Patiently waiting - microchip shortage

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Just registered my car with Motorway and Wizzle.
See if anyone can beat the WBAC offer……..

salmo

Apr 20, 2021
Surpised there's not more talk about the impact of the chip shortage! Martorell is working "hand to mouth":
https://www.ft.com/content/de519d34-c1cc-4c5d-9547-7af2b268a541

Anyone else patiently waiting like myself for a build date? Perhaps more patiently than me :p is anyone following this story day by day for updates like me?

(I ordered April 23rd via lease broker, although the actual car was already on order with a dealer before I took the slot)

I was told to expect July then August, but with no build date as yet it could be much longer I fear

Also interested to know how long the most recently delivered vehicles took from order to delivery?
I ordered 8th March , factory build, not had a build date yet, fortunately I can keep on with my Cupra Leon for a while .

Apr 17, 2021
fortunately my Leon Cupra seems to be gaining valve while I wait
Yeah I think the second market is exploding a little bit just now probably due to the lack of new cars coming in.

I have a top spec '18 Civic Diesel which seems to be gaining in value every month. A few months ago I was concerned that because it was a diesel I would have to put money in to get rid of it but with a little bit of luck I might actually make enough after settlement to pay the initial rental!

Just hope the Formentor shows up before June next year when it is due to go back!!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

salmo

Apr 20, 2021
Yeah I think the second market is exploding a little bit just now probably due to the lack of new cars coming in.

I have a top spec '18 Civic Diesel which seems to be gaining in value every month. A few months ago I was concerned that because it was a diesel I would have to put money in to get rid of it but with a little bit of luck I might actually make enough after settlement to pay the initial rental!

Just hope the Formentor shows up before June next year when it is due to go back!!

Yes my Cupra Lux is 2019 low mileage, gone from £19k to £21k in last 3 months

Apr 17, 2021
Yes my Cupra Lux is 2019 low mileage, gone from £19k to £21k in last 3 months
Where is the best place to get a decent value for the car you think? I want to maximise it's value if possible. I fear the usual we buy any car etc may not be the best option.

I know there are a few car industry experts on here!

May 20, 2021
Where is the best place to get a decent value for the car you think? I want to maximise it's value if possible. I fear the usual we buy any car etc may not be the best option.

Hi, I was contacted by the dealership I bought my car from saying they'd pay £500 more than the value given on AutoTrader (Subject to appraisal which went fine).

Apr 17, 2021
Yeah..maybe a short term lease may be in order me thinks!

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021

Don’t dismiss WBAC - they are offering strong money at the moment and as long as you have given them an honest appraisal of your car won’t knock it down too much.
I sold with them recently and it was spot on.
Would definitely use again.

I’m also trying Wizzle and Motorway (who post your car online and open up to offers from dealers).
Will see how it goes.

Last edited:

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
Don’t dismiss WBAC - they are offering strong money at the moment and as long as you have given them an honest appraisal of your car won’t knock it down too much.
I sold with them recently and it was spot on.
Would definitely use again.

I’m also trying Wizzle and Motorway (who post your car online and open up to offers from dealers).
Will see how it goes.
I agree, my valuation has gone up £1000 on WBAC over five weeks. I’ll be interested to see how you go on Wizzle.

CupraD11

Apr 19, 2021
You can resign from pano roof and talk to the dealer to see if they can find you stock car. There's at least 50 cars on Autotrader, so there must be some in stock.
I spoke to my dealer today. He only had V1s available, no other spec lines at all. everything else has been a factory order since mine, and hasn't even been able to order in demo Formentors. He said if I resign the pano roof I might be able to take another spot that's been left open on another build but with the demand atm, that's quite unlikely.

If I don't have a build date by mid June, I'm going to assess my options.

Brady93

Jan 28, 2014
Worcestershire
I ordered mine mid March, VZ3 with Pano roof so it had to be a factory build. Dealer is still expecting delivery at the end of June. I can't say I'm not a little wary of that timeline, but I'll keep my optimistic head on for sure!

Reactions: Cuprakash

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
There’s loads available at dealers.
Dealer offered me £36k for my VZ Edition, which is slightly less than WBAC.
I doubt anyone out there is going to buy one of these cars with cash so there’s little point trying a private sale I’d think.
Dealer has upped their offer a bit so my car is going.
Hope you all get on well with yours and that those with issues have more patience / perseverance than I do and get them resolved.
Good looking, quick cars, but very much let down by over-intrusive driving aids and a system that cant handle what’s going through it.
Lesson learned I think!

Reactions: Peyton and mm8718

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
Dealer has upped their offer a bit so my car is going.
Hope you all get on well with yours and that those with issues have more patience / perseverance than I do and get them resolved.
Good looking, quick cars, but very much let down by over-intrusive driving aids and a system that cant handle what’s going through it.
Lesson learned I think!
Sorry to hear that mate but totally understand. Out of interest, what are you getting to replace it?

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Let us know what you getting to replace it.
I’m actually going to replace it with two cars, and a somewhat slower pace…….the first has already been secured:

193B46EB-0B53-4B29-9929-3A369D95259C.jpeg

the other will follow soon - new Captur - back to my Renault roots (albeit I’m used to Renaultsport).
Must be getting old…….

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.