what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Eskilation

Dec 3, 2017
Bucks
That will look nice. Be sure to post some pictures of it all done. I managed to get plasti dip at a local car parts retailer, as I’m an impatient sod and didn’t want to wait on delivery from an online retailer. What else have you planned for it? I’ve been looking to get a bit more power, and was all set to buy a tuning box but have been put off after reading very mixed reviews.

Same as you seen the delivery online so trying to source some but not proving easy...
I have a 2.0 TSI FR (190) not many about - poor mans cupra so I am good on power at the moment bought it just before the black model released. But I had black wheels added by the dealer so looking to complete the look with other black changes (grill, badges, roof bars) then would like a reiger splitter and side sill (black) again all subtle and a little subtle enhancements to the rear just to make it a little diff. Have already added some fr wing badges they set the side profile off nicely.

We did look at getting a tuning box for the wife’s she has a 1.4 FR but the reviews a little mixed as you say so we also held off.
Will post some lines once cleaned and looking it’s best

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
Same as you seen the delivery online so trying to source some but not proving easy...
I have a 2.0 TSI FR (190) not many about - poor mans cupra so I am good on power at the moment bought it just before the black model released. But I had black wheels added by the dealer so looking to complete the look with other black changes (grill, badges, roof bars) then would like a reiger splitter and side sill (black) again all subtle and a little subtle enhancements to the rear just to make it a little diff. Have already added some fr wing badges they set the side profile off nicely.

We did look at getting a tuning box for the wife’s she has a 1.4 FR but the reviews a little mixed as you say so we also held off.
Will post some lines once cleaned and looking it’s best
I’ve seen the FR wing badges on eBay, they look decent

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Had a dry run taking the air filter box off ready for a new one. 2 pipe clips, a breather hose, 2 screws and 4 clips later.
WHY?
My old Civic was 4 easy clips

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
So it seems. Looks like it's never been changed.
A little bit scummy of the Stealers but my induction kit will be on soon so not all bad.
The service interval is 60,000 miles/5 years for the air filter on MQB platforms. For the sake of c£10-15 I change mine every year, especially after finding a rodent had set up home in a Mk5 Golf air box once upon a time when based in Germany.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Back on topic... Haldex 5 oil change at 17.5k miles, brake fluid change and Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels ceramic protection on the alloys - hopefully performs better than the C5 applied previously, that I wasn’t overly impressed with.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
The service interval is 60,000 miles/5 years for the air filter on MQB platforms. For the sake of c£10-15 I change mine every year, especially after finding a rodent had set up home in a Mk5 Golf air box once upon a time when based in Germany.
Car was 5 years old when I got it.
I reiterate, stealers.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Watched the wife drive it off to the shops. I pray she parks away from everyone so it doesn't end up dinged like her car

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Good-Vibrations FR

May 12, 2020

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
im sure ive missed it somewhere but hope you don't mind me asking where you got your spoiler from? Been looking to source a proper one like yours rather than just the little clip on ones!

I got really lucky as somebody was auctioning it on Ebay. Do you need the part number?

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Testfitting spacers, 8mm on the rears now
Screenshot_20200516-060055_Gallery.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.