2007 Leon 2.0TDi 'Stylance'

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Went to the garage earlier today to drop the courtesy car back off, they'd never seen the bolts seize in the way they had and they have done heaps of the bushings... seems my car just doesnt want to be taken apart! another £160 for the part, oh the joys. lol

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Got the Leon back today, only driven it a short distance but it definitely feels different, i want to say it feels sharper. I'll get it test it a bit more shortly.

Also the Brembo pads have turned up, ive also decided I want new discs so the brakes will likely wait a little now as sorting the bolts I broke has eaten the funds this month. I'm still hoping to get it mocked up this week as I want to be sure it all fits before dropping any more money on it.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I have folded and bought some new discs today. Got a 30 day money back guarantee so worst case I can send them back. Fingers crossed tomorrow I can finally test fit them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
You won't regret it i'm sure... well maybe till next pay day haha

Haha. I always have a bit of guilt but when shiny new stuff turns up the guilt vanishes. Given the great price I paid for the calipers I figure I can stretch to new discs.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Okay. Managed to get the calipers mocked up. Just wanted to check they fitted before ordering the last few bits and bobs.

All good news. They are quite tight on the 17s, anyone who says they’ve had these on with 16” wheels I’m not sure is telling the truth.

The difference is disc size is quite funny... the 345 makes my front discs look like rear discs. Lol

28e60c6d1d91f194a070f1441764f35f.jpg

39b4cb307cba1705a73c6d02b4a8b23f.jpg

edc46e120dbcb0274ec0d058eac5bd89.jpg

Can’t afford any deeper wheels weights. Lol

bf51f8fa632de82c938e4ac56f803f10.jpg

27b3052136a97eb9fb7607b2f26bf1a9.jpg

Happy enough with that I think, not sure when they’ll be going on at the moment, looking forward to it though.

Just got the bigger dust covers to order.

Reactions: Woody_72

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Awesome! Glad they fit!

Just get them on now... just work from "home" haha

They will be much needed and much fun when the power arrives!

Reactions: Sharpy

Deleted member 103408

Welcome to the BBK Club, they look very nice. Are you leaving them red or have you looked at the Candy Red

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Awesome! Glad they fit!

Just get them on now... just work from "home" haha

They will be much needed and much fun when the power arrives!

Haha. I think I’ll take it to the garage to get them fitted, just can’t bleed them here so I’ll leave it to them.

The other thing I need is brake hoses and I’m not sure if they’ll need to be custom ones? So got some figuring out or do there as well.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looks ace. Clearance doesn't have to be a lot as long as there's a couple of mm that'll be plenty. Not like they move at all. Haha yeah, discs look massive in comparison. When the garage fitting them properly?

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Looks ace. Clearance doesn't have to be a lot as long as there's a couple of mm that'll be plenty. Not like they move at all. Haha yeah, discs look massive in comparison. When the garage fitting them properly?

Yeah there’s a decent enough gap. Just pleased they do fit, not sure the dust covers will fit though.... but they’re cheap so if they don’t it’s no biggy.

Just getting a quote on some custom brake lines, once I have them I’ll get it booked it. What I’m hoping is that I can do the swap on the car park and they can just bleed them... saves me a few quid and I do enjoy doing it.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I have just realised that cleaning the wheels is going to be a pain in the bum now... even the wheel woolies will struggle... first world problems...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I have just realised that cleaning the wheels is going to be a pain in the bum now... even the wheel woolies will struggle... first world problems...

Wheels off haha

Deleted member 103408

do you have a real spare wheel. only ask as i have a small spare and it wont fit on the front so you have to move wheels around

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
do you have a real spare wheel. only ask as i have a small spare and it wont fit on the front so you have to move wheels around

Oddly I did think that when I was doing it. I have a space saver so that’s never going to fit.

One thing I did notice was that even with the front wheel only off the ground enough to take the wheel off the rear now lifts off as well, guessing that because it’s so stiff now.

Either way that’ll make swapping wheels around a bit easier... that’s a win in my book. Lol

Deleted member 103408

hmm sounds like you need a support contract sure we can arrange something :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.