Satan The PD160 Shananigans Project

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
here we go! sorry its late but i've had a long week

the mad mechanic was kind enough to invite me around to work on my car. i'd been complaining about my crap suspension, so he sent me a list of parts and I drove down on my day off.

first things first, I wanted to open the box! it had been in my room for almost a week and I wanted to see inside

wkXdOCT.jpg

constructed:

you should have this guy whine as he got moved to this parking spot :( hope his turbo arrives soon

daVMSiY.jpg

car getting jacked up // service with a smile
oUXRYni.jpg

after some sledge hammer surgery :banghead: :banghead2

zh1NZBK.jpg

HE GOT IT OUT! IT WAS SO GRUELLING

jay lubricating the shaft

6iobbw6.jpg

wEtySQl.jpg

:)

AB12z02.jpg

happy/relieved to be working on the other side

cars been flipped around

Last edited:
Reactions: bigT's lcr

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
BONUS PICS

rnDm.jp

I've gotta say, i wasn't too impressed when @James St Patrick got an astra, an astra estate at that.... but he took me for a (literal) spin in it, and I actually drove it to the shops I am seriously in love with his Katie! that car can seriously shift

Last edited:

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
BONUS PICS

ABXrnDm.jpg

lpyblWt.jpg

I've gotta say, i wasn't too impressed when @James St Patrick got an astra, an astra estate at that! but he took me for a (literal) spin in it, and I actually drove it to the shops I am seriously in love with his Katie! that car can seriously shift

Wait till it's running 300+BHP man, then it'll shift. It's only running stock power at the minute but still quick enough dude.

Reactions: kanyewest

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Them front discs look a bit thin by the size off that lip on the top off the disc but the pads look like not been on long I would off done disc and pads if not doing the discs I would also not the lip off with a hammer to stop the squeal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
Them front discs look a bit thin by the size off that lip on the top off the disc but the pads look like not been on long I would off done disc and pads if not doing the discs I would also not the lip off with a hammer to stop the squeal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was meant to get them changed before i drove to his. I can't find the pads and discs i bought recently, and i don't want to buy another set yet in case it turns up, so im giving it a little longer

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
So later on today before work I gotta go recover him home, pull his panels, try see if there is any possible way I can make these pipes fit for the time been, if not, I'm litterly gonna rag every single PD boost pipe off scrap cars it ain't even funny. Then HOOOOOOOOOPE just hope one fits. If not, he ain't getting back on the road, he can sit there and wait for another year. MOT is due December..... what a tool.

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Got car back today, started it, cut straight back off within 2 seconds of it starting and continues to do so, either that's cause the cold pipe to the intercooler is off cause the MAP sensor isn't picking anything up, cat might be clogged from all the oil or the car is just majorly wrecked, when it starts it's got the glow plug light flashing, PAS light is on, the EML is on, the airbag light is on and also it's SUPER SUPER slow and hard at starting so not sure what's wrong with it. Guess I'll find out soon enough, come Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm doing a FULL diagnosis on the car and changing body panels over just for my own sanity I wanna know what's wrong with it, currently I don't know.

Do I regret buying it? Sometimes, am I keeping it. Unfortunately yes. But guess I got my project car and F me, this turbo is LOUD!!!!!! I had it spool up right quick and this thing I can tell is gonna be a pure weapon.

So car is stock. Minus a Decat, everything else is standard on it. Turbo is a GT1756 (Hybrid GT1749) anyone wanna take a guess at power? Standard Seat Sport front mount as well. I'm guessing about 225 to 230 at the crank which means about 210 to 215 at the wheels, torque I dunno but we will find out, hopefully the clutch holds up.....

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
So.... just booked Satan in for a respray to repair all the little dents and small rust patches and to make it all 1 uniform colour minus what I say is gonna be different so.....

Not saying what's happening but something a tad different and yes you will know it's my car. Watch this space.

He's gonna be coming back better than ever and I'm making sure of it.

Weather it be the paint, the alloys, weather is the power, I don't care, he's gonna be 1 of a kind. I promise you on that.

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
So..... today done some digging into the car and the reason it won't stay running, it's cause of the boost pipe that's off it..... The MAP just isn't picking any air flow up so I think it's mainly for safety the car cuts back off again.

Faults was something to do with EGR, Boost solenoid and a few other stupid things, which all leads to 1 pipe.

So when the pipe is connected some how, I'll try and figure something out about trying to get an extension boost pipe to make it fit....

Apart from that I've decided a colour, it's booked in, deposit is paid, now it's just a case of getting the pile of crap running and then drive it over there and yes it's a one of a kind colour, custom made by the guy spraying my car. He made it just for me, blasted it on an alloy to show me it, sent me the photo over and I'm like, YES, that, that's gotta happen, I've picked his brains completely with this.

The colour is seriously epic. The bonnet, roof and boot is been reversed so it stands out. After the respray, coilovers, whiteline ARBs, Rainsport 3 tires, better disc and pad combo on the front end, rear is getting a brake upgrade done to it (calipers stick on)

Hopefully I can get it sorted in 3 months as that's when it's booked in for a respray and I gotta drive it 2 hours 30 mins to my guy that's gonna spray it..... can't wait either.

Also I want different alloys, 17s but they HAVE to clear the 4 pots. Any ideas of the ET of the standard Cupra alloys? Split rims are preferred, if they stick out the arches, I don't care. I'll custom fit some rocket bunny arches on it and get them sprayed to match roof....

Yes I have big plans and yes I know, why do it? 1 because I can, 2 because I want too, 3 because it'll be one of a kind with spray colour and wide arches and 4 because this car is staying with me.

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH Stupid car!!!!!!

Got boost pipe botched to fit (just for starting reasons) starts, cuts straight back off again, STILL, cleaned everything I could, STILL the same.

Well bend me over and call me your little love puppet.

So got the AA out to fault find, they found out the cam and crank sensor both need "replacing" now let me say why I put the " "....... now for them to both break at the SAME TIME is VERY VERY maybe even never happened rare..... So..... Yeah, my reasoning been I've never seen it happen and for it to just happen now the turbos fitted? I dunno, I'm calling this out on its BS.

At this point, I was scratching my head, turned to the service history and the receipts for all the work done on the car.....

Looking throu........ wait, this just got interesting..... some CLOWN hasn't had the timing belt replaced, well done to this clever guy right here, so now I'm not even thinking, I'm KNOWING the timing belt has stretched a very very minor bit, a tiny fraction causing this to happen, so yep, I'm gonna for entertainment reasons, change the cam and crank sensor and also timing belt kit with water pump, just because I'm not losing my mind and this cars just effing with me.

Seriously Satan? You just got a HYBRID TURBO, I at least thought you'd be happy of that cauae you get more power, more torque to kill all the AMGs and M cars..... blah, I'm out, I'm done, F this car.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
0Hhg4Y5.jpg

in the words of punk rocker Neil Buchannan: "..and you will have something, that looks like...this!"

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise