Installing Fan washers

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
I received my heated fan jets about a week ago, just waiting for the car now, got them from eBay (China) for about £11. I'll just have to wait and see what they are like but for £11 its no big deal if they are shite

My current 280 has fan jets again from China and never had a problem but I'm sure they cost me more than the new ones and those are not heated.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
How do you know if you need heated or non heated? I've just picked up a cupra 280 st so not clued up just yet
If you have the 'winter' pack or headlamp washers then it will have heated jets. You could remove one and look to see if it has wires going to the jet assy along with the washer pipe.

Joedj9

Aug 30, 2018
If you have the 'winter' pack or headlamp washers then it will have heated jets. You could remove one and look to see if it has wires going to the jet assy along with the washer pipe.

I dont have either. I did remove the washer and there isn't any wires in there. Thanks for the help mate, I'll have a look on Ebay for some new ones.

Reactions: Walone

JCM27

Apr 15, 2019
Friend works at a car dealer and have got him to order me 2 x 5MO 955 985 C 9B9 for £12.50 each. Will pick it up this weekend and see how it fits. Have this and some LEDs to fit.

JCM27

Apr 15, 2019
Finally got the jet washers over the weekend and fitted last night in 5mins
5MO 955 985 C 9B9 definitely fits the non heated trim. Friend got it at mates rate so ended up paying £22 for both which are genuine VW parts.

Super easy to fit these, literally took me 3 minutes to replace both of them thanks to the tips provided in this thread. I followed the recommendation to adjust them to the highest setting before fitment and the spray is spot on.

Super happy and 100% worth it!
What way do you turn for adjusting it to the highest setting?

Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Finally got the jet washers over the weekend and fitted last night in 5mins
5MO 955 985 C 9B9 definitely fits the non heated trim. Friend got it at mates rate so ended up paying £22 for both which are genuine VW parts.

What way do you turn for adjusting it to the highest setting?
I think it's clockwise, but you can see the jet moving as you turn the screw, you will probably need to adjust it to it's max height.

Tricepz

Dec 11, 2014
Hi All,

Is there a new link available which is also for international shipping?

I entered Ebay UK / DE and it seems like it could be fake although the part number.

Not sure from where to purchase.

Thanks,

Apr 4, 2019
Ordered from Michael at Listers, £22.24 delivered. Will report back how it goes fitting.

Apr 4, 2019
Very easy to fit, took about 20 minutes but I also changed my blades... which took longer!

I can report back some leaking as someone else pointed out. See picture. Not sure how normal this is as I can say I've never used my washer whilst stationary and observed so intently.

There seemed to be a fair amount of liquid pooled on the ground, and whilst lifting the bonnet post application and spray, there was still a fair bit of liquid dripping from the driver side sprayer.

My guess is the liquid doesn't exit the fan washer as quickly as the jet, so when I disengage, the liquid which hasn't been jettisoned just sits in the pipe and leaks out. Therefore in reality I'm probably not saving any wash as a result of the swap; but the clean is certainly better and that is good enough for me.

20190709_171100.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members