Formentor System Errors

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
It's the new Leon though but I've had most of these - parking brake fail, lane assist fail, key not identified so was unable to start the car for 5 minutes, all kinds of bugs in CarPlay.

Does OBD11 work on these cars? For both reading out logs and errors or for programming as well?

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I would contact Cupra customer services on 0370 333 4446 to ask them for a car to drive until yours has been fixed, make sure to tell them that you have posted the issues on this site and will be posting their response also.

Mar 19, 2021
I would contact Cupra customer services on 0370 333 4446 to ask them for a car to drive until yours has been fixed, make sure to tell them that you have posted the issues on this site and will be posting their response also.
Thank you, will follow this up

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Today camera froze on me while reversing. It then threw up information on screen and dashboard about parking assist error. It unfroze when I was driving forward at low speed. It didn't come up when reversing again a few minutes later.

Also got Exit warning system unavailable error couple of times. Not that I care about it.

Hardware rev D.

I drove countless cars with reversing camera and none ever froze on me. I guess it's not really camera, it's the system.

Last edited:

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
I picked the car up on Monday and today is the first day I haven't had an update!

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I had update every day since Tuesday, but I think it's the same one and it doesn't install successfully. Today, I didn't bother to read description but saw later that install failed. I'm not going to sit in a car for ages, to play with the system.

Last edited:

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
I’m getting nonsense from my system like the above, its definitely gotten worse since last update.
Hugely frustrating.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
I’m getting nonsense from my system like the above, its definitely gotten worse since last update.
Hugely frustrating.
Think I'll stop downlaoding this one that keeps failing, seems like it's not worth the hassle. Fingers crossed no issues at all yet, drove 350 miles today using everything I could to check 🤞

stunew60

Jan 26, 2021
So been down in Cornwall working for 2 days
Reverse camera failed to work twice black screen but parking sensors still worked
Main infotainment screen failed to wake up just black screen untill next restart any one else had these issues ?

got home and youngest son had done a ace drawing of our Formentor
Yep I had the exact same issue, Local cupra dealer said it was a problem with the camera module and they had to replace it.. Be aware this requires a special tool (according to cupra) with laser alignment, taken 6 weeks so far just to get the parts and tool (according to local dealer no one on the south coast has this tool so it had to be ordered). will let you know if it solves the problem as expecting it back tomorrow.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
I’m loathe to have my new car sitting in the dealership car park for 6 weeks to get the camera sorted.
That said I want mine sorted so sounding like I’ll need to get it booked in!
I’ll be keeping it whilst they gather parts though.

stunew60

Jan 26, 2021
I’m loathe to have my new car sitting in the dealership car park for 6 weeks to get the camera sorted.
That said I want mine sorted so sounding like I’ll need to get it booked in!
I’ll be keeping it whilst they gather parts though.
Yeah its been a pain, I had other isues that needed sorting as well, not just the camera.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Yeah its been a pain, I had other isues that needed sorting as well, not just the camera.
You must be very patient!!
I hate taking my car to the dealers ever - most of them could not care less about your pride and joy, unless it’s undriveable Im taking it home to tuck it away in my garage.
What dealer is it that yours is in so that I can refer my local dealer to them when they inevitably have no idea what needs doing....?

stunew60

Jan 26, 2021
You must be very patient!!
I hate taking my car to the dealers ever - most of them could not care less about your pride and joy, unless it’s undriveable Im taking it home to tuck it away in my garage.
What dealer is it that yours is in so that I can refer my local dealer to them when they inevitably have no idea what needs doing....?
SNOWS Seat in southampton

ruivo

Jan 28, 2021
Today I've dropped my car in the dealer to check the strange issue with the right fog light warning I'm getting on my car.

They provided me a 1.5L Formentor while they are fixing mine.

As soon as I got home with the replacement car, I got a warning about electric breaks, and it took 5 tries to get the break to stick.

IMG_20210329_134323.jpg

Am I lucky or what?

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
@Zephyr - just to make sure I'm reading mine properly, which numbers on the system information page change when you complete an update?
Sorry for being late, had some probs on the past week. This is what I promised you. Sorry for the fingerprints on the screen..

Attachments

• IMG_4090.jpg
    IMG_4090.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 347

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I read there's service bulletin for Formentor for cars with VIN numbers: 000226 - 007184. Only found info in German so far: "Es gibt nun von Cupra die erste Feldmaßnahme (18.03.2021) für den Formentor, FIN-Bereich 000226 - 007184" https://www.cupracer-hilfe.de/feldmaßnahme90q7

It something to do with CAN bus communication and coding some drivers. Update of main computer and Infotainment. Someone mentions that the only difference he notices, is Cupra noise when car is stationary, which before was only available when driving. Software version is now showing as 1672. Display Unit Control Panel version 6074. That was for unit with rev C. Work was done in dealership, 3 software packages to be applied.

I translated it from two languages, so info might look a bit chaotic.

Last edited:

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
My VIN falls within that group of numbers. Ive been having various problems with infotainment and safety systems. Think it’s time to discuss further with the main dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise