Things I have discovered about the car.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Does anybody else find 'sport' a bit redundant? Personally I'm either in individual mode- set to be as eco as possible or cupra mode giving it the full beans. Is there any benefit to sport mode over cupra mode other than a little less noise from the fake sound?
I agree sport is pointless. Individual or Cupra is all they needed to fit IMO.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I agree sport is pointless. Individual or Cupra is all they needed to fit IMO.
Not moaning about it being there but I'm just not sure of what purpose it really holds. Comfort fair enough as you might want to set individual up to be a mix of comfort/ cupra. But in my opinion who wants the dampers/ throttle response/ gearbox sensitivity at like 3/4. Either all or nothing for me. Haven't used off-road yet and don't think I will use it much, maybe for just overflow car parks etc that might be fields/ if I find myself on a gravely dirt track. Don't think anyone would be stupid enough to try some actual offroading.

Wattser

Jan 30, 2021
Also did anybody else have the software update the other day? Think it was either Thursday or yesterday?
I got the software update, not noticed any differences to be honest. It was probably minor corrections.

Wattser

Jan 30, 2021
I got the software update, not noticed any differences to be honest. It was probably minor corrections.
I am sure I saw a post on the update I just cannot remember if it was in this forum or on the Facebook group which I have now left because I am fed up with all the buillshit that was being posted.

Wattser

Jan 30, 2021
Update available

TPI 2062441 (Q-Service Packet /Field Measure 91BO)

The large update package for all index "d" infotainment controllers has been available for several days now.

Thus, the version 17xx is raised to 1803.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I use Comfort mode for boring motorway drive with ACC and on poor quality roads. Individual is setup to the max for most options, except ACC to sport and engine and gearbox to comfort. When I want to drive more aggressively, I change gearbox to sport. I hardly ever use Cupra mode.

I used Off Road mode yesterday, when driving through fields.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Update available

The large update package for all index "d" infotainment controllers has been available for several days now.

This update MUST be done at a Dealers. It cannot be done over the air as it requires a physical connection download.

I had the previous Q-Service pack update for v16xx to v1672 and the car was in the dealers for 5 hours.

This is the only way you will get the update from v17xx to v1803.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wattser

Jan 30, 2021
This update MUST be done at a Dealers. It cannot be done over the air as it requires a physical connection download.

I had the previous Q-Service pack update for v16xx to v1672 and the car was in the dealers for 5 hours.

Good old Seat/Cupra......they are appalling.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
On the Amazon Alexa download where can you find the info for where it says tax i.d no.?

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021

So have they had a go at fixing the issues and failed then? Is that why they need these cars back a second time?
My car said an update was carried out on Thursday but my software is still sitting at 1672 (which is where my car was pushed to when it was at the dealer for 5 hours “rectifying issues” a couple of weeks back).
As per next message it’s appalling!!! They have released these cars whilst still working out how the operating system functions.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
So have they had a go at fixing the issues and failed then? Is that why they need these cars back a second time?
My car said an update was carried out on Thursday but my software is still sitting at 1672 (which is where my car was pushed to when it was at the dealer for 5 hours “rectifying issues” a couple of weeks back).
As per next message it’s appalling!!! They have released these cars whilst still working out how the operating system functions.

No

Not a second visit

Cars with v16xx software get an update to v1672

Cars with v17xx software get an update to v1803

So only one update per car.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
No

Not a second visit

Cars with v16xx software get an update to v1672

Cars with v17xx software get an update to v1803

So only one update per car.

Ah, so newer cars are having the same issues?
Either way it’s a cluster and the point remains, they should have had this all squared away before releasing the cars.

Have you been issue free since the pushed update?
I’ve had a few issues, but not as many as before - the camera being a repeat offender, one being downright dangerous ACC and lane assist failing whilst driving), but I’ve also driven the car far less.

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Update available

Just to clarify, those of us with v17** software need to contact the dealership to get a software update done?

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Ah, so newer cars are having the same issues?
Either way it’s a cluster and the point remains, they should have had this all squared away before releasing the cars.

Have you been issue free since the pushed update?
I’ve had a few issues, but not as many as before - the camera being a repeat offender, one being downright dangerous ACC and lane assist failing whilst driving), but I’ve also driven the car far less.

Rear Camera still an issue and Lane indication flashers in the door have illuminated a few times for no reason.

Everything else seems ok.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just to clarify, those of us with v17** software need to contact the dealership to get a software update done?
Ball ache, mines 1790. I've been lucky had a couple of niggles to do with ventilation system on 2 occasions but been behaving itself issue free for past month or so. Does anyone know how long the dealer update takes?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members