Covid Vaccine

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
It's good to see so many positive attitudes here towards getting the vaccine. Another site I was on ended up deleting every thread on Covid and the vaccine because it was full of conspiracy idiots. These people need to have a word with themselves.

I definitely feel reassured knowing there are more people scared of needles out there. I desperately want to give blood, but when I saw the size of the needle, that was it for me.

I'll work myself up for weeks when I know I'll be having the vaccine, and will do it all over again when I have the second jab. It's not going to be a fun time - but if a wuss like me will put myself through the anxiety, I don't think anyone else really has a valid excuse - I'm doing it for the health of other people rather than for me.

And yes, four tattoos, including one on my ribs. Riddle me that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
It's good to see so many positive attitudes here towards getting the vaccine. Another site I was on ended up deleting every thread on Covid and the vaccine because it was full of conspiracy idiots. These people need to have a word with themselves.

I definitely feel reassured knowing there are more people scared of needles out there. I desperately want to give blood, but when I saw the size of the needle, that was it for me.

I'll work myself up for weeks when I know I'll be having the vaccine, and will do it all over again when I have the second jab. It's not going to be a fun time - but if a wuss like me will put myself through the anxiety, I don't think anyone else really has a valid excuse - I'm doing it for the health of other people rather than for me.

The brain works in mysterious ways lol I guess if people think it's all the governments and pharmaceutical companies etc etc then it's going to be tough to get that out of someones train of thought...

Yeah needle fear isn't talked about that much bar this thread haha it's good to know, i'm not sure how you all get tattoos lol that's just a no go for me... Maybe you're needle sizeist haha

I find it very interesting as I now wear a Fitbit Sense on how much info correlates to stress and anxiety, I found my last Fitbit very handy as pre blackout I use the heart rate monitor to keep my bpm down as much as possible lol

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
I guess that's your choice lol there will be every sort of response to the vaccine I imagine. It's interesting to see how others think about it.

Most of my friends say they probably wouldn't have it (late 30's) because it's a 2 step and then every few months but would get it if it stopped them from being able to do basic things without a vaccine passport

It’s better than suffering Covid. I’ve had mine and suffered no side effects. As for needles, doesn’t bother me. I’ve just got over cancer so been stabbed that many times plus I have injections in my spine and don’t bother with gas and air - I just go into a bubble and ignore it. I have a couple of locals but that’s it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
It’s better than suffering Covid. I’ve had mine and suffered no side effects. As for needles, doesn’t bother me. I’ve just got over cancer so been stabbed that many times plus I have injections in my spine and don’t bother with gas and air - I just go into a bubble and ignore it. I have a couple of locals but that’s it.

Happy for you getting over cancer, great news! I guess when something happens a lot it loses its grip on anything you had against it. In my mind it's not better than having covid and that's my issue haha

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site

The needle for the vaccine is tiny compared to the one for giving blood plus it goes into a muscle not a vein. I’ve been having all my childhood vaccinations again as chemotherapy and stem cell treatment wiped them out. Out of all my numerous injections, the pneumonia and flu jabs gave me mild side effects and the Covid gave me none. Don’t worry mate - you’ll be fine.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Got my Vaccine apt today for Monday 8th March.

no idea why though

32 years old
No Underlying Health conditions
Fit as a fiddle
Never go to the doctors EVER

My mother and father haven’t even had a vaccine yet.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Probs.....

Cyprus on the 1st of May minus the missus sounds quality though......
I wonder if they have an excess stock and you happened to be chosen from that bit of stock, your parents may be in a different pool or something. Who knows but it doesn't quite make sense...

Haha I think everyone should have a lads/ladies holiday as you've no doubt been stuck with the other half for quite some time. Everyone needs personal space eventually lol

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I wonder if they have an excess stock and you happened to be chosen from that bit of stock, your parents may be in a different pool or something. Who knows but it doesn't quite make sense...

Haha I think everyone should have a lads/ladies holiday as you've no doubt been stuck with the other half for quite some time. Everyone needs personal space eventually lol
Well my dad has just got the all clear from bladder cancer has type 2 diabetes and is a smoker. He is also overweight
no vaccine

im 32, average weight, non smoker, never had any health issues. Nothing. Also no allergies and i have never taken medication.

strange

i feel bad cause i would rather my old boy got the jab than myself

Fester999

May 17, 2020
Well my dad has just got the all clear from bladder cancer has type 2 diabetes and is a smoker. He is also overweight
no vaccine

im 32, average weight, non smoker, never had any health issues. Nothing. Also no allergies and i have never taken medication.

strange

i feel bad cause i would rather my old boy got the jab than myself
Mate think of it this way.
Once you have had the vaccine you lessen the chance of spreading the disease. This has to be a good thing.

Reactions: '& Son' managed

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
17th May is the earliest mate - subject to the four tests being met.

Hahahaha

I love all the rules and regulations

You can drink outside but only with a main meal but only on the 2nd wednesday of the month but not if that day falls on a date that can be divided by 3

🤣

All a load of nonsense

Whats the 4 tests? I honestly don’t really listen to the news too much now, all doom and gloom

andycupra

status subject to change
good to see most are positive about the vaccine.
For those that say its a personal choice, and indicate they won't get it, - yes technically it is a personal choice, but from a societal point of view people should take it. some might even say its selfish not to, with those saying i don't need this jab or that jab are only able to to live with low risk as others get vaccinated.

Those saying it might then end up being taking it every few months, it won't get to that. the initial jab is 90% of the protection, the second helps your body build a longer term protection. But yes, there is potential for there to be updates to the jabs every so often, but i know there is already work in progress for vaccines that will provide protection less susceptible to mutations. Having said all that, despite the reports of mutations so far it the current jabs still do the job.

Ignore the conspiracy theories, get it done.

Reactions: Woody_72 and xyz

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
For those that say its a personal choice, and indicate they won't get it, - yes technically it is a personal choice, but from a societal point of view people should take it. some might even say its selfish not to, with those saying i don't need this jab or that jab are only able to to live with low risk as others get vaccinated.

Those saying it might then end up being taking it every few months, it won't get to that. the initial jab is 90% of the protection, the second helps your body build a longer term protection. But yes, there is potential for there to be updates to the jabs every so often, but i know there is already work in progress for vaccines that will provide protection less susceptible to mutations. Having said all that, despite the reports of mutations so far it the current jabs still do the job.

So what you're saying is that it's not the 5G network or the governments getting cash for the pharmaceutical companies lol my favourite has to be the anti covid protesters that protest without masks then get Covid... that one gets me every time.

I do wish that in this day and age thing shouldn't have to be needles all the time but I guess it's easier to create a liquid than a pill.

Reactions: iammooks

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
I reckon they'll invent a vaccine in tablet form.

It’s already in testing for tablet form.

Had mine 3 weeks ago now. Fine on the day, then woke up at 2am with my teeth chattering so loud my partner woke up, was frozen to the bone and couldn’t get warm, I’m usually immune to the cold, then started throwing up and hour later, then 6am alarm goes off and I couldn’t get up. 12 hours later im fine again.

Its said the worse your reaction the better immunity your building.

Fester999

May 17, 2020
It’s already in testing for tablet form.

Had mine 3 weeks ago now. Fine on the day, then woke up at 2am with my teeth chattering so loud my partner woke up, was frozen to the bone and couldn’t get warm, I’m usually immune to the cold, then started throwing up and hour later, then 6am alarm goes off and I couldn’t get up. 12 hours later im fine again.

Its said the worse your reaction the better immunity your building.
A mate who was really poorly when positive has been tested for antibodies.
He is donating plasma, he has the highest possible antibody count.
I went to donate plasma but my veins weren't suitable.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site

I’ve had 17 vaccinations in 5 months so it doesn’t bother me tbh.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.