Things I have discovered about the car.

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Figured this out a couple of weeks ago, you can force the engine to cut out by a hard press of the brake when stationary.

Edit.. I think the engine has to be up to temp first as I tried it after first getting in this morning and didn't work.

You’ll see an A with a diagonal line through it on the dash when stop/start is deactivated. Could be due to fluid temps or cabin temperature demand (need engine running for AC compressor). Also gearbox must of course be in D.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
When in manual you can switch directly to 'D' by flicking the gear lever fully back. Till now I have been flicking it once and it takes it into 'S' then flicking it again taking it to 'D' but if you pull it fully back it goes straight to 'D' ( pulling the gear selector back there are 2 notches) pulling it straight back to its 2nd notch takes it to 'D'
Or you can long hold the RH paddle to take you back to D (full auto) 👍

Reactions: Ricknffc

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Or you can long hold the RH paddle to take you back to D (full auto)

Problem with that is it always up shifts which isn’t necessarily what you want. They should have made it so pulling back both paddles returns to the previous automatic mode (the same way pulling back both in Auto puts you into Manual without changing gear).

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
And long pull on LH paddle drops the gear to lowest possible for maximum acceleration 😁
It does but it's going too far. It dropped me to 3rd gear and 6000+ rpm. After I pressed the accelerator, it had to upshift very soon (and it wasn't ready for it). It would have been smarter to drop me to 4th instead.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
You're probably aware that you can drop down windows when holding unlock on a key and close all the windows when holding lock button. That's typical and old feature of VAG cars and can be set in car menu.

Yesterday, I tried if it works with keyless and it does. At least closing windows, when you keep your hand on a external part of the handle. Unfortunately, you can't open the windows by holding the handle. Just tested it.

I never thought about trying it on keyless Audi, somehow always used the key to open or close all windows. It probably worked the same. So it took me only 6 years to try it for the first time.

Last edited:

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
It does but it's going too far. It dropped me to 3rd gear and 6000+ rpm. After I pressed the accelerator, it had to upshift very soon (and it wasn't ready for it). It would have been smarter to drop me to 4th instead.
Tried it earlier and it seems to work OK, think it dropped to 3rd and 5500rpm. It's for full-on gunning it that's for sure 👺. Also, I get a darker outline appear on the rev counter of revs in the previous gear used. Anyone else noticed this? Not sure the reason, or use, but interesting nonetheless 🤔

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Tried it earlier and it seems to work OK, think it dropped to 3rd and 5500rpm. It's for full-on gunning it that's for sure 👺. Also, I get a darker outline appear on the rev counter of revs in the previous gear used. Anyone else noticed this? Not sure the reason, or use, but interesting nonetheless 🤔
I'll need to do couple of more tests, but it's possible you just hit that rpm range as going into 2nd would put you over the redline.

My point was that it shouldn't go for the lowest gear possible if it ends up 200rpm from the redline. What is the point in that. And when I tested, it looked like it would go as low as possible.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Yeah don't you get a greyish line of the previous gear shift? I have only taken notice of it when in manual. ( Does it only appear when in manual) I'm not really sure what the point is of it to be honest... Obviously to let you know where you changed gear on the rev range last?

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Yeah don't you get a greyish line of the previous gear shift? I have only taken notice of it when in manual. ( Does it only appear when in manual) I'm not really sure what the point is of it to be honest... Obviously to let you know where you changed gear on the rev range last?
It looks good.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Will be heading across the Peak District later today to Stockport: Snake Pass on the way out, with Mam Tor and Winats Pass on the way back! Proper driving roads to test this baby out, wish me luck 🤣💥

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I'll need to do couple of more tests, but it's possible you just hit that rpm range as going into 2nd would put you over the redline.

My point was that it shouldn't go for the lowest gear possible if it ends up 200rpm from the redline. What is the point in that. And when I tested, it looked like it would go as low as possible.
When you floor the accelerator it will change down to the "peak" power range between 5450rpm to 6600rpm.

Reactions: Yaz2010

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Good luck mate just on your own too?
Yeap, was on my lonesome. Car was awesome on Snake Pass, Sheffield too Glossop, power and grip mighty impressive. Overtaking ability is silly. I have to say with DCC set to firm the car felt more controlled than my 7.5 Golf R (no DCC on that). Had it in Individual mode, but wasn't hearing pops and bags with engine sound set to Comfort. Thought this just set the Soundaktor in the car, but must also control the exhaust valves too. Had to stop and take a photo of course.
IMG_20210510_180846.jpg

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Yeap, was on my lonesome. Car was awesome on Snake Pass, Sheffield too Glossop, power and grip mighty impressive. Overtaking ability is silly. I have to say with DCC set to firm the car felt more controlled than my 7.5 Golf R (no DCC on that). Had it in Individual mode, but wasn't hearing pops and bags with engine sound set to Comfort. Thought this just set the Soundaktor in the car, but must also control the exhaust valves too. Had to stop and take a photo of course.
Looking great! I had a small winding B-road foray where the car really shows it's power. When the exhaust is open, due to curves you get constants pops and bangs as you let off the throttle in the corners. Really enjoyable.

Try pulling the sound actuator and see how you like it.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Good luck mate just on your own too?
Once set to Cupra mode was popping and banging like a good 'un 😁. Heading back up to Mam Tor on the return journey I diverted left just before Winnats Pass towards Barber Booth and then Edale on a truly great driving road. That road is mental! Heading up and then down, twist after twist, really well the quickness of the steering and the brakes (which were fine: no Brembos here😊). The progressive steering really is awesome. Ears were popping like mad on the decent lol. Another couple of photos needed I feel. This is on the way up towards Mam Tor from Stockport. You've probably gathered the reason for the trip: collecting new (ebay-purchased) roof box. Can report it is possible to hoon around with this on 😉
IMG_20210510_201037.jpg
IMG_20210510_201212.jpg

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Coming back to Lincoln in the dark I can report the car interior lighting looks great, more importantly though the auto dimming function on full beam works a treat. Detecting approaching cars as I did, sometimes before - presumably because of where the sensor is mounted on the windscreen. It seems to detect street lamps too and keeps the beam down when going into town. It didn't seem to be affected by bright, reflective road signs out in the dark countryside - the manual states this could affect it.

Reactions: Yaz2010

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
Yeap, was on my lonesome. Car was awesome on Snake Pass, Sheffield too Glossop, power and grip mighty impressive. Overtaking ability is silly. I have to say with DCC set to firm the car felt more controlled than my 7.5 Golf R (no DCC on that). Had it in Individual mode, but wasn't hearing pops and bags with engine sound set to Comfort. Thought this just set the Soundaktor in the car, but must also control the exhaust valves too. Had to stop and take a photo of course. View attachment 24428
Great little write up, really good to read. I live top end of Ashton, near Mossley, Snake and Woodhead all very local to me and I will be out in my VZ2 as soon as it arrives later this year. You’ve probably detailed this elsewhere, but may I ask which roof bars you have for the car as I’ll be putting bikes on mine. 👍🏼

Reactions: Stonepope
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members