gradually stripped of a lot of parts over the last couple of weeks, she looked rather naked and ready to go back when you saw her. Love the grey you have, I was unsure whether to choose that colour or the mystery blue but went for the blue in the end obviously.

I have a 300 ST 4Drive DSG on order, same colour (or its close replacement Magnetic Grey) due in Jan 2019. Glad you said you like the colour. Also the seats will be standard, albeit without the cracking white trim. I’ll keep an eye out and wave, or whatever Cupra owners do?

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Very nice, what is the next milestone in my life that makes me choose an estate instead of a 5 door?

big dog?

The white trim is what makes them, but I did have the flash wipes on it every couple of weeks to get the blue denim stains off!

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Very nice, what is the next milestone in my life that makes me choose an estate instead of a 5 door?

big dog?

The white trim is what makes them, but I did have the flash wipes on it every couple of weeks to get the blue denim stains off!
2 teenagers, small dog, manage a football team, in my case!

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
OK I'll do some research and some VAG-COM fiddles and let you lot know how I get on.

The skirts should be on here by the end of the week too, will post some pictures when that happens so boys can let me know what you think

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
uh ooooh I feel like we are about to go off topic?

kids football or adults? which team is it?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

big dog?

3 kids forced me into choosing a 5 door. Had a good run though.

Big dog or when you start getting serious about your golf ;)

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
OK I'll do some research and some VAG-COM fiddles and let you lot know how I get on.

The skirts should be on here by the end of the week too, will post some pictures when that happens so boys can let me know what you think
Nice one.

I've ordered blades but looks like there's still time to change my mind.

Someone posted on here a while back, they work on this example.
5561958605d908a70afb9158b1aea7b9.jpg

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Oh yeah see that looks so good, can't wait to get mine done now. will hopefully be on by the weekend. I think I will get the gloss black roof wrap done again too.

Just fitted the Ghost immobilizer so I can sleep easy. Going to try and get my subwoofer in this afternoon before the weather gets too hot later this week.

Ah Dunstable, I play adult footy in MK and everyone knows everyone, so if you'd been an MK team I'd have definitely run into you at some point.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.