Things I have discovered about the car.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Great little write up, really good to read. I live top end of Ashton, near Mossley, Snake and Woodhead all very local to me and I will be out in my VZ2 as soon as it arrives later this year. You’ve probably detailed this elsewhere, but may I ask which roof bars you have for the car as I’ll be putting bikes on mine. 👍🏼
Lucky you living near those roads and scenery! No problem re: roof bars, try this link to the Thule website if you want to buy new : https://www.thule.com/en-gb/buyers-guide?c=roof+racks&q=sfFxFfCjH
I'm tight so got the 961 one's secondhand from ebay for £60 and they fit perfectly, just make sure you get the 118cm ones. I had some bars I thought would fit, checked the front one and thought all was good, hadn't appreciated that the rails are not parallel and narrow as you go back along the car. So when I went to fit them I couldn't slide the fixings close enough to attach to the rails on the rear bar, due to the cutouts underneath being too far apart. Cue urgent search online, luckily somebody close by was selling phew. For the rail fixing you'll need the 7104 Evo Raised Rail Footpack, again I got this second hand so do an ebay search and you'll find them.

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
Lucky you living near those roads and scenery! No problem re: roof bars, try this link to the Thule website if you want to buy new : https://www.thule.com/en-gb/buyers-guide?c=roof+racks&q=sfFxFfCjH
I'm tight so got the 961 one's secondhand from ebay for £60 and they fit perfectly, just make sure you get the 118cm ones. I had some bars I thought would fit, checked the front one and thought all was good, hadn't appreciated that the rails are not parallel and narrow as you go back along the car. So when I went to fit them I couldn't slide the fixings close enough to attach to the rails on the rear bar, due to the cutouts underneath being too far apart. Cue urgent search online, luckily somebody close by was selling phew. For the rail fixing you'll need the 7104 Evo Raised Rail Footpack, again I got this second hand so do an ebay search and you'll find them.
I know, very blessed. A long time ago now, I had a Clio 16v, the original one with bonnet scoop and flared arches. That was an absolute animal on those roads, before average cameras on Woodhead. 👍🏼👍🏼🤣
Have watched a sunrise from Mam Tor recently too, spectacular. Appreciate the roof bar intel, good call on the bar length too, I had noticed how much the roof bars taper in from a style perspective, but hadn’t considered the roof bar connotations 🤦🏻‍♂️ So you’ve just saved me some embarrassment further down the line.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Yeap, was on my lonesome. Car was awesome on Snake Pass, Sheffield too Glossop, power and grip mighty impressive. Overtaking ability is silly. I have to say with DCC set to firm the car felt more controlled than my 7.5 Golf R (no DCC on that). Had it in Individual mode, but wasn't hearing pops and bags with engine sound set to Comfort. Thought this just set the Soundaktor in the car, but must also control the exhaust valves too. Had to stop and take a photo of course. View attachment 24428
Your VZ2 looks stunning! I’m hoping to collect mine on Thursday🤞What size roof bars and which foot pack are you using as I need to order a set for a holiday end of this month?

CupraPoopra

Mar 15, 2021
Yeap, was on my lonesome. Car was awesome on Snake Pass, Sheffield too Glossop, power and grip mighty impressive. Overtaking ability is silly. I have to say with DCC set to firm the car felt more controlled than my 7.5 Golf R (no DCC on that). Had it in Individual mode, but wasn't hearing pops and bags with engine sound set to Comfort. Thought this just set the Soundaktor in the car, but must also control the exhaust valves too. Had to stop and take a photo of course. View attachment 24428
Looks great. Are you Sheffield based? If so, I keep passing one in an evening around the Whirlow area.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Your VZ2 looks stunning! I’m hoping to collect mine on Thursday🤞What size roof bars and which foot pack are you using as I need to order a set for a holiday end of this month?
Scroll up and the info's there, a couple of posts up in reply to Cupradev 👆👍

Reactions: IanH72
May 2, 2021
Don’t let the Mrs put car park tickets on the dash, they disappear down there between the plastic and the glass .
£4 that cost ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: Stonepope

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Don’t let the Mrs put car park tickets on the dash, they disappear down there between the plastic and the glass .
£4 that cost ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a fear of mine, I hate that things can be lost down car windscreen/dash void

I always display tickets on the other side of the dash, below the ledge.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
This is my first automatic car so having to get used to the driving style, I have found out that when driving in manual mode you can hold the right paddle to put it back in auto mode and if you hold the left paddle gear bot swaps straight to the lowest possible gear. I find the button on the end of the indicator stork useful to turn of lane assist etc...

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
The paddles are terribly positioned for “manual“ driving.
I can understand aesthetically why manufacturers want to tuck them in, but they dont serve well for a spirited B road blast with a lot of steering and gear change required at the same time.
Maybe my hands are too small, but paddle extenders could be required.

Reactions: Wattser

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
I agree. Funnily enough the Mitsubishi PHEV courtesy car I currently have has enormous column-mounted paddles, just like a super car, and yet their only purpose is to change the level of regenerative braking!

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
This is my first automatic car so having to get used to the driving style, I have found out that when driving in manual mode you can hold the right paddle to put it back in auto mode and if you hold the left paddle gear bot swaps straight to the lowest possible gear. I find the button on the end of the indicator stork useful to turn of lane assist etc...
But when you use that stork to change Lane Assist settings, it also changes dash view. So I avoid using it, so I don't have to click couple of times, to get back to my dash view.

I put start/stop and lane assist on the main screen, if I ever want to switch them on/off while driving.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Set seat in memory function today for first time, really easy to do just get in the position them press set and a number, you wil hear a noise. Then if the seat ever moves you just hold the number down that you selected and it puts it in that position

Reactions: Yaz2010

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Set seat in memory function today for first time, really easy to do just get in the position them press set and a number, you wil hear a noise. Then if the seat ever moves you just hold the number down that you selected and it puts it in that position
If you link it to your driver profile, it will also reset with the key - very useful when I'm 6' and the missus is 4'11"!!

Reactions: Peyton

MrBowser

May 2, 2021
Finally got my Cupra!!
A question guys; there is a function where side mirrors will drop down while driving backwards, it doens't work in my Cupra, does it in yours?
Also, is there a way to stream a video on the display in car?

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Finally got my Cupra!!
A question guys; there is a function where side mirrors will drop down while driving backwards, it doens't work in my Cupra, does it in yours?
Also, is there a way to stream a video on the display in car?

View attachment 24563 View attachment 24564 View attachment 24565
Very nice. Re the mirror for reversing, check out the manual as you'll need to set it up, plus you'll need to 'select' the nearside mirror on the door switch for the reverse dipping to be active. Enjoy and Welcome to the Tribe!!!

MrBowser

May 2, 2021
Very nice. Re the mirror for reversing, check out the manual as you'll need to set it up, plus you'll need to 'select' the nearside mirror on the door switch for the reverse dipping to be active. Enjoy and Welcome to the Tribe!!!
Will look into it. Thanks!!!

MrBowser

May 2, 2021
I can only see the passenger mirror setup in the manual, guess the left mirror is not possible?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members