• CUPRA Formentor VZ5

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • CUPRA Formentor VZN

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters

Brady93

Jan 28, 2014
Worcestershire
Wahoo - My order securing fee has gone through so next step will be confirming the build date I imagine. Graphene Grey VZ3 😁

Does anyone know if the UK market copper alloys are the same shape as the silver alloys, or the design with the spiders web style spokes? I seemingly can't find that info anywhere and have seen VZ3's with both 🤔

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Nice. I like the graphene grey from pictures/ videos and would be the go to colour I think after my preference of metallic magnetic tech grey

Reactions: Brady93

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
Just for reference if anyone is curious about Urban silver (dealer cleaned - some intensive detailing is due). Fancy the subtle blue hue that has... The alloys are the same EXCEPT for the aero models different ET and don't fit Big Brembo brakes.

Attachments

• IMG_4055-scaled.jpg
    IMG_4055-scaled.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_4053-scaled.jpg
    IMG_4053-scaled.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: Peyton and Brady93

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Wahoo - My order securing fee has gone through so next step will be confirming the build date I imagine. Graphene Grey VZ3 😁

Does anyone know if the UK market copper alloys are the same shape as the silver alloys, or the design with the spiders web style spokes? I seemingly can't find that info anywhere and have seen VZ3's with both 🤔
This is in the brochure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210313-175302_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210313-175302_Drive.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 108

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Just for reference if anyone is curious about Urban silver (dealer cleaned - some intensive detailing is due). Fancy the subtle blue hue that has... The alloys are the same EXCEPT for the aero models different ET and don't fit Big Brembo brakes.
I see yours has the Brembos with silver alloys. Guess this is country specific as they are copper on VZ3 and VZ Edition in UK?

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
Originally the Cooper alloys along the matt paints were just for the launch editions, after they get sold out options would disappear and stock alloys would be the silver version I have on my car.

Someone at Cupra had the idea of re-introducing the cooper version of the original alloys but as an option (that was around mid February... too late for me to amend my configuration). If that was the unique 'running change' to equipment would be nice but.. someone shuffled some equipment options and when you had leather seats, you got as a bonus the electric movement and the memory package, who was an option in the past.

Planning dept. at Martorell for sure has a nightmare arranging build slots for different countries who have completely different options and builds. For Example, till end of February, you cannot choose a different rim for your car, the stock was the unique available for Spanish market (but not for other countries).

Same happens with Virtual pedal for boot and 230V inverter (optional for some markets, but stock for others), same with Beats audio and many others. A complete real mess and lack of uniformity makes things more complicated.

Reactions: Stonepope

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I see yours has the Brembos with silver alloys. Guess this is country specific as they are copper on VZ3 and VZ Edition in UK?

In my country you can get bronze 5 spoke rims only if you get Brembos as well. If you want a "stock" VZ you get 5 spoke white rims. I wanted to get rims with bronze details but didn't want Brembos so I had to choose "spider web" rims (ones that are in VZ3 UK spec).

Reactions: Stonepope

CupraPoopra

Mar 15, 2021
Just thought I'd say hello.

Currently have a Formentor V2 1.5 DSG in Urban Silver/Blue interior on order.

Hopefully should get it in May to replace the family run around Peugeot 3008.

We took the plunge having not even seen the car. My only concern is boot size, as it's some 100l smaller than the 3008 despite being similar in length and width, albeit a lower roofline. That being said, I keep forgetting that my youngest child (3) no longer needs a pram anymore, so bootspace less important that it once was.

Does anyone know of any compatible rook/bike racks for the car?

Reactions: Syphon

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just thought I'd say hello.

Currently have a Formentor V2 1.5 DSG in Urban Silver/Blue interior on order.

Hopefully should get it in May to replace the family run around Peugeot 3008.

We took the plunge having not even seen the car. My only concern is boot size, as it's some 100l smaller than the 3008 despite being similar in length and width, albeit a lower roofline. That being said, I keep forgetting that my youngest child (3) no longer needs a pram anymore, so bootspace less important that it once was.

Does anyone know of any compatible rook/bike racks for the car?
Welcome to the tribe. I've got a 1 year old so the pram is in my boot quite a lot. What I have noticed is where the boot may lack in height it makes up for in depth and I actually find it quite a reach getting something right at the back without my leg coming into contact with the bumper. if you use the space properly shouldn't be a problem for a usual lifestyle. Pram isn't the best shape to utilise space but it's not an issue with it being in there as the footwell where the child seat is can also be utilised. Guess you don't have that problem anymore though ha.

Reactions: CupraPoopra

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
I’ve had my VZ2 on order 3 weeks on Saturday 🤣 Not as much fun as you having your car I know 👍
Hope you get it soon! I ordered my car 7 days before I got it! I assumed there was a surplus and demand was low?>

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
Hope you get it soon! I ordered my car 7 days before I got it! I assumed there was a surplus and demand was low?>
Maybe it was a unit built for the stock, it coincided with the equipment you wanted and the dealer was able to lock and pull that unit from the built or in-transit pool. Anything ordered and delivered in less than 21 days is a unit made for stock.

Last time they told me the planning dept at Martorell works with 2 weeks (as a minimum) in advance for planning runs, they leave some 'holes' on the programming to run expedited build or repeating.

But really doubt that dealer could enter your order, system accepts/acknowledges the order, build it and transport the car to the UK in less than 7 days. But it great to have it in such short time. Haven't been so lucky when ordering cars, all of them needed to be built.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I was told I could have a car within 3 weeks but wanted the towbar, sunroof and extended safety pack so have to wait for the factory order. I have a provisional build date of week 14 (w/c 5th April) and told I should get the car 4-5 weeks from when the car is built so hope to get it mid May 🤞

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Maybe it was a unit built for the stock, it coincided with the equipment you wanted and the dealer was able to lock and pull that unit from the built or in-transit pool. Anything ordered and delivered in less than 21 days is a unit made for stock.

Last time they told me the planning dept at Martorell works with 2 weeks (as a minimum) in advance for planning runs, they leave some 'holes' on the programming to run expedited build or repeating.

But really doubt that dealer could enter your order, system accepts/acknowledges the order, build it and transport the car to the UK in less than 7 days. But it great to have it in such short time. Haven't been so lucky when ordering cars, all of them needed to be built.
Yeah same happened with me. My order matched a car built and waiting in Spain. 5 weeks from order to delivery

manracer

Mar 15, 2021

I spoke with the seat dealer who said there were 15 cars at port and could be called up within 10 days. Its a 2 year lease so I wasnt fussed, choice of colours and leather.

Being totally honest, i'm rather underwhelmed with the car and having previously ordered cars that require build I cant help but feel i'd be disappointed if I had ordered one of these from the factory with the associated lead times. Im not hating on anyone or wishing to pee on your chips either. Maybe i've been spoilt previously.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I spoke with the seat dealer who said there were 15 cars at port and could be called up within 10 days. Its a 2 year lease so I wasnt fussed, choice of colours and leather.

Being totally honest, i'm rather underwhelmed with the car and having previously ordered cars that require build I cant help but feel i'd be disappointed if I had ordered one of these from the factory with the associated lead times. Im not hating on anyone or wishing to pee on your chips either. Maybe i've been spoilt previously.
It’s no problem, I could have got the car with the sunroof and colour leather/paint I wanted but was told there weren’t any cars built that have the towbar which I need.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
It all depends what cars you had in past and whether you are upgrading or downgrading. A lot of people seem to be upgrading, so really happy about new car with more power or spec. But if you're coming from top, it's just a car. Eco attack is not doing any good to new cars, acceleration response slowed down by software, just to hit C02 targets, etc.

I think it might be my last brand new car, because there's nothing interesting any more for petrolhead, unless we're talking about super cars.

Reactions: Peyton and IanH72
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise