Facelift build quality

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
cant comment on pre facelift but had my 17 plate for 9 months now and no rattles or anything.i feel its a very nice and comfortable place to be.

yozza1987

Leon Mk3 Fr
Sep 3, 2013
Worcester
Gone from a pre facelift I had for 2 years to a facelift. Feels more refined, better lay out inside aswell. Had mine 3 months and had no issues, no rattles etc

Doc Leon

Jan 19, 2020
Digging up an old thread here but was wondering if the consensus was still that the facelift models have sorted the rattle issues?

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Mine rattles from the rear left passenger door. Car is 6 months old, noticed it a few weeks ago. Had the same issue on my 2017 GTI. It's common on VAG cars regardless of facelift or not from what I've learned.

I'll have them look at it at service in a few weeks, pretty sure they'll fix it under warranty. I'll probably do a DIY sound proof of all doors anyway.

Reactions: Doc Leon

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Mine rattles from the rear left passenger door. Car is 6 months old, noticed it a few weeks ago. Had the same issue on my 2017 GTI. It's common on VAG cars regardless of facelift or not from what I've learned.

I'll have them look at it at service in a few weeks, pretty sure they'll fix it under warranty. I'll probably do a DIY sound proof of all doors anyway.
Last time I was at the dealers they said any issues with rattles needs to Be addressed in the first 6 months or 6,000 miles whichever comes first so much for a 3 year warranty!

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Last time I was at the dealers they said any issues with rattles needs to Be addressed in the first 6 months or 6,000 miles whichever comes first so much for a 3 year warranty!

That's pretty poor to be honest.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Haha I will. Fingers crossed though all cars built late 2019 onward are supposed to be rattle free. Emphasis on supposed.
Can't say the same for my A45 S though.

Mine was built dec 2019 and rattles, not a lot though so far.

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
I don't have any rattles with mine but very disappointed in paint quality, it marks so easily even using microfibre cloths and despite heavily sound proofing the car there is still a higher than average level of road noise from the rear.. apart from that the quality of everything else seems very good and of course I love the car!

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
2019 R ST built April 2019.

Rattles galore but I’ve tried to tackle them one by one with bits of foam, felt or silicone spray.

Only one I’ve not been able to solve is somewhere around the headliner/sunroof at the front. (It’s not a creaking sunroof, regular treatment with silicone solves that one)

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I don't have any rattles with mine but very disappointed in paint quality, it marks so easily even using microfibre cloths and despite heavily sound proofing the car there is still a higher than average level of road noise from the rear.. apart from that the quality of everything else seems very good and of course I love the car!
One slight rattle in the glovebox area, but not enough to warrant me ripping it all to bits to chase it, but I've also noticed the paint does seem very soft/thin, especially compared with my Mercedes which has paint about 4 inches thick.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I don't think the facelift is an improvement on the previews car in any significant way. What I see is cost cutting and fancy lights to make you think you're getting something.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Only rattle/creak I've had so far was from front interior light/alarm sensor panel. Dealer investigation found one of the panel securing screws had come out completely, refitted and tightened others...quiet.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.