Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Interesting, the hatch is supposed to be twin pipes, and the ST with quads. The lack of roof rails would indicate this is the hatch after all. Either they've changed their minds or this is a mule.

Hpi_matrix

Jun 13, 2014
Any updates on release date? The Cupra facebook page indicated end of Oct but now they don't know. Octavia VRS and Golf GTE (why dont they do an estate version?!) have been released so surely this cant be far off? Has covid lockdown held things back?

On another note I'm assuming you can get a Cupra serviced at Seat and dont have to go to a specific Cupra dealer?

Desperate for a new company car but may have to go with the Skoda if the Cupra isnt available.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Any updates on release date? The Cupra facebook page indicated end of Oct but now they don't know. Octavia VRS and Golf GTE (why dont they do an estate version?!) have been released so surely this cant be far off? Has covid lockdown held things back?

On another note I'm assuming you can get a Cupra serviced at Seat and dont have to go to a specific Cupra dealer?

Desperate for a new company car but may have to go with the Skoda if the Cupra isnt available.

Official information, trim levels and pricing now released here

Jon89

Sep 27, 2020
Kent
Good find. CUPRA Leon is missing its side skirts and has a quad exhaust on the hatch - something I discovered on the video on the infotainment unit - originally it was going to have a twin pipe - wondering if the lower powered petrol, hoping the 300 will have the quad as standard. That's also the Formentor with the funny exhaust layout (2.5 engine).

I think the side skirts are only standard on the UK spec cars. Everything seems to be an option on cars sold on the continent, including side skirts. It's nice that you get more standard equipment in the UK but my main concern is I don't want to have to get the car with the one wheel option that trim level comes with if I would rather have another design.

I read something somewhere that suggested the lower bhp petrol will now have a twin exhaust and the 300 will be quad as standard but who knows! That 2.5 in the Formentor does sound nice!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I love the confidence Jordi has at the ring. Remember him showing me all the "not for public" videos of near crashes etc when they were setting the Sub8 record years ago.

I've done about 10 laps of that place and it scares me sh**less.

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Hmm starting to rethink things now, contract is up in April and can't see price coming close to what I'm on now in time for the change, currently on £312 a month for 15k miles a year, although I think I'll hit nearer 20k.

Before my last cupra I had an Octavia vRS and am considering a return, my Google feed kicked up a sort of early bird offer for £267 @ 8k, knocking the miles up came out at about £320, I never take the DCC out of cupra mode so I doubt I'll miss that and probably won't miss the extra power either.

Added bonus is the Octavia actually has options, canton will be nice and a heated windscreen will come in handy when I go to work at 4 in the morning.

Seat will have to really pull something special out of the bag I feel, times ticking, hopefully by next contract prices will be reasonable.

loyalbear1872

May 2, 2018
Hmm starting to rethink things now, contract is up in April and can't see price coming close to what I'm on now in time for the change, currently on £312 a month for 15k miles a year, although I think I'll hit nearer 20k.

Before my last cupra I had an Octavia vRS and am considering a return, my Google feed kicked up a sort of early bird offer for £267 @ 8k, knocking the miles up came out at about £320, I never take the DCC out of cupra mode so I doubt I'll miss that and probably won't miss the extra power either.

Added bonus is the Octavia actually has options, canton will be nice and a heated windscreen will come in handy when I go to work at 4 in the morning.

Seat will have to really pull something special out of the bag I feel, times ticking, hopefully by next contract prices will be reasonable.
I believe the Ocy has a far superior interior to the Leon

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Been looking at the Cupra Ateca as an alternative in case the delivery time on the Leon is too close to end of current lease. Liked the review from Autogefuhl. Now wavering on choice.
Maybe not as good at handling but 4 drive would beat the wheel judder in current Leon Cupra.
Interested in any thoughts on comparing these.
Wondering if the prices on the Leon will be near to my current deal and with any Brexit effect added.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Been looking at the Cupra Ateca as an alternative in case the delivery time on the Leon is too close to end of current lease. Liked the review from Autogefuhl. Now wavering on choice.
Maybe not as good at handling but 4 drive would beat the wheel judder in current Leon Cupra.
Interested in any thoughts on comparing these.
Wondering if the prices on the Leon will be near to my current deal and with any Brexit effect added.

Hopefully you've seen our review? :) 2020 CUPRA Ateca 300BHP review - SEATCupra.net | SEATCupra.net Forums

Reactions: Oldboy racer