Possible to upgrade Bodykit to FR-like?

Alexander I

Sep 9, 2019
Hello everyone!
Newcomer here!

I own a mk3 2016 leon and I am wondering if it is possible to buy a bodykit that looks like the fr model? If so any recomendations?

It would be kind of nice to have that design because my car has the entry level chassi.

Thanks in advance!
Alex I

Reactions: MXP2090

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
The FR used to be so much more I had a mk1 fr

sideskirts
spoiler
grey mirrors
grey wheels
front bumper
rear bumper

and a bit of power

the FR is very diluted these days and is the most sold model by far

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019

sideskirts
spoiler
grey mirrors
grey wheels
front bumper
rear bumper

and a bit of power

I had to buy side skirts for my Cupra! Couldn't believe they aren't even included on a Cupra.

Reactions: Alexander I

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
That is ridiculous. Looks naff without skirts. Should 100% be standard on the cupra.

I would add them myself but they are ridiculously priced

Me too, I believe the Cupra should come standard with side skirts, plus...the sports styling kit... rear bumper with the round exhaust...

e5ad953f-b7a4-477c-b7db-452f9e9671f4

Alexander I

Sep 9, 2019
What about the LED headlights? In UK, only FR & Xcellence have LED headlights as standard, and lower trims can't even add them as options. It would be a straight giveaway when you don't have the LED lights.
Yes the headlights are a big part of the design imo

Alexander I

Sep 9, 2019
Me too, I believe the Cupra should come standard with side skirts, plus...the sports styling kit... rear bumper with the round exhaust...

e5ad953f-b7a4-477c-b7db-452f9e9671f4
Looked Up the swedish page for Seat accessories and found a rear bumper replacement for around 9000 swedish kronor (around 800-900 pounds i believe). It does not include the exhaust though which would cost a lot more.

Link: https://seattillbehor.se/Product/5F0071609

Worth it?

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
What i've found is that the money you save on the over all price of the car is the same if not more money you spend on the parts you want to add to it to make it look more appealing anyway.

i.e. sideskirts, rear boot spoiler, front and rear splitters e.t.c
Mine doesn't even have an engine cover! :blink:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
What i've found is that the money you save on the over all price of the car is the same if not more money you spend on the parts you want to add to it to make it look more appealing anyway.

i.e. sideskirts, rear boot spoiler, front and rear splitters e.t.c
Mine doesn't even have an engine cover! :blink:
And us poor Cupra owners don't even save any money and still have to buy splitters, side skirts, spoiler lips etc to make it look slightly sporty.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Looked Up the swedish page for Seat accessories and found a rear bumper replacement for around 9000 swedish kronor (around 800-900 pounds i believe). It does not include the exhaust though which would cost a lot more.

Link: https://seattillbehor.se/Product/5F0071609

Worth it?

Here it is: http://seat-leon.sgpetch.co.uk/page...y=ROOT-bodykit/accessory=Rear+Bumper/id=16064

But it's not painted, nor fitted :(. Anyway, if I were to fit that (which at one point I did, before dieselgate), I would have gone for an aftermarket exhaust anyway like the below:

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/seat-leon-sc-5f-20-tdi-150-hp-incl-fr-2013-.aspx

I mean the Leon already looks very sporty say next to a Golf or Octavia, but we all want it just a little bit more sporty, haha...

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Just to make it clear - if your car doesn't have LED headlights, retrofitting them is far from simple!

You would need the new headlights, the control modules, quite a bit of coding, potentially new light switches, sensors, etc.
Beware - my reply to go look in that site was all about the bumpers only and body parts.

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany

sideskirts
spoiler
grey mirrors
grey wheels
front bumper
rear bumper

and a bit of power

The 1.8 180 tsi and 2.0 184 tdi are quite different to the less powerful Leons:

-more power
-bigger brakes
-independent rear suspension
-E-diff

Modest power by modern performance standards, but still quick enough to get you into trouble.

It’s a smart move from Seat to introduce the FR line for all models, so people who don’t need/can’t insure more power can get a sporty look, but it does mean that “the Leon FR” has kind of disappeared compared to the mk1 and mk2.

As far as the OP, would it not be easier to sell your car and find a similar car in FR spec?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members