Custom remap (stage 1) plus "???"

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
One question that leads to more questions:

I'm planning a custom remap (stage 1) for my Cupra R ST (with 4Drive, 7 speed DSG and 2 x GPF) plus a remap for the DSG. I think this will make a serieus improvement.
Next to that I want to modify the air intake, replace the flat panel filter for a K&N one, replace the turbo inlet elbow for Racingline one. I guess this might bring something extra.
I don't know if replacing the inlet hose for a Racingline one will make a difference.

On top of this I think of replacing the diverter valve.

What is your opinion about all of this? As individual parts and as a package? Thanks a lot for thinking with me!

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
I have Revo stage1 with 99ron map, and the difference is incredible :)
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for! Is that with a remap only, or with some other changes too?
In the Netherlands there is no 99 RON , zo I'm running 98 RON (BP Ultimate). Would that 1 RON make a noticable difference?

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for! Is that with a remap only, or with some other changes too?
In the Netherlands there is no 99 RON , zo I'm running 98 RON (BP Ultimate). Would that 1 RON make a noticable difference?
I have a MST intake with turbo inlet, Remus Opfback exhaust and a TVS stage3 dsg tune. Same in Sweden, so I put a few litres of E85 when I fill up with 98ron

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
One question that leads to more questions:

I'm planning a custom remap (stage 1) for my Cupra R ST (with 4Drive, 7 speed DSG and 2 x GPF) plus a remap for the DSG. I think this will make a serieus improvement.
Next to that I want to modify the air intake, replace the flat panel filter for a K&N one, replace the turbo inlet elbow for Racingline one. I guess this might bring something extra.
I don't know if replacing the inlet hose for a Racingline one will make a difference.

On top of this I think of replacing the diverter valve.

What is your opinion about all of this? As individual parts and as a package? Thanks a lot for thinking with me!

Revo do different intake kits, some of them come with the elbow and new filter housing and everything, https://www.onlyrevo.com/.

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
Yeah, DV is fun but abit of waste of cash
Where is the fun, while saying it's a bit waisting money?

I ran the GFB DV+ which didnt offer any extra noise (I didnt want it)
I'm thinking towards the GFB DV+ too. That it's not making extra noise by itself, is a plus for me.

It is supposed to give a (slightly) better/faster throttle response in the whole rev range. Does it, or is that just salesman talk?

I was told that the original DV is made of plastic, that is a bit resonating against the aluminium housing, causing damage in the aluminium in the long run and causing a leak. Don't know if there's some truth in it though.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Stock works fine, only point changing DV on stage1 would be for the fun factor (more noice)

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
The GFB ones aren't complete replacements are they?

Don't you use part of the existing one to assemble it.

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
The OEM hose has flexibele harmonica sections. In theory that leads to turbulance inside the hose and less air floating towards the turbo. Will replacing this OEM part with the Racingline hose bring noticable improvement?

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
The OEM hose has flexibele harmonica sections. In theory that leads to turbulance inside the hose and less air floating towards the turbo. Will replacing this OEM part with the Racingline hose bring noticable improvement?
Not particularly. If you combine an oversized hose with oversized metal bend into turbo then these supposedly release a noticeable improvement.
I've fitted an MST hose/bend kit but am unable to really test it out as winter wheel spin on a Revo stage 1 is stopping me from giving it full beans.

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
Not particularly. If you combine an oversized hose with oversized metal bend into turbo then these supposedly release a noticeable improvement.
I've fitted an MST hose/bend kit but am unable to really test it out as winter wheel spin on a Revo stage 1 is stopping me from giving it full beans.
As mentioned in the opening post I'm planning to combine the Racingline hose with a Racingline turbo inlet elbow.
I guess 4WD will be able to handle a stage 1 tune?

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
As mentioned in the opening post I'm planning to combine the Racingline hose with a Racingline turbo inlet elbow.
I guess 4WD will be able to handle a stage 1 tune?
Yes, ofc it can handle it. It is almost a must to bring it to life lol

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017
MST elbow and intake hose, ITG or Racingline Panel filter, remove snow grate, modify front panel with blanking plate
remap with Revo PPF stage 1 map

Reactions: Butty
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.