Stijn's CUPRA Formentor modification journey

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Great stuff. Where did you get the gear shifters from and how much were they?

Brady93

Jan 28, 2014
Worcestershire
Looking forward to seeing what else you have lined up! Where abouts did you get the paddle extenders? Are they solid or do they twist when pulled from the top?

Stijn

May 8, 2021
Thanks 😊
Picking up the car tomorrow, exited to see the result!
The padles are found everywhere online, even on Aliexpress. Bought mine from an official VAG store, fits every recent model across the brands. And yeah they replace the rubber from the brake, the whole plastic footrest, and over the platic throttle. Last one is a bit of struggle tho

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I have no idea what you mean!? 😄
Is that a common problem with those engines?
Yeah probably more noticeable in our colder climate.

From cold the 1.5 TSI can be hesitant / stutter until it is warmed up, it is more pronounced in colder weather.

i was just wondering if a full fat remap helped the cold start out as should be injecting more fuel, as most suspect the stutter to be fuel starvation for emissions reasons.

apparently not all 1.5 TSI’s are affected. Or maybe they are and some owners don’t notice.

Last edited:

Stijn

May 8, 2021

From cold the 1.5 TSI can be hesitant / stutter until it is warmed up, it is more pronounced in colder weather.

i was just wondering if a full fat remap helped the cold start out as should be injecting more fuel, as most suspect the stutter to be fuel starvation for emissions reasons.

apparently not all 1.5 TSI’s are affected. Or maybe the all are and some owners don’t notice.

To be honest, mine is always sleeping in the garage. And it takes me about 10 seconds from start to drive, I never let it sit in idle.
But I'll have a closer listen next time 👍

I do know our 1.5 TSI engine is not the exact same as on other/older brands and models.

I'll ask my tuner next time I'm there, might be a standard upgrade they to.

May 2, 2021

apparently not all 1.5 TSI’s are affected. Or maybe the all are and some owners don’t notice.

We had a 1.5 Ateca which we rejected due to the blooming thing cutting out at the most inappropriate times, it was downright dangerous.
Supposed to be something to do with the cold weather and there was a fix for it at some point, don’t know if that ever happened or not. I know I wound t touch another one, no issues whatsoever with the 2.0. Been sound as a pound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stijn

May 8, 2021
Time to post about the recent work the car got!

• Rear windows (5) tinted in 5% film
  • Front side windows (2) tinted in 50% film
  • Sunbanner in 5% film
  • STEK PPF DynoShade on front and fog lights
  • LUXE Lightwrap on back and reflector lights
  • STEK PPF DynoShield on front bumper - doorseals - doorhandles - b/c pillars - gas lid - gear knob
  • STEK PPF DynoBlack Carbon Matte on side rear mirror caps
Next month, the whole windscreen is getting the new STEK DynoFlex for max protection! 💪

Also fitted my BlackVue 650S-2CH 👍

Tomorrow I'm heading to the dealer to replace the whole touchscreen, and a new update. Hope this will fix all bugs 🤞

Next big post?... New wheels! Should be coming in this week 🥰

IMG_20210531_211734.jpg IMG-20210522-WA0012.jpg IMG-20210522-WA0003.jpg IMG-20210522-WA0004.jpg IMG_20210528_184433.jpg IMG-20210522-WA0006.jpg IMG_20210528_184311.jpg IMG_20210528_184251.jpg IMG_20210528_184329.jpg

Reactions: jcbmally

ruivo

Jan 28, 2021
Looking awesome man.

Can you please post a picture with the tail lights on when you have a chance? Well done

Stijn

May 8, 2021
No, 20 😎 could have maybe gone for 21 but that would have made too much weel vs car

I'm very surprised with driving comfort! I was a bit scared it would get too hard, but I don't feel a difference in COMFORT mode between original 18 weels.
In SPORT mode, it got stressful on a daily drive, even with the original ones. So I configured the INDIVIDUAL mode to my liking 😉

Reactions: jcbmally

Renzo

Jun 16, 2021
Saw that you increase the power from 150HP to 207HP, which is high.
I will receive my 1.4 e-Hybrid soon and also want to increase the power. (not sure if a power win of 57HP is doable for the 1.4 e-Hybrid)
Which company did you went to? Was it in Belgium? or The Netherlands?
I'm from The Netherlands and know that JDEngineering and VAGTechniek are sone good company's........but also Mechellen is about 1h20mins drive for me., so doable.

MrBowser

May 2, 2021
Saw that you increase the power from 150HP to 207HP, which is high.
I will receive my 1.4 e-Hybrid soon and also want to increase the power. (not sure if a power win of 57HP is doable for the 1.4 e-Hybrid)
Which company did you went to? Was it in Belgium? or The Netherlands?
I'm from The Netherlands and know that JDEngineering and VAGTechniek are sone good company's........but also Mechellen is about 1h20mins drive for me., so doable.
Hey Renzo,

I have the 310hp Formentor and I also live in the Netherlands. I want to go to JDEngineering too for the Formentor.

Laat even weten waar jij heengaat en hoe het bevalt. Een ABT kastje erop is ook mogelijk voor mij. Twijfels twijfels twijfels.

Renzo

Jun 16, 2021
Hey Renzo,

I have the 310hp Formentor and I also live in the Netherlands. I want to go to JDEngineering too for the Formentor.

Laat even weten waar jij heengaat en hoe het bevalt. Een ABT kastje erop is ook mogelijk voor mij. Twijfels twijfels twijfels.
At the end I actually decided to not go for any tuning……and the 1.4 245hp hybrid version has more then enough power, so I will not spend any money on it.

Mar 30, 2022
Mooie auto hoor Stijn!
Ikzelf ben van het antwerpse en rijd met een cupra ateca.
Heb de wagen 2de hands gekocht en de vorige eigenaar heeft zich nogal weinig aangetrokken van de carrosserie...ben dus op zoek naar een bedrijf die de wagen terug krasvrij kan maken.
Ik las dat je daar werkt...zou je een offerte voor me kunnen laten maken?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G998B met Tapatalk

Stijn

May 8, 2021
Mooie auto hoor Stijn!
Ikzelf ben van het antwerpse en rijd met een cupra ateca.
Heb de wagen 2de hands gekocht en de vorige eigenaar heeft zich nogal weinig aangetrokken van de carrosserie...ben dus op zoek naar een bedrijf die de wagen terug krasvrij kan maken.
Ik las dat je daar werkt...zou je een offerte voor me kunnen laten maken?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G998B met Tapatalk

Hallo en merci! :)

We zijn gevestigd in Mechelen, neem maar eens een kijkje op www.was-co.be

Best wel eens langskomen zodat we de wagen kunnen inspecteren alvorens we een precieze offerte maken. Elke wagen en lak is verschillend, zeker als het om een 'gebruikte' gaat.

Grtz

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.