Things I have discovered about the car.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Does anybody else find 'sport' a bit redundant? Personally I'm either in individual mode- set to be as eco as possible or cupra mode giving it the full beans. Is there any benefit to sport mode over cupra mode other than a little less noise from the fake sound?

This is probably remnant from SEAT days where ordinary SEATs (FRs for example) has Sport mode, but SEAT Cupras had both Sport and Cupra. It's quite redundant although Sport is less annoying with the fake sound.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
What I've discovered is that the Cupra sign is easy to mistreat. As you can see, my cupra sign in the back is showing some kind of white residue across the black parts (this is not light/shadow).

I think this is remnants of wax that got trapped in the rough surface and is visible after drying out. I've managed to clean it for the most part with a pressure washer using some soapy water and lot of clean water. There is a small spot or so left, when wet the sign looks fine so you are cleaning by guessing until it dries off.

Make sure to rinse off this sign especially.

znak.jpg

After cleanup
znak2.png

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Ball ache, mines 1790. I've been lucky had a couple of niggles to do with ventilation system on 2 occasions but been behaving itself issue free for past month or so. Does anyone know how long the dealer update takes?

My update from v16xx to v1672 took around 5 hours at the Dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wattser

Jan 30, 2021
It's Cupra only, absolute nightmare for me as my nearest dealer is 60miles away. Plus he said it takes 4/5 hours to update..

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Once you have got all the temperatures up to suitable levels the pops and bangs are pretty relentless within the 3-4k range in cupra mode with gearbox set to S. Up until last night I thought it was quite tame with the exhaust note but I think that was down to me driving short journeys and the temperatures not reaching optimum values and me still expecting to hear lots of noise. After driving for around 20 mins last night I then hit the countryside with twisty roads and the exhaust was very active

Reactions: Yaz2010 and IanH72

Wattser

Jan 30, 2021
Once you have got all the temperatures up to suitable levels the pops and bangs are pretty relentless within the 3-4k range in cupra mode with gearbox set to S. Up until last night I thought it was quite tame with the exhaust note but I think that was down to me driving short journeys and the temperatures not reaching optimum values and me still expecting to hear lots of noise. After driving for around 20 mins last night I then hit the countryside with twisty roads and the exhaust was very active
I have not noticed any difference in the exhaust note even in Cupra mode. I will keep experimenting.

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
I do love the deep bass-y thump you get on a high rpm down/up shift in Cupra mode (probably mostly fake noise but satisfying).

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Same as me. You should be able to hear a distinctive change after meeting all temps and then driving in an environment where your shifting between gears quite regularly. Trying to get the exhaust to burble after 10 or so minutes seems like a thankless task but after 25 mins or so it's always popping between that 3-4k rev range

Reactions: Wattser

Stepdavi

Apr 13, 2021
Same as me. You should be able to hear a distinctive change after meeting all temps and then driving in an environment where your shifting between gears quite regularly. Trying to get the exhaust to burble after 10 or so minutes seems like a thankless task but after 25 mins or so it's always popping between that 3-4k rev range
Noticed it on mine today, 60 ish mile drive, pulled in to sainsburys in cupra mode going slow, heard the bassy thump, didn't realise what it was, tried a little accelerate and let off and did again, sounded nice.

Reactions: Ricknffc

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Noticed it on mine today, 60 ish mile drive, pulled in to sainsburys in cupra mode going slow, heard the bassy thump, didn't realise what it was, tried a little accelerate and let off and did again, sounded nice.
Sometimes sounds like your driving over a man hole cover ha. Quite enjoyable once you hone in on how to get the sweet spots. Best on country roads where your always dabbing the throttle. Granted the akrapovich exhaust on the likes of the ateca seem more active and easier to get more burbles in 'normal' driving.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I have not noticed any difference in the exhaust note even in Cupra mode. I will keep experimenting.
You should be able to hear the exhaust flap open and exhaust note change even stationary. Open your door, start the car in comfort mode and start switching through the modes. When you change to Sport you'll hear a click (flap opening) and the engine sound will be deeper. This should be noticeable. If you don't hear anything, I'd get someone to stand outside and report back the sound. If there is no change at all, go to service.

If you start the car in Cupra or Sport, I am not sure if the flaps are open immediately or only after the car warms up. I usually switch to Comfort and back to Cupra to open the valves.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
You should be able to hear the exhaust flap open and exhaust note change even stationary. Open your door, start the car in comfort mode and start switching through the modes. When you change to Sport you'll hear a click (flap opening) and the engine sound will be deeper. This should be noticeable. If you don't hear anything, I'd get someone to stand outside and report back the sound. If there is no change at all, go to service.

If you start the car in Cupra or Sport, I am not sure if the flaps are open immediately or only after the car warms up. I usually switch to Comfort and back to Cupra to open the valves.
Yeah exactly right I always start in comfort/ individual mode and put my windows down and put cupra mode and wait for the clack of the flap to open. Like you I'm not 100% sure if you start straight in cupra mode the flap is open but pretty sure it is. If you aren't hearing any burbles at all when your engine is up to 95-100 °c between 3-4k revs or hearing the flap open from comfort to cupra mode when stationary then yes get in touch with your dealer immediately

Reactions: Wattser

Wattser

Jan 30, 2021
Yeah exactly right I always start in comfort/ individual mode and put my windows down and put cupra mode and wait for the clack of the flap to open. Like you I'm not 100% sure if you start straight in cupra mode the flap is open but pretty sure it is. If you aren't hearing any burbles at all when your engine is up to 95-100 °c between 3-4k revs or hearing the flap open from comfort to cupra mode when stationary then yes get in touch with your dealer immediately
Yeah got it, thanks for the advice I've now got the burbles etc. and I can also hear the flap opening in the different modes. Me being a Cupra newbie

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise