Cupra 300 Recall..?

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Has anyone else received an email today from SEAT, similar to this?

c2b015f75ba245e45ee3728d77d6dc72.png

Best give them a call I think..!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
So they're advising of a recall but the recall may not apply to your vehicle? Sounds like seat don't know their arse from their elbow

Reactions: Tully1980

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I’ve decided that they just want to have a perv at the car

Reactions: kiddo

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
As stupid as it sounds this can be normal.... if there's a fault with a certain chassis range. Some cars may have the faulty part ( whatever it is ) and some may have the new part for example... they just get a range of cars and check them all to be sure.

Having said that, a manufacture would normally tell you what it's about.

I will wait to see if I get anything

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Yeah recalls tend to be rather specific and don't they usually come in the form of a letter? I know it's 2018 but emails can be easily hacked etc. Can you be sure this is not a scam email? Seems vague enough that you'd click a link just to find out what it was about and then boom, they have access to your entire pc. I never trust a suspicious email nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Yeah recalls tend to be rather specific and don't they usually come in the form of a letter? I know it's 2018 but emails can be easily hacked etc. Can you be sure this is not a scam email? Seems vague enough that you'd click a link just to find out what it was about and then boom, they have access to your entire pc. I never trust a suspicious email nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure it’s genuine - it asked me to call my local dealer

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I wonder if it's anything to do with the action they were taking on the mobile phone antenna thingy, they stopped cars leaving the dealers until something was removed or deactivated because it exceeded some sort of signal output.

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
The first thing I thought was 'scam' e.g. someone trying get you take the car somewhere etc.. but the more I thought about it the less likely it seemed...

I can't imagine they would ask you call the local dealer if it was a scam :) :)

Keep us posted mate..

Reactions: Tully1980

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
The first thing I thought was 'scam' e.g. someone trying get you take the car somewhere etc.. but the more I thought about it the less likely it seemed...

I can't imagine they would ask you call the local dealer if it was a scam :) :)

Keep us posted mate..

Will do....

I’d better tell them about the res delete and remap before they pick up on them..!!

Reactions: afcajax73

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
They maybe want to tempt you to sell it back as they’ve got another customer wanting an Orange SC Cupra

In all seriousness, has anyone ever been asked to sell theirs back..???

I haven’t seen another Orange SC to be fair...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise