Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jay5959

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
DD24B11C-3430-4454-973B-E05BED4A6CC4.jpeg
7F9520CD-E5D5-4322-B2AE-DB478F8F8F2D.jpeg
7930A83E-91A3-487D-A47A-76975CE5C752.jpeg
Made my own FR style mudflaps today from standard universal black mudflaps.
I’m sure the stickers will probably come off at some point but then I was thinking about glueing some metal badges on them but they’re a tad smaller than the stickers.

Not sure if I should put the back ones on or leave it.

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
Looks awesome.

Foil / spray or new badges want to do the same to mine as also have mystery blue.....
I used plasti dip and found that it was a lot easier than when I tried to vinyl wrap them. I sprayed more coats than what the instructions said to, but found it gave a better finish. I also used a heat gun on a mildly warm setting to help set the coats to speed things up

Reactions: Eskilation

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
Looks decent, I’ve toyed with the idea on mine but it’s Black so felt it would be too blacked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not normally one for the blacked out look, but didn’t like the chrome so thought I’d give it go and see what I thought. I much prefer the black as it fits in with the wheels and mirrors etc on the black edition FR

Reactions: Hag

Eskilation

Dec 3, 2017
Bucks
I used plasti dip and found that it was a lot easier than when I tried to vinyl wrap them. I sprayed more coats than what the instructions said to, but found it gave a better finish. I also used a heat gun on a mildly warm setting to help set the coats to speed things up

ok thanks will search for some plastidip, also tried to wrap them / foil them with mixed results. You got a really good finish and I have heard it’s removable after as can be peeled off.

I also need to do roof bars as have an ST, So badges be a good starting point. The list of mini projects is growing.

Reactions: Gordon Blair

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
ok thanks will search for some plastidip, also tried to wrap them / foil them with mixed results. You got a really good finish and I have heard it’s removable after as can be peeled off.

I also need to do roof bars as have an ST, So badges be a good starting point. The list of mini projects is growing.
That will look nice. Be sure to post some pictures of it all done. I managed to get plasti dip at a local car parts retailer, as I’m an impatient sod and didn’t want to wait on delivery from an online retailer. What else have you planned for it? I’ve been looking to get a bit more power, and was all set to buy a tuning box but have been put off after reading very mixed reviews.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Wasn't today, but I removed to wheels to give them a good clean. Face condition is pretty good, however the barrels are a little damaged and have some corrosion. Also lost the magic eraser so I couldn't get all the gunk off. Ah well, gives me something else to do another day. Excuse the filter, it was getting late and the light was poor.
Snapchat-856083382.jpg Snapchat-84705871.jpg

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Tried unblocking the drain tube near the fuel cap, which resulted in the tube becoming fully disconnected and falling on the ground behind the rear tyre. Had to remove the fuel cap surround and refit the tube. In my defence I think the previous owner had been to the beach a lot. The tube was full of sand and grit, not a great sign considering it’s located right next to the fuel cap! Changing the fuel filter is now next on the list

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Tried unblocking the drain tube near the fuel cap, which resulted in the tube becoming fully disconnected and falling on the ground behind the rear tyre. Had to remove the fuel cap surround and refit the tube. In my defence I think the previous owner had been to the beach a lot. The tube was full of sand and grit, not a great sign considering it’s located right next to the fuel cap! Changing the fuel filter is now next on the list
There is that much sand in the rain depending on where it’s come from, it’s probably just from that.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members