Radio Upgrade

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Hi there,

My daughte's new 2014 Toledo has an AM/FM radio/CD player. DAB is something that would be nice and I see a bunch of Chinese units on eBay for just over £100. Anyone fitted and of these units or replaced the radio in the Toledo? Not looking so spend a fortune, she's not a boy racer. Just would like to add DAB if easy enough.

Options and opinions welcome.

Thank you.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Over on Briskoda there were a few that went the Chinese Android route. Looked fairly OEM and about the quarter of the price of the factory one (SeatMedia 2.1/VW RNS315).
On cars the age of yours it's all one unit too. Later ones have just a screen with the gubbins in the glovebox.

Xtrons was a brand that got mentioned a lot.

Reactions: Mr Pig

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Over on Briskoda there were a few that went the Chinese Android route.

I saw those on eBay starting at just over £100. I'm hesitant as you have no idea what the quality is like and I don't know if they'll work with the steering wheel controls etc. Certainly tempting as you're getting sat nav, DAB etc for not a lot of money.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I think they need coding to the steering wheel, but so do the OEM units. Given that the car is a badged-up Skoda, the Rapid section on Briskoda will likely have more experience of HU swaps.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
This thread has links to a UK supplier from a happy customer.

I just went into the Rapid & Spaceback forum and searched for Android.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Audiotech direct do android ones or what appear to be copies of the VW originals for an OEM look.

Many under £200, although the DAB module might be extra.

And they claim to work with existing steering wheel setups

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I don't want to spend £200. My daughter wouldn't be that bothered.

I'll have a look on the Skoda site, thanks for the advice :0)

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Radioplayer app on Android/ iPhone. Bluetooth or USB or 3.5mm audio lead to Toledo.
Free.
Unless you don't have Bluetooth or a cable knocking about.

Arnout84

Mar 5, 2019
A standard stock radio in a Toledo does not have bluetooth. There is also no modul or something present. A RNS 315 has internal bluetooth. I have a Seat RNS 510 for sale, PM me if interested.

Arnout84

Mar 5, 2019
I drive a ‘16 Toledo with a Seat Easy connect radio with sat nav, DAB+ and Carplay. Unfortunately it can not be modified in a 2014 Toledo

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
A standard stock radio in a Toledo does not have bluetooth. There is also no modul or something present. A RNS 315 has internal bluetooth. I have a Seat RNS 510 for sale, PM me if interested.
UK market cars had a separate Bluetooth module under the front seat I think.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.