OBDEleven Formentor - See below for working ones

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Do we know if the brilliant OBDeleven works on the formentor ?
i have on and have used it on my own car and friends and family .
i used it to code all sorts of things from disabling start stop to changing lights and clearing fault codes.

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
i used it to code all sorts of things from disabling start stop to changing lights and clearing fault codes.
I think initially the new MQB platform for Golf 8, Octavia 4 Formentor etc has security keys that are required before coding can work. But that may have been worked around by now🤷🏻‍♂️

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

In a nutshell No

The only thing currently that can be coded is the Soundaktor.

All modules that you’d want to make changes in are locked from OBD usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ninja_geezer

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
In a nutshell No

thats a bummer i wonder if there will be an update for the OBD11 to allow this in the near future

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
thats a bummer i wonder if there will be an update for the OBD11 to allow this in the near future
just found this on the OBD11 site.

However if you have the Formentor then be aware this vehicle is protected by VW SFD Protection so there will not be much that can be done till OBD11 / VW build an interface to support it and I would not expect that till April this year at the earliest (but hopefully sooner)

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
on reading more from obd11 it will be late this year before it is ready ,shame but at least i dont get my car until october.

VocalHusky

Apr 28, 2021
on reading more from obd11 it will be late this year before it is ready ,shame but at least i dont get my car until october.
Pretty much this, and I found out the hard way. The car runs fine - it's just some convenience things I'd like to "liberate" :D
It's a long wait but the wait for the car will feel even longer. Maybe the devs will come up with something sooner - you never know

Reactions: ninja_geezer

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
ive subscribed to the newsletter from them so hopefully it wont be to long for you guys who already have your cars.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I went through a list of modifications listed on OBD Eleven forum for Leon MK4 and did some changes to my car. Below what worked and what didn't work.

1/ Deactivate overtaking right prevention - Thanks to zelue1995

- Select Control Unit 13
- Select Long Coding (0)
- Select overtaking_right_prevention
- Change from activated to Deactivated

That worked and I don't see cars on the left or right and Formentor doesn't slow down any more. That made huge differece.

Screenshot_20210804-072221_OBDeleven.jpg

2/ Lane Assist Point Of Intervention: thanks to tommy95
- Select Module A5 (Driver Assistance) ->
- Select Long Coding ->
- Select Point Of Intervention ->
- Set To Early

Didn't touch it, since I always switch off Lane Assist anyway and used another code to do it permanently now.

3/ Lane Assist Warnings: thanks to tommy95
- Select Module A5 (Driver Assistance)
- Select Long Coding
- Select Lane Assist Off Text
- Change to Set To Disabled

That worked, I think it also disabled other warning icons on my dash, because I don't have christmas tree any more, when I disable other systems. Or maybe something else disabled warning icons, not sure. Update, still christmas tree when switching off other systems. But no icon showing that lane assist is off, so that works.

Screenshot_20210804-072237_OBDeleven.jpg

4/ Lane Assist Settings: thanks to tommy95
- Select Long Coding ->
- Select Configuration For Lane Departure Warning K15 ->
- Set To Last Setting

That worked. My lane assist was off next time, when I switched on the car, even though I didn't switch lane assist off last time.

Screenshot_20210804-072253_OBDeleven.jpg

4a/ Lane assist systems is a bit annoying that once it is turned off in maxidot menu - assistance systems, it turns back on upon cycling a key.

Thanks to tell @ www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/obd-modifications.463977/#post-4961854

However this is the coding that prevents this from happening:
-> Control Unit A5 - Driver Assistance
-> select Long coding
-> Select option 0
-> change setting Perso_HC from Activated to Last_settin

There's not Perso_HC setting in Formentor, I couldn't find it. But number 4 solved that issue anyway.

5/ Deactivate Stop Start

Disabling Stop Start thanks to Phipilipipp on the seat-leon.de forum
I have seen that some users have problems with this coding on MK3 but It has been confirmed that it works fine on MK4.

- Select Control Unit 08 (Air Conditioning)
- Select Adaptation
- Select Deactivation of Start Stop Function

Value change was accepted, but start/stop came back on next restart. So doesn't work.

Screenshot_20210804-072302_OBDeleven.jpg

Some other codes from the link above which I used and tested. Not really needed, just cosmetic changes.

4/ Remaining Fuel Quantity thanks to massimo23

1 - Select Control Unit 17 - Instrument panel (Dashboard)
2 - Select Long Coding
3 - Adjust Volume to be replenished: Set to Yes if you want to see it. If you have it and don't want it then change to No

That worked and now I can see in left scrolling panel how many l to refuel, quite like it.

Screenshot_20210804-072311_OBDeleven.jpg

20210804_075519.jpg

I didn't try Control Unit 8 coding, as I didn't see any of that needed or useful.
Control Unit 9 is blocked, so didn't try it either.

Control Unit 17

Seat belt warning off/changed

Control Unit 17 - Long Coding - Text Version (0) -
Select Seat belt warning - Default is Version 1 (European) you can change it to Version 2 (US) or Off

thanks to massimo23 forum.obdeleven.com/post/49811

Didn't try, doesn't bother me.

Offroad View in the Dashboard: thanks to massimo23

this is from golf8 so may be different setup on Leon

In 17-Dashboard
go to Adaptions.
Set Offroad to Display
Go to View Activation
Change the setting in View_10 to active.
You should see the following in the View cards.

That works, but view is different in Formentor. Not sure if it's going to be useful for anything.

Screenshot_20210804-072325_OBDeleven.jpg

Screenshot_20210804-072333_OBDeleven.jpg

20210804_075534.jpg

Control Unit 44 didn't try, don't see it as useful.

Switching off sound actuator.

Select Control unit A9 (Structure Borne Sound)
Select Adaptation
Select Volume of structure-borne noise actuator
Select % you want 0 to turn it off or reduced to lower sound.

Didn't try, already pulled the plug from the device.

I didn't try code mentioned here, it doesn't bother me that tailgate beeps, at the beginning yes, but maybe it will save someone's life at supermarket, when they walk too close to the boot.

What I could still code for the Formentor with electr. Tailgate to deactivate the "warning / beep" sound. This sounds originally on

1.) Open / close by pressing a button in the driver's door

2.) Open / close with a long press on FB

3.) Close with foot gesture control

STG 6D tailgate

Access authorization 12345

Adaptation

Channel ENG131232-MAS01911-equipment activate-tone generator

from active to inactive

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would be good, to be able to switch off start/stop, front collision and emergency braking at the back. Because even with Lane Assist switched off, I still have to switch off the other 2 manually and emergency braking is there when reversing.

Last edited:

Michael1a1

Oct 22, 2015
I went through a list of modifications listed on OBD Eleven forum for Leon MK4 and did some changes to my car. Below what worked and what didn't work.

- Select Control Unit 13
- Select Long Coding (0)

That worked and I don't see cars on the left or right and Formentor doesn't slow down any more. That made huge differece.

View attachment 26405

- Select Long Coding ->
- Set To Early

Didn't touch it, since I always switch off Lane Assist anyway and used another code to do it permanently now.

- Select Long Coding

That worked, I think it also disabled other warning icons on my dash, because I don't have christmas tree any more, when I disable other systems. Or maybe something else disabled warning icons, not sure.

View attachment 26406

- Select Long Coding ->
- Set To Last Setting

That worked. My lane assist was of next time when I switch on the car, even though I didn't switch it off last time.

View attachment 26407
4a/ Lane assist systems is a bit annoying that once it is turned off in maxidot menu - assistance systems, it turns back on upon cycling a key.

Thanks to tell @ www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/obd-modifications.463977/#post-4961854

-> select Long coding
-> Select option 0

There's not Perso_HC setting in Formentor, I couldn't find it. But number 4 solved that issue anyway.

5/ Deactivate Stop Start

I have seen that some users have problems with this coding on MK3 but It has been confirmed that it works fine on MK4.

- Select Adaptation

Value change was accepted, but start/stop came back on next restart. So doesn't work.

View attachment 26408

Some other codes from the link above which I used and tested. Not really needed, just cosmetic changes.

2 - Select Long Coding
3 - Adjust Volume to be replenished: Set to Yes if you want to see it. If you have it and don't want it then change to No

That worked and now I can see in left scrolling panel how many l to refuel, quite like it.

View attachment 26409

View attachment 26414

I didn't try Control Unit 8 coding, as I didn't see any of that needed or useful.

Control Unit 17

Select Seat belt warning - Default is Version 1 (European) you can change it to Version 2 (US) or Off

In 17-Dashboard
go to Adaptions.
Set Offroad to Display
Go to View Activation

That works, but view is different in Formentor. Not sure if it's going to be useful for anything.

View attachment 26411

View attachment 26412

View attachment 26415

Select Adaptation

I didn't try code mentioned here, it doesn't bother me that tailgate beeps, at the beginning yes, but maybe it will save someone's life at supermarket, when they walk too close to the boot.

What I could still code for the Formentor with electr. Tailgate to deactivate the "warning / beep" sound. This sounds originally on

STG 6D tailgate

Adaptation

from active to inactive

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would be good, to be able to switch off start/stop, front collision and emergency braking at the back. Because even with Lane Assist switched off, I still have to switch off the other 2 manually and emergency braking is there when reversing.

That's a great write up and thank you for being the guinea pig for trying these out!
Definetley some adjustments that i will be copying, i will try and give it a go tonight if i have chance so that i can confirm or not that it works on mine too

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member

- Select Control Unit 13
- Select Long Coding (0)

View attachment 26405

- Select Long Coding ->
- Set To Early

- Select Long Coding

That worked, I think it also disabled other warning icons on my dash, because I don't have christmas tree any more, when I disable other systems. Or maybe something else disabled warning icons, not sure.

View attachment 26406

- Select Long Coding ->
- Set To Last Setting

That worked. My lane assist was of next time when I switch on the car, even though I didn't switch it off last time.

View attachment 26407

-> select Long coding
-> Select option 0

5/ Deactivate Stop Start

- Select Adaptation

View attachment 26408

2 - Select Long Coding

View attachment 26409

View attachment 26414

Control Unit 17

In 17-Dashboard
go to Adaptions.
Set Offroad to Display
Go to View Activation

View attachment 26411

View attachment 26412

View attachment 26415

Select Adaptation

STG 6D tailgate

Adaptation

from active to inactive

You been a busy boy, it was in your bottom draw after all 😉. Pays to never throw anything away.

Feels like 4 is the equivalent perso one. Look on the long string parsed to text (0-1) to eyeball down for that parameter if not it's brought out on the one you mention. Perhaps in the 2020- it's become that.

As I posted on your getting rid of the Formentor thread the German Motor Talk Formentor coding specific thread has some interesting stuff in it on AAC additional option. "classic cruise control" that may be what you have achieved now, just means take off, under taking sensing. Big button talk following that on traffic assist. Worth eyeballing that if it has said big button. Might be other stuff of use there or will appear. There is a PDF on page 6 of the link below where the poster is trying to keep a running list.

It was trusty DV52 (Don) on one thread had doubted whether the AC aircon trick would work since it doesn't on a Golf 8 which is what the Formentor's relative is, ditto Leon 4. Others say it does work thou.

Perhaps it's a keeper now.(y)

Sister Leon 4 SeatCupra thread is here for reference:

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
In a nutshell No

As proved above not true :eek:.

SFD effects specific modules which are locked down, others aren't. Hence how Vag owners of 2020- publish the mods. The only diversion from usual VCDS mods is when you come to save the changes in a non SFD control unit, you must have the bonnet up.

Obdeleven manufacture hopes to have something working in the SFD control units 4th quarter.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I used USB Dongle I ordered yesterday, it came in the evening and I went straight to the car to test it.

I didn't go through German link yet, I think you posted it in the evening, so hadn't have a chance to look at it yet. Ok, read it. Nothing new in there. I already enabled Standard Cruise yesterday, but it didn't change anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
On your foliage issue, if toggling off blind spot stops it picking up random shrubs rather than random cars crossing behind, then it will be the rear radar. If it isn't the rear radar it will be full ultra sound. You can / should be able to turn off automatic park assist, in the park assist module. Do that with care. If ultrasound is stopping you from doing things then that would stop it automatically bursting into like. No foliage squawking thou, so not ideal. Think you should have a button to turn it on manually that way. But if ultrasound is hitting the brakes it won't do if you turn off automatic activation - downside you will hit things.

Think on this you want to identify whether it's the rear radar or ultrasound. Get your dealer to correct it if it's a fault. Perhaps the radar is getting confused if you have a walled in area when reversing or its seeing thru a fence at trafic. Just a thought. If it's that probably can't be corrected. Have to wait till the rear is peaking out of the drive.

Brady93

Jan 28, 2014
Worcestershire
I used USB Dongle I ordered yesterday, it came in the evening and I went straight to the car to test it.

I didn't go through German link yet, I think you posted it in the evening, so hadn't have a chance to look at it yet. Ok, read it. Nothing new in there. I already enabled Standard Cruise yesterday, but it didn't change anything.
Hi Agnes, could you link us the site and dongle that you bought for this? And the total cost of the dongle/pro software?

I have a suspicion I'll be following in your ACC footsteps very shortly!

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021

Can you share what devices you used? Do you need obdeleven pro?

Oops, just seen ditto post above!

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Dongle https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=obd+eleven I chose white one costing £49, because I only use Android, if you use iPhone, you have to choose more expensive Next Gen, one costing £74.99. Make sure you choose one sold by Amazon, otherwise delivery will take much longer. There are some used ones on Ebay if you can wait a bit.

Licence is here: https://obdeleven.com/en/home/164-pro-plan-0634359482967.html 24.99 euro. I created account on that website to buy licence and you have to create seperate account in the app and then add licence code to the app.

App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voltasit.obdeleven&hl=en_GB&gl=US or https://apps.apple.com/app/id1458334123

I can do changes for someone nearby, I'm in East Surrey and work near Heathrow (not every day), also traveling on weekends to different locations. It's 5 minute job to change basic settings.

We should thank @Tell who sent me this way.

Reactions: Stonepope and Tell

Terris

Aug 4, 2021
Hi
The 17 need access code . So it’s lock sfd for me . Did you ask code to make the change I think ?

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I think code is 20103, it was displayed in the app when I was changing some options. If it's different, I would have to go the car and try it again. Which change exactly are you trying to apply?

Terris

Aug 4, 2021
I try to make some codings . I work years with obd eleven . The program shows the default code but at formentor doesn’t. I try the 20103 but nop!!

Progressive Parts, performance parts and tuning specialists