OBDEleven Formentor - See below for working ones

Tell

Staff member
a few years ago there was a great cheat to get points for free ,does not work now though... ;)
Oh I give one everyday when I open the app whether I want them or not... where I joke I want to cash them in like Green Shield stamps.... you have to be of a certain age. Got a triple O gauge with the latter 😅. (n gauge for those in the know)

• Haha
Reactions: ninja_geezer

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Oh I give one everyday when I open the app whether I want them or not... where I joke I want to cash them in like Green Shield stamps.... you have to be of a certain age. Got a triple O gauge with the latter 😅. (n gauge for those in the know)
i can defo remember the green shield stamps ...... ;)

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Me too; the business eventually evolved into today's Argos.
That's correct and I've still got my Lone Star 000 electric toy train set (stored I might add). Ohio diesel motor units. Like the starter kit free with Green Shield stamps. Did expand it with the steam engine etc.

Will have to moderate myself soon... it is Xmas thou 😍.

• Haha

roh33l

Apr 26, 2021
Is it possible to turn the coast to coast lights on permanently with OBDEleven ?

roh33l

Apr 26, 2021
daft question what are coast to coast lights ?
Its just the rear LED taillight bar. Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand as standard the full rear LED will only illuminate end to end when the main headlights are also switched on / when the car is locked/unlocked. Otherwise if its just the DRLs on then the rear taillight LED is switched off. Was asking if its possible to use OBDEleven to force the rear light bar to be always on (so you can have the rear LED illuminated even during the day with just DRLs on).

Alex_gregory_uk

Magnetic Tech Grey Cupra Formentor V2 Manual
Mar 14, 2015
York
Its just the rear LED taillight bar. Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand as standard the full rear LED will only illuminate end to end when the main headlights are also switched on / when the car is locked/unlocked. Otherwise if its just the DRLs on then the rear taillight LED is switched off. Was asking if its possible to use OBDEleven to force the rear light bar to be always on (so you can have the rear LED illuminated even during the day with just DRLs on).
It is possible and I've enabled it using OBDEleven. Rear light bar is on all the time now. It's called Scandanavian DRL in OBDEleven.

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Arh a posh name for the REAR DRL like what i tested and undid the changes ,it works fine.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I reverted some changes today, before car is collected by BCA. Finally found Soundactuator on a list and switched it on back and also connected physical cable to it. Tried "Overtaking right prevention" again, but no luck. I asked OBD to close my ticket, so will never know why it doesn't work any more.

Tell

Staff member
I reverted some changes today, before car is collected by BCA. Finally found Soundactuator on a list and switched it on back and also connected physical cable to it. Tried "Overtaking right prevention" again, but no luck. I asked OBD to close my ticket, so will never know why it doesn't work any more.
Think we are leaving Ninja to take that forward to test doing it and undoing it. I guess something got corrupted. Also a Leon 4 mod.

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Think we are leaving Ninja to take that forward to test doing it and undoing it. I guess something got corrupted. Also a Leon 4 mod.
my car went in today ,as soon as they sort it I will try it out as the the idea is stupid ,,,i was on a motorway today ACC on and sure enough it would not overtake a tanker in the slow lane f-----ing thing is garbage. even the dealer said they have had a massive amount of complaints and cupra are looking into it.
oddly enough the 21 plate Leon I have as a curtesy car came back down the same road and overtook just fine !!

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
my car went in today ,as soon as they sort it I will try it out as the the idea is stupid ,,,i was on a motorway today ACC on and sure enough it would not overtake a tanker in the slow lane f-----ing thing is garbage. even the dealer said they have had a massive amount of complaints and cupra are looking into it.
oddly enough the 21 plate Leon I have as a curtesy car came back down the same road and overtook just fine !!
That makes two of us, mines in for ACC and infotainment gremlins, safety sensor gremlins and digital dash changing view randomly. Has been all good until this week :mad::banghead:

Tell

Staff member
That makes two of us, mines in for ACC and infotainment gremlins, safety sensor gremlins and digital dash changing view randomly. Has been all good until this week :mad::banghead:
Weird one the kph / MPH, LHD / RHD switching round and discussion that it's related to geographical position and TSR. My theory was the maps were not prepared correctly and TSR reading a sign bumped it to correct itself. No takers on my experimental design of masking up the TSR camera (lane assist V camera) to see whether that did have an input.... 😉

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Arh also forgot to add i had driven about 25 miles was on a dual carriageway quite foggy with ACC on (quiet road) when the dash lit up like a christmas tree,and a message saying ACC sensor Error , i could not clear whilst driving tried a few things and after about 5 mins it just went and the ACC worked again,
mentioned to dealers when i got there and he said it was the weather !!! WTF so a car what does not work with a bit of fog now ....:rolleyes:

Reactions: jcbmally and Tell

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
thats
It was foggy on the way to work this morning and my car told me 2 or 3 times that the windscreen was impacted and certain things weren’t available. Each time a few minutes later they came back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not good .....i asked my car to warm my feet after 30 mins in the car it said it was not possible as the windscreen may fog ? not sure why ,maybe it goes on outside temps.

Tell

Staff member
thats

not good .....i asked my car to warm my feet after 30 mins in the car it said it was not possible as the windscreen may fog ? not sure why ,maybe it goes on outside temps.
That's a new one... may fog. Probably an Obdeleven mod for that 😉.

The platforms seems a bit over exuberant with error message (understatement). Restricted front assist which which is used by AAC, on prior models would just show you a small icon and the error could be found on the infotainment screen - no big announcements. Would dry out and vanish.

Probably using humidity sensor and something to say it's not going to warm your feet due to windscreen fogging. Also keep mine on auto in the Ateca unless it's on full blast demisting. Its a heated windscreen so doesnt happen. Too much like a chatty car 🤣.

All about dew points and condensation here on windscreens:

Probably running it's own little weather station in the car to stop you doing no wrong.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Well it definitely worked for me, turned it off when I got the OBD unit a few months ago. Absolutely no problems with overtaking with ACC since then. I think you've been unlucky with your car, I got mine back in March same time as you (I think) and as I've also never had a problem with the Lane Assist taking over the steering, I've always had to select it rather than it being on by default. Seems yours was set up incorrectly, in some countries it comes on as default when turning on the ignition. From what I can make out this isn't the case in the UK, shame it wasn't resolved by now and you've had to get rid.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.