FR suspension and coilovers.

May 13, 2020
Estonia
Hello,
I am currently in a big dilemma about lowering my leon.
I currently want to lower my ride height about ~30mm and i was thinking about buying a coilover set.
But the issue is that the FR came with quite a stiff suspension from the factory already and i am thinking if coilovers are going to be even more stiff, is it worth it?
Can any of you share your experiences if you have upgraded from factory suspension to coilovers/lowering springs and the difference of stiffness.

My local roads have a hole every few meters and they are ~2cm deep so its quite a bumpy ride already but if i could find some budget coilovers that wouldn't be much more stiff than factory that would be perfect.

Guyelle

Apr 11, 2017
I replaced my stock springs with 35mm H&R’s and the ride is honestly about the same, maybe even better than stock! And it’s a really good ride height IMO

Attachments

• 0D632039-1E55-4FC3-B167-6C8C43C3CAB8.jpeg
    0D632039-1E55-4FC3-B167-6C8C43C3CAB8.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: Gerhard

Guyelle

Apr 11, 2017
Quick question aswell, i was looking through maxpeedingrods coils and they dont offer anything specifically for Seat leon.
But the question is, do vw golf mk5 coilovers fit for leon mk2?
First of all, I fitted maxspeedingrods coilovers to an Ibiza (purely because it was cheaper than getting new original springs all round) and the ride was extremely firm.
To answer your question, MK5 golf has the same suspension set up so it will fit, just ensure they are for your car though as a 1.6 is likely to have different springs to a 2.0 TDI or TFSI. My shocks were actually for a MK5 golf GTI and fit fine

Reactions: Gerhard
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.