Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Not set on getting rid of Tapatalk, hadn't considered the multi-forum use, and of course, the benefit is we don't need to host everyone's images. Just a late-night musing. :)

The downside from a forum perspective is our banner ads don't show meaning our sponsors are missing out a bit - also polls don't work - last time I checked.

I like the old smileys (just the nostalgic in me I guess), they were imported from the old forum alongside the default ones that came with this application. Doesn't mean we can't have the old ones as well as new ones going forward.

Have been discussing the mods I'm keen to build a proper resource base (think Wiki) for SEAT knowledge, including history, profiles of all cars, past and present, resources such as maps of all SEAT and CUPRA dealers etc.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Would you be able to expand a little bit on the tiresome bit? How could we make it better do you think? I assume Tapatalk shows the site differently...

Cheers
The difference is clear, it's tidy, fits the screen no matter the size, mine is 6" but a 4.5" will display the same image as below. Tiresome as in the speed and layout. I can subscribe to a tread on tapa and have notifications "you can see at the top of my screen the tapa logo, email is slow and some times I won't ever get a notification and this is why I use tapa, to be able to reply. Via tapa viewing uses less battery than say the internet app like chrome.

66bdb77fc2abfe33182eacfbe3ed6cf6.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: st300 and Syphon

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The difference is clear, it's tidy, fits the screen no matter the size, mine is 6" but a 4.5" will display the same image as below. Tiresome as in the speed and layout. I can subscribe to a tread on tapa and have notifications "you can see at the top of my screen the tapa logo, email is slow and some times I won't ever get a notification and this is why I use tapa, to be able to reply. Via tapa viewing uses less battery than say the internet app like chrome.

66bdb77fc2abfe33182eacfbe3ed6cf6.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Fair comments, thanks for getting back to me

Reactions: Andrewwright

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Not set on getting rid of Tapatalk, hadn't considered the multi-forum use, and of course, the benefit is we don't need to host everyone's images. Just a late-night musing. :)

The downside from a forum perspective is our banner ads don't show meaning our sponsors are missing out a bit - also polls don't work - last time I checked.

I like the old smileys (just the nostalgic in me I guess), they were imported from the old forum alongside the default ones that came with this application. Doesn't mean we can't have the old ones as well as new ones going forward.

Have been discussing the mods I'm keen to build a proper resource base (think Wiki) for SEAT knowledge, including history, profiles of all cars, past and present, resources such as maps of all SEAT and CUPRA dealers etc.

The possibilities are endless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Just to update you. The work on the upgrade will start next week and likely take around two weeks. We aim to have it live by the end of the month at the latest.

Some of the enhancements will include:

• Member's own image galleries linked to their profiles
  • Profile enhancements including your own cover image, similar to your Facebook profile (these can also be applied to your threads)
  • More reactions to posts than just likes
  • Better discovery of new content
and more...

Reactions: Maypack

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
I use tapatalk. If it wasnt available then that would be it for me.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.