OBDEleven Formentor - See below for working ones

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
As proved above not true :eek:.

SFD effects specific modules which are locked down, others aren't. Hence how Vag owners of 2020- publish the mods. The only diversion from usual VCDS mods is when you come to save the changes in a non SFD control unit, you must have the bonnet up.

Obdeleven manufacture hopes to have something working in the SFD control units 4th quarter.

It took a few months to be proved not true tbh.

Happy to be proved wrong in this instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
I try to make some codings . I work years with obd eleven . The program shows the default code but at formentor doesn’t. I try the 20103 but nop!!
Bonnet up during save.

See also

And

Reactions: Stonepope

Terris

Aug 4, 2021
Thanks for help ! The bonnet is up ! I have make few coding in others units . The 17 I think is closed . My car is June production and maybe it’s locked sfd

Tell

Staff member
Thanks for help ! The bonnet is up ! I have make few coding in others units . The 17 I think is closed . My car is June production and maybe it’s locked sfd
Assuming you got the right security code sharing the info screen shot of Obdeleven dashboard with someone who has it working may throw some light on any differences. Shows version etc.

Least we are now getting some good progress.

Reactions: Terris

Terris

Aug 4, 2021
10EF3D11-A7E9-4361-9945-B72B1A7997F8.png

If someone has the security code to try .

Tell

Staff member
& you did it with the engine running hood up ?... asked you about the hood up but not engine running.

It's also suppose to have an automated feature of finding these codes. Never tried it thou. Always login in with the published code, then mod, them save, it never asks for it again.

YouTube of automated search (I think):

Terris

Aug 4, 2021
all other coding I make in other units works and the code was there automatic . At 17 not. I try again tomorrow and with engine !

Tell

Staff member
all other coding I make in other units works and the code was there automatic . At 17 not. I try again tomorrow and with engine !
I see this was posted up on the Obdeleven Proboard

tip: in case you get the error when saving -> (31) function not available, change the mode to vw - diagnostic mode, and try again (even if you are already using this mode, just reselect it again)

Are you seeing 31 shown.... if so you could try above.... If after re testing it with the engine running, bonnet up. Think I have seen 31 in the past. But as said I login first in the control unit before making changes then that login gets saved.

The 31 fix might be a red herring thou.

Tell

Staff member
The fault code is 11.
& doing a scan before you mod is useful. Found I normally did that but when I forgot, I couldn't then change things.

See whether other people get this issue on control unit 17 now we know the firmware / hardware that it's on if no other solution is found. Could be that Obdeleven people have to take that one on board, may be rather than its definitely SFD in your latest control unit.

Terris

Aug 4, 2021
I search but the car is new to find similar problems . I think it’s bug from unit .

Tell

Staff member
I search but the car is new to find similar problems . I think it’s bug from unit .
Possible. Still we know that control unit works for others with the Formentor so may be specific to the firmware in the unit you have shown by the screen above (post 25). Needs people to check who have the car.

Other than that good progress in getting rid of some of the undesirable features which were upsetting some. May be when SVM is rolled out to Obdeleven the issue will go away.

The original white dongle or black dongle next Gen you have ?. Agnes is using the white with Android obviously since that's all the white one work with.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I assume, print screen above is from Apple app, because it looks different than my Android app and I'm not eve sure how to get similar info from the app/car.

Terris

Aug 4, 2021
I have the old white with android . The screenshot was from my iPhone . Always work with android because i have years the OBDeleven. First time find this problem .

Aug 5, 2021
Hi,
I have ordered a VZ 245 in Denmark, hopefully getting it this Monday.
I’m wondering if it is possible to code the OBD, to give a short honk on the horn when locking and unlocking the car? Just like a lot of cars does in America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk