Things I have discovered about the car.

May 18, 2021
Hi Everyone!
Got my VZ2 a few days ago. Great car, I'm really falling in love with it. And the 1000 miles run-in is just like a nice hot girl which playing hard to get, doesn't let us touch, only after a month lol.

I have a few questions I didn't find the answers for on the Owner's Manual.
Can someone help?

1- Is there a way of switching the Gear into Tiptronic Manual mode without having to press either shift pedal? is there a gear lever position or something like that?
2- I want the main lights to be constantly On while driving. The "Auto" function turns on the rear lights only when it's dark. I truly believe having all the lights switched on is always safer. I've noticed that the Auto mode is restarting again every time. Is there a way of making the light working constantly?
3- The virtual cockpit is really nice. Lot's of information. But unfortunately I can't organize it exactly as I need. I would like some information which is only available on the left side, to be on the right side (mainly the temperature gauges). On the right side (inside the odometer) I can only see the Radio, Bluetooth connectivity, and maybe something else. Non useful for me at all. While on the left (inside the rev counter) there's lot's of interesting information. Any Idea?

Thanks guys!!

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Hi Everyone!
Got my VZ2 a few days ago. Great car, I'm really falling in love with it. And the 1000 miles run-in is just like a nice hot girl which playing hard to get, doesn't let us touch, only after a month lol.

Can someone help?

1- Is there a way of switching the Gear into Tiptronic Manual mode without having to press either shift pedal? is there a gear lever position or something like that?
2- I want the main lights to be constantly On while driving. The "Auto" function turns on the rear lights only when it's dark. I truly believe having all the lights switched on is always safer. I've noticed that the Auto mode is restarting again every time. Is there a way of making the light working constantly?
3- The virtual cockpit is really nice. Lot's of information. But unfortunately I can't organize it exactly as I need. I would like some information which is only available on the left side, to be on the right side (mainly the temperature gauges). On the right side (inside the odometer) I can only see the Radio, Bluetooth connectivity, and maybe something else. Non useful for me at all. While on the left (inside the rev counter) there's lot's of interesting information. Any Idea?

Thanks guys!!

1) no unfortunately not, you can pull back both paddles simultaneously to switch to M without changing gear though.

2) not sure about that...

3) I agree it’s frustrating, unfortunately they have limited the amount of customisation - I find the right-hand side info pretty useless (I leave it on song info as the least-useless option!)...

Reactions: MrMinch

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Hi Everyone!

Can someone help?

Thanks guys!!
2. Just touch the lights button to cycle through your options. I think the first touch after auto puts your side lights and full beam on. I don't think you can set it so that when you turn the ignition on it does this automatically. I think you will have to put them on .annually everytime ( not really a hardship though).

Also I'm not sure what you mean about 'auto' just putting the rear lights on? Your front DRL's should be on no matter what. If you leave it in 'auto' it will put the side/ full beam lights on when it is needed for that environment based on the light sensor detecting whether Tour lights need to be on or not

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
2. Just touch the lights button to cycle through your options. I think the first touch after auto puts your side lights and full beam on. I don't think you can set it so that when you turn the ignition on it does this automatically. I think you will have to put them on .annually everytime ( not really a hardship though).

Also I'm not sure what you mean about 'auto' just putting the rear lights on? Your front DRL's should be on no matter what. If you leave it in 'auto' it will put the side/ full beam lights on when it is needed for that environment based on the light sensor detecting whether Tour lights need to be on or not

I understood it to mean auto only enables front DRLs in daylight, then rear and front headlights once darker. He wants rear and front lights to be on at all times.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Yeah it just takes touching the settings once so then you have the 2 greens symbols illuminated. I don't think you can programme it so when you turn the ignition on your front and rear lights come on fully. Obviously if you get in your car at night and turn the ignition on your full front and rear lights will illuminate. But to have this during day light it is the case of pressing the button

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Don't the rear lights come on with the front DRLs? They certainly do on the Leon.
I don't think this is right for the Leon either. I own one and it is one thing that annoyed me. In the Leon you can code it in (OBDEleven or similar) but for Formentor it is not possible until they crack the protection.

Maybe it depends on the region (I've heard rear LED light on during the day called "scandinavian DRL") or they changed it after the redesign of the Leon.

May 18, 2021
I understood it to mean auto only enables front DRLs in daylight, then rear and front headlights once darker. He wants rear and front lights to be on at all times.
Thanks for your replys.

1- If pressing both shift pedals simultaneously transfers the gear into manual mode, that's great. Because it means we can change to Manual mode without actually changing any gears.
3- I understand turning the main beams On, instead of Auto (for the rear lights to come on during day time), is only one touch. But one press every time, results in a few thousand of presses over the years. Also, I live in a hot and humid country, so I really don't like the engine to stop every junction. Which means I have to deselect this function ever time as well. I want to drive the car, not to take off in an airplane :)

Anyway, don't get me wrong, the reason I ask these thin6is because I'm in love with the car. Would never have asked these if I had a Kia.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Thanks for your replys.

1- If pressing both shift pedals simultaneously transfers the gear into manual mode, that's great. Because it means we can change to Manual mode without actually changing any gears.
3- I understand turning the main beams On, instead of Auto (for the rear lights to come on during day time), is only one touch. But one press every time, results in a few thousand of presses over the years. Also, I live in a hot and humid country, so I really don't like the engine to stop every junction. Which means I have to deselect this function ever time as well. I want to drive the car, not to take off in an airplane :)

Anyway, don't get me wrong, the reason I ask these thin6is because I'm in love with the car. Would never have asked these if I had a Kia.

Once it is done, you will probably be able to code these things.

May 18, 2021

Once it is done, you will probably be able to code these things.
Hi Peyton. Thanks. A very good idea. Never tried these code things. Do you think it will be possible to tweak the driving modes as well? I mean, changing Comfort Mode to have a Cupra steering for example? I wish we had a few Individual driving modes, not just one. I love being precise 🤪

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I don't think this is right for the Leon either. I own one and it is one thing that annoyed me. In the Leon you can code it in (OBDEleven or similar) but for Formentor it is not possible until they crack the protection.

Maybe it depends on the region (I've heard rear LED light on during the day called "scandinavian DRL") or they changed it after the redesign of the Leon.
Strange. Our 2018 Leon ST doesn't have auto lights, but the DRLs (on with engine running) are definitely both front and rear

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I want to drive the car, not to take off in an airplane :)
Unfortunately, it's exactly like preparing for take off. I get in Formentor, wait for infotainment to start properly, so I can go to Car settings and switch off all the things that annoy me. And it's like this every time.

And with my other car, I just get in it and drive off.

Reactions: Wattser

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Unfortunately, it's exactly like preparing for take off. I get in Formentor, wait for infotainment to start properly, so I can go to Car settings and switch off all the things that annoy me. And it's like this every time.

And with my other car, I just get in it and drive off.
that sounds like a ball ache to me .....im starting to have second thoughts about this formentor.........i want to get in press the start button and go ..........i think i may miss my beemer....i will see what i think after i have a couple of hours in one on friday.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
that sounds like a ball ache to me .....im starting to have second thoughts about this formentor.........i want to get in press the start button and go ..........i think i may miss my beemer....i will see what i think after i have a couple of hours in one on friday.
I think the majority of people keep the systems on. You can get in press the start button and go, I do this everyday. It's not like you have to prep it to go to the corner shops. Agree it would probably be handy to have the option to save the likes of turning off start/stop, travel assist, lane assist etc ( if you don't want these options) but In this day and age with safety regs I'm guessing most cars revert back to having these safety systems on when you start the car.

Reactions: Baldiesimo

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
It would be a lot easier just to get used to these features, as they’re here to stay and will at some point not even be switchable in future vehicles...

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
It would be a lot easier just to get used to these features, as they’re here to stay and will at some point not even be switchable in future vehicles...
i know what your saying and i am sure your correct ,but i like choice and i believe we should have options. :p

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
i know what your saying and i am sure your correct ,but i like choice and i believe we should have options. :p
WLTP looks to have killed most of that pal. I believe that’s the reason cars now default back to their “most economical” settings and don’t hold things like drive mode, start stop off when the car is turned off. 🤷🏻‍♂️ So either coding (which I also believe WLTP is why VAG has made it more difficult to modify) when it’s possible, or get pressing those buttons. “Cabin crew seats please, ready for take off” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.