3 little things

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
What are the top three things about your Leon Mk.3 and what are the three things that annoy you?

Top things:
- that it still has a CD player. I might not use it, but at least it's there if I have to give my parents a lift anywhere!
- the noise the front doors make when you close them (a satisfying thud).
- the touchscreen is reasonably responsive

Bottom things:
- the need to stand there holding the door handle or key fob to get the mirrors to fold
- the park assist constantly kicking in when in traffic, or when approaching a speedbump, or when pulling off the driveway. In fact, it has slammed the brakes on before when doing the latter of these things. And the fact that I can't set the front assist to stay off unless I engage reverse first or push the button!
- the interior ambient lighting - the foot wells can only be white, the door strips can change colour, the lights up by the rear view mirror can only be red. There's too much colour going on!
- (bonus one) the slow animations and length of time it takes to scroll through the trip computer details on the instrument cluster!

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
Love these!

Number 1 of your negative list can be easily solved by a 'tweak' using VCDS/carista/OBDeleven etc. I did mine today.

Reactions: Butty

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
It's only a setting that can be changed - about half of VAG vehicles come with it as standard (Like my Superb, pop's Touareg etc.)

Up to you!

Deleted member 103408

What are the top three things about your Leon Mk.3 and what are the three things that annoy you?

Top things:
- that it still has a CD player. I might not use it, but at least it's there if I have to give my parents a lift anywhere!

Bottom things:
- the need to stand there holding the door handle or key fob to get the mirrors to fold
- the park assist constantly kicking in when in traffic, or when approaching a speedbump, or when pulling off the driveway. In fact, it has slammed the brakes on before when doing the latter of these things. And the fact that I can't set the front assist to stay off unless I engage reverse first or push the button!
- the interior ambient lighting - the foot wells can only be white, the door strips can change colour, the lights up by the rear view mirror can only be red. There's too much colour going on!
- (bonus one) the slow animations and length of time it takes to scroll through the trip computer details on the instrument cluster!

If its under warranty take it back to the dealer and complain about the park assist - I dont have this problem ever.

Mirrors to fold as above use obd11 i have never seen anybody have a mirror failure rejected due to this mod.

Foot wells you can fix very easily get yourself a colored pen and color the lens to the desired one.

Top 3 things I love about my car

1/ The Power and Handling
2/ The Mode Button - So i can have comfort and fuel economy or I can Set the suspension and power to be the best fun
3/ I love the fact the car is a wolf in sheeps clothing

3 Things I have changed to improve the car

1/ Better suspension that allowed me to lower the car
2/ Fitted stop start memory module so it remembers where i was last time
3/ Air Ducts to keep the brake disks cooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Seastormer

Challymo

Apr 13, 2019
Is the mirrors thing only on pre-facelift cars? My Cupra just had option for mirror folding on lock in the infotainment, once turned on they now fold on the lock/unlock on the key.

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
If its under warranty take it back to the dealer and complain about the park assist - I dont have this problem ever.

Mirrors to fold as above use obd11 i have never seen anybody have a mirror failure rejected due to this mod.

Foot wells you can fix very easily get yourself a colored pen and color the lens to the desired one.

Top 3 things I love about my car

1/ The Power and Handling
2/ The Mode Button - So i can have comfort and fuel economy or I can Set the suspension and power to be the best fun
3/ I love the fact the car is a wolf in sheeps clothing

3 Things I have changed to improve the car

1/ Better suspension that allowed me to lower the car
2/ Fitted stop start memory module so it remembers where i was last time
3/ Air Ducts to keep the brake disks cooler.

Do the breaks run hot? And what is a stop start memory module?

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester

Top things:

Bottom things:

For the footwell lights just pop them out and wrap them in red film, i bought some film off eBay for £1.20 delivered (600 x 400 mm)
Takes 10 minutes to do in total and you now have red footwell lights ;)

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
Top 3 things:

The handling
The look of the car
Standard kit it comes with

Worse 3 things:

Interior plastic quality
Very little soundproofing installed
Getting my car soaked every time i open the door after it has been raining

Reactions: Brooster89

Deleted member 103408

Dont think so,
Do the breaks run hot? And what is a stop start memory module?

Brakes are fine for road car but i take her on the track and this mod is a stock item off an Audi car.

Stop start memory module is a clever bit of kit you attache to stop start wiring so that when you turn the stop start off it stays off even after you have turned car off. But unlike coding it off you can just push the button to turn it back on again.

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
I think the start stop thing is a regulatory issue, probably lowers cars co2 emissions on paper.

Now for the good things:

1. 99% of the time being the fastest thing on the road
2. The sleeper look and faces of people when I say its a 2.0 290hp engine.
3. LED headlights

Negatives:
1. Pretty much everything related to infotainment - it is slow, overcomplicated, digital dash has way too much options and no way to set up 1-button press presets, its always clicking 10 times when I need something else. I also discovered a new bug - sometimes it says infotainment system is off and wont show media info on dash. Also there is the known eco mode bug (you have to select individual mode on every start to put it in eco). And then there is the bug with coolant temp not displaying, you have to reopen the sport view.
And I didn’t even mention the reboots when in carplay or android auto, or for example some screen off time when I start the car, put it in reverse, have reversing camera for 3 seconds, then have it turn off for 3 seconds and then I have it again (I hope you understood whan happens if not I will record it happening its like a mini restart).
Why the heck is the radio separated from media sources? It only complicates things, having to press multiple buttons to change to radio. I have never had a worse infotainment when I think about it. Even the E60 pre facelift did it better and I had to enter 2 submenus to change where the air was blowing from and had no touchscreen.

2. No feedback from steering wheel at all. But I am getting used to it now

3. No puddle lights. I love puddle lights.

Reactions: Brooster89

penyfai

Feb 4, 2018
Positives:
1. Driving it (300ST)
2. Practicality (it's an estate)
3. Colour (even though it wasn't the shade of grey I ordered)

Negatives:
Getting my car soaked every time i open the door after it has been raining
This!
2. As above for the boot
3. Quiet noise doesn't match performance, but keeps the family happy

Deleted member 103408

I think the start stop thing is a regulatory issue, probably lowers cars co2

Mine is 2014 car so just for eco issues i suspect but they fit this as standard on the new Cupra R model

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Good
The grunt
The handling
The grunt

Bad
Android Auto
No dealer (But I'll fix that soon)
The plebs think it's a Suzuki. Strangely enough, the ones that know what it is are all ex-pat Poms, and a cute Spanish waitress at a local restaurant.

Last edited:

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Good
The plebs think it's a Suzuki. Strangely enough, the ones that know what it is are all ex-pat Poms, and cute Spanish waitress at a local restaurant.

My next door neighbour said "oh you've got a new Suzuki" :censored:

Reactions: LouG

boggle

Dec 28, 2012
KENT
to fix the auto park pilot
press Car then click Setup > parking and manoeuvring
uncheck the auto activate
:cheers:

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
to fix the auto park pilot
press Car then click Setup > parking and manoeuvring
uncheck the auto activate
:cheers:

Thanks. Unfortunately it seems to reactivate each time the car is restarted. There is another option called active braking which I found when the car nearly tore my head off pulling out of Sainsbury's today. Will see if that stays switched off!

Laurbach

Jan 22, 2019
Top three,

1: Handling
2: Sound (Cupra 2019) I know most people think it's too quiet, but I like the deep noise it makes.
3: The understated look.

Bottom three,

1: The interior rattles.
2: The interior rattles.
3: The interior rattles, there's just so much character ;-)

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
Top three,

1: Handling
2: Sound (Cupra 2019) I know most people think it's too quiet, but I like the deep noise it makes.
3: The understated look.

Bottom three,

1: The interior rattles.
2: The interior rattles.
3: The interior rattles, there's just so much character ;-)
I don't have any rattles in mine, maybe I'm just lucky!! lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members