what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
Wasn't done today, but forgot to post. Gave my FR a bit of TLC.
Gave it a heavy duty wash and decontamination and also a 2 stage polish using Koch Chemie F6 and M3.
Finished it off with Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax, which is amazing btw. Super easy, quite durable, and wonderful beading.
Would highly recommend Bilt Hamber Auto Foam and Auto Wash, both are amazing products for cleaning.
0YE9NnU.jpg

Here's a short clip of the beading

My brothers a professional detailer and works with a lot of Top end cars and swears by Bilt Hamber products like their snowfoam etc. It’s what I use on mine and works a treat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
Changed the oil, filter and air filter on Saturday. Castrol Edge Titanium LL, Mahle and Mahle. Whoever decided to fit the oil filter housing upside down deserves a bloody good thrashing :banghead:.

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Removed the rear muffler and got a nice set of exhaust tips similar to those in the Audi RS3l
owered the car just a little bit

Give it a good wash and took some photos

Wrapped the front shield and emblem

Also changed the oil, coolant cap and windshield wipers

Very nice looking Cupra, What alloys are they you have?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
That new software looks smart,where did you get the software file and how did you update?

(not the maps, I’m just interested in the actual software) thanks
Ah unfortunately it was just a map update. The software/firmware itself is as it was when it come from the factory.

Reactions: ryzzey

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Sweeet! No more smudges, thank you!

Does @Damo H sell them? I’d like a small piece of film to go on the gloss just in front of the phone holder/cubby hole where the USB ports are.
No I bought them off of Amazon I think.

I only discovered about 6 months later, they’re not very good for scrolling though (neither is the normal screen to be honest). I believe someone else has found some better thinner ones.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Reactions: Luke_bank

Tell

Staff member
I got them from here:

I have Nav High and wasn’t sure if it would work as apparently you need Map Care or something enabling. Worked a treat for me!

Reading your FeC screen that Walone messaged me you will be Ok for the November 2020 release then you are out of the Mapcare limit. I did a decode on the Navigation FeC for the high to enable people to assess whether they can do a map update for the high:

I got a bit tired with a retrofitter that said they had given me unlimited ability to update the maps when they hadn't. Same happened to @Walone. Finger tapping at the FeC as an issue on my two nights away from home on it, I googled and constructed the table. It's a running Hex code that the maps are released with. The unit knows where it is in the quarter of the year, any maps beyond that FeC code hex quarter wont load. In your case you used the front menu, that stops working. If you do it via the SWDL back end it freezes up navigation after 30 seconds. You know it's not worth importing this way if you see Navdb etc without a Y on it. You have to load back a map that's within the quarter limit. Interesting on a retrofit unit, original unit, re-programmed FeCs it blew a raspberry as we entered into the crucial quarter. With Walone and me messaging we were getting weird messages, then the map update came out and the rest was history.

I assume your unit was covered by the one year Mapcare cover that comes with Seats these days, rather than a retrofit. My Plus in 2016 never had that. I'm good for six years on map updates now.

Reactions: paddy6789

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
The Leon is going today, sad times but new car pick up day is always fun and it’s xcellence ateca so still staying within the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hag

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
We're on same. Im buying ateca. Some of them are fake advertised as excelence..
Got my eye on orange one :)

Poslano z mojega SM-G390F z uporabo Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.