Covid Vaccine

Fester999

May 17, 2020
Folks
I'm fortunate enough to have had my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine recently.
I'm 50 and diabetic.
I had Covid last July and am suffering badly from long covid even now.
I only had a sore arm around the injection point and no other side effects.
Believe me you don't want to feel like I have for over 6 months.
If you are offered a vaccine take it!
Massive thanks to the NHS and the people who have developed the vaccine.
Stay safe out there.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Had my vaccine five weeks ago and I only had a slight sore arm for about 12 hours. I know people who’ve had the virus and they said exactly the same as you. Men always suffer it worse too and my neighbour (in his 30s, no underlying issues) suffered badly - three visits by paramedics, two trips to hospital and he lost two stone. Take this seriously everyone - you can’t mess about with this virus. Hope you get better Fester.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
When it does get down to my age group 30's I guess I'll have it but they don't know how long it will keep you safer for yet I assume so in 3 months you may have to have another one etc and also if another strain comes in like the SA variation and the vaccine you've had is useless against it then it's just going to ask for random vaccines all at once.

Personally I have a massive fear of needles which means that 100% of the time I get them near my arm ill pass out which isn't fun and then for an added bonus if I stress out too much I get an irregular heart beat for a few hours till I chill out, if this is a one off and then it's like the flu in later years when I don't need to have it I'd do it but until I know more I'm not putting myself through that stress for quarterly jabs.

I've also had big allergic reactions in my life and never found out why so I'm not sure if that's still a thing when being asked haha

Basically in my head I'm not having it but I know I should lol I'm happy working from home and getting deliveries etc keeping myself to myself if needs be

Hope you feel better soon!

Fester999

May 17, 2020
When it does get down to my age group 30's I guess I'll have it but they don't know how long it will keep you safer for yet I assume so in 3 months you may have to have another one etc and also if another strain comes in like the SA variation and the vaccine you've had is useless against it then it's just going to ask for random vaccines all at once.

Personally I have a massive fear of needles which means that 100% of the time I get them near my arm ill pass out which isn't fun and then for an added bonus if I stress out too much I get an irregular heart beat for a few hours till I chill out, if this is a one off and then it's like the flu in later years when I don't need to have it I'd do it but until I know more I'm not putting myself through that stress for quarterly jabs.

I've also had big allergic reactions in my life and never found out why so I'm not sure if that's still a thing when being asked haha

Basically in my head I'm not having it but I know I should lol I'm happy working from home and getting deliveries etc keeping myself to myself if needs be

Hope you feel better soon!
I received the offer to book by text message from my doctors.
It did say if you use an EpiPen you can't have the Pfizer vaccine.
Fortunately I'm only allergic to cats!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I received the offer to book by text message from my doctors.
It did say if you use an EpiPen you can't have the Pfizer vaccine.
Fortunately I'm only allergic to cats!
My allergic reaction was every 3 years between May and August when my whole body swells up haha good times, hasn't happened in a few years though...

The wife has an EpiPen so I'm sure she will need to find the Oxford one, I was never given one as its a slow reaction and didn't seem to cause any mega issues

Fester999

May 17, 2020
My allergic reaction was every 3 years between May and August when my whole body swells up haha good times, hasn't happened in a few years though...

The wife has an EpiPen so I'm sure she will need to find the Oxford one, I was never given one as its a slow reaction and didn't seem to cause any mega issues
I hope you get offered the jab soon mate.
The government has made some bad decisions but you can't fault how they're rolling out the vaccine.

Reactions: xyz

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
My wife had the Astra Zeneca flavour. she felt poorly for a couple of days and with no sore arm. My jab booked for next weekend...booked yesterday earliest appointment at local vaccination centre is next weekend! Stay safe folks.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
You're not alone. Gallons of blood. Greenstick fractures. Massive cuts. All no probs.
Show me a hypodermic needle and you have to pick me up off the floor. Weird thing is I managed to have a tattoo a few years back with absolutely no problem.
It's a very common affliction according to the fantastic nurse at my GP's surgery who gave me a tetanus jab a while back. Apparently the big , hunky rugby playing types are the worst for wimping out at the sight of a needle. I wasn't going to correct her in my case :p

Reactions: Fester999

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
You're not alone. Gallons of blood. Greenstick fractures. Massive cuts. All no probs.
Show me a hypodermic needle and you have to pick me up off the floor. Weird thing is I managed to have a tattoo a few years back with absolutely no problem.
It's a very common affliction according to the fantastic nurse at my GP's surgery who gave me a tetanus jab a while back. Apparently the big , hunky rugby playing types are the worst for wimping out at the sight of a needle. I wasn't going to correct her in my case :p
It's not an ideal scenario lol if this was an immunisation instead of a temporary fix I'd be at it like a shot but as I have to do this again in a few weeks then every so many months it doesn't make sense in my head haha I'm also about as far away as you can get from a rugby player haha I've pretty much passed out at most hospitals and GP's near me the nurses at my gp know the deal when I turn up.

Fester999

May 17, 2020
I'm a 16 stone prop forward and never liked needles but was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic in 2008 so had to get used to injections.
Now I'm covered in tattoos!
I reckon they'll invent a vaccine in tablet form.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm a 16 stone prop forward and never liked needles but was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic in 2008 so had to get used to injections.
Now I'm covered in tattoos!
I reckon they'll invent a vaccine in tablet form.
Eating food based items is something I'm somewhat of a pro at haha sign me up!

Reactions: Fester999

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
They can take their vaccine for the plandemic and ram it as far as i’m concerned
I guess that's your choice lol there will be every sort of response to the vaccine I imagine. It's interesting to see how others think about it.

Most of my friends say they probably wouldn't have it (late 30's) because it's a 2 step and then every few months but would get it if it stopped them from being able to do basic things without a vaccine passport

Fester999

May 17, 2020
It is a personal choice.
I can honestly say that I wasn't greatly affected when positive but now I am in pain every day over 6 months later.
There are folk worse than me but I would advise anyone to have the jabs.
Even if just to slow the r rate.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I guess that's your choice lol there will be every sort of response to the vaccine I imagine. It's interesting to see how others think about it.

Most of my friends say they probably wouldn't have it (late 30's) because it's a 2 step and then every few months but would get it if it stopped them from being able to do basic things without a vaccine passport
I think if you are of young age and no underlying heath conditions and reasonable BMI then it’s nothing to worry about.

It will become the new flu vaccine and the vulnerable will receive their yearly shot. For the rest of us we won’t get a look in.

probably get offered the 1st vaccine but unlikely to receive yearly boosters.

i really hope they don’t go with vaccine passports, or i will probably have to get one.

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Getting mine next Sunday, - the Oxford variant apparently. One of the main reasons for me is that I
don't want to be the one who brings COVID into my home and passes it to my kids, (even if they
are not likely to feel very unwell by it) just because of me not having done everything reasonably
possible, (including getting the vaccine) to reduce the risk factor.

There is a strong argument that even if you not so bothered about yourself/don't really believe in it,
you should have the vaccine anyway if medically possible just to help protect the many others.

Being a responsible adult/doing your bit for the greater benefit/not being a d*ck are other ways of
looking at it - and even if you're unimpressed with such sentiments, I'd suggest everyone at least once
considers how they would feel if in a few weeks/months time they find themselves at Uncle Dave's,
Great Aunt Flo's or whomever's wake with a nagging doubt that it may well have been them that had
unwittingly passed-on Corona to them.

Apologies if this comes across as preachy - it's not the intention, but I was compelled to give my
Wife a bit of a reality check last week when she was dithering about having the vaccine for no real
solid reason. She did have the Pfizer type last Saturday and put-up with a sore upper arm for a day.

Fester999

May 17, 2020
I caught covid off my 19 year old daughter who was worse than me when we were isolating.
Believe me that was not nice seeing her being poorly and not being able to do much except hope for a speedy recovery.
She has no symptoms now but youth is on her side.

Reactions: xyz

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I think if you are of young age and no underlying heath conditions and reasonable BMI then it’s nothing to worry about.

It will become the new flu vaccine and the vulnerable will receive their yearly shot. For the rest of us we won’t get a look in.

probably get offered the 1st vaccine but unlikely to receive yearly boosters.

i really hope they don’t go with vaccine passports, or i will probably have to get one.
If it wasn't for my fear of needles and possible heart stress i'd get it in a heart beat lol I think for things to return to normal it's not about self but possible issues not getting it could have on others, I know some very venerable people close to me that i've had to avoid even though i'm not in the danger zone age group etc.

You're right it will become the new flu yearly or half yearly top up and yes we will have to pay for it, once everything has died down and I'd had the first doses I probably wouldn't have it again but till everything is sorted with those more at risk.

I must admit for some reason I received a text saying I could have the vaccine from my local GP, lets just say resting heart rates have risen haha now i'm even more torn than before... I get sweaty palms just typing this! it's all good fun having a fear of the smallest thing ever haha

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members