Dump valve question

allyboy

Jun 28, 2009
Hello, I have recently bought back my Ibiza and it had been badly messed around with. Due to needing urgent work I haven’t driven it yet. Anyway I noticed that dump valve is missing it’s vacuum hose and it looks like it has been looped back into Solenoid valve (might be wrong but looks like N75) anyway can anyone tell me why they have done this and if I put pipe onto dump valve what goes into front of valve? Cheers
3148F6D9-370D-440E-80EE-EA7FC9671A85.jpeg

allyboy

Jun 28, 2009
Hello, I have recently bought back my Ibiza and it had been badly messed around with. Due to needing urgent work I haven’t driven it yet. Anyway I noticed that dump valve is missing it’s vacuum hose and it looks like it has been looped back into Solenoid valve (might be wrong but looks like N75) anyway can anyone tell me why they have done this and if I put pipe onto dump valve what goes into front of valve? Cheers View attachment 20963
This might be a better picture! If anyone has a picture of theirs (I know most guys delete it and run it straight from inlet) I would like to see where it’s meant to go
80908025-B5B1-4ACE-9930-D2A1C7C064B8.jpeg

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
Recirc blow off valve rather than dump valve and I'd say that's the N249 valve you have highlighted in second picture. Can you post a picture which is taken a bit further back showing blow off valve and TIP? I've done the SAI delete on mine so no longer have the N249 valve but, from memory, that second picture doesn't quite look right to me. My car is in storage at the moment so can't access for pics but I'll check phone and Flickr to see if I have any which could help

allyboy

Jun 28, 2009
This diagram should help you work out where things should go:

Got this picture before I did the N249/SAI delete which should help bottom of blow off valve into N249:

Hope that helps?
Thanks for your time and help! Looks like to make way for boost pipe they have removed vacuum reservoir and snapped off pipe at n249 that goes to dump/diverter valve so yeah found the issues with your help thanks again

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
No bother hopefully helps but let us know if not. Good to see someone else trying to restore/keep another on the road(y)

allyboy

Jun 28, 2009
No bother hopefully helps but let us know if not. Good to see someone else trying to restore/keep another on the road(y)
Got it sorted! Someone had snapped the pipe on n249 at the side for the dump/diverter valve. Thankfully he left it in the boot so Repaired pipe and working A ok now! Just need to shorten the crazy big looped pipe! Doesn’t need to be that long! Yeah it’s not gonna be an easy task to get it mint again it’s had lots of bodges needs brake pipes and sills are needing some welding. Happy days

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise