New to the Cupra family, Formentor VZ 310

May 11, 2022
Ro
Hello fellow forum members,

New to the Cupra family, but to to VAG products. In 2008 I had a low spec Golf 5 1.4 TSI, in 2014 switched to a decently optioned Audi A4 allroad 2.0 TFSI.
Recently bought a Formentor VZ 310, the car is amazing and it fits my needs 100%.

Almost went for a VZ5, but I didn't want 20inch rims with low(er) profile tires, nor did I want the carbon fiber elements on the bumpers, nor did I want the super sport (and manual) seats.
With a stage 1 and some bolt-ons, I can easily get the VZ310 to match the VZ5 power-wise ( some plans already in place for next spring).

Waited almost 1 year for delivery because I really wanted the 360 cam option, would not accept the car otherwise.
Except for the tow hitch and the blue leather, I got everything on it

Amazingly, if I drive it normally, it feels just like the Audi : Almost same size, same weight, same progressive steering, exactly the same wheel size ( 245/40 r19) and same ground clearance, basically same VAG way of dealing with things. ( I even have them both in the same color spec, black with grey cladding :D )

When I mash the throttle tho, oh boy! The DSG gearbox is amazing ( 15 years of owning manual cars only), very quick and smooth. The engine is the cherry on top, really good response and power ( as I said, will do a stage 1 from ABT and more next spring ). The adaptive dampers are also very very nice ( had normal dampers on the Audi, equivalent to the Comfort setting in the Cupra)

What I did to the car so far :

- Muted the soundaktuator via VAG COM ( the exhaust in cupra mode is more than enough)
- slapped on fresh set of Michelin PS 5 ( The car deserves proper sporty tires, not the touring tires it comes with from the factory)
- ordered gas struts for the bonnet ( inspiration from a post on this very forum)
- mounted 2cm spacers on all 4 corners
- wrapped the upper part of the rear bumper in black

I also ordered the spare tire + tools and surrounding cladding, even tho I know I can't fit the space saver spare on the front ( because of the Brembo brakes - but I can on the rear)

IUvEKzE9YC1_1Zlg0HISBMOrVId0UoS6_hVjzN8IKBY.jpg

Thanks for visiting this thread, have a good one mates! Cheers!

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Nice! I ordered just the same, same color, sunroof etc, but without the 360 and Brembo. Spare tire and Beats sound system come standard where I'm at. Expecting delivery mid June if not earlier. Already had on my mind wrapping (actually not the top part of the bumper as yours but now I will do it as it seems nicer) , only it will also include as well the wheel arches, and most importantly the front grill grey trim. Michelins 5S are great, but factory tires are also quite decent, so I will spend some time with them prior replacing them.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcbmally

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Welcome! Car looks great (y) .
Which bonnet gas struts did you go for? You know there're a few of us that have problems with them damaging the underside of the bonnet, albeit slightly. I'm still looking to fit some but I've been put off by the ones I tried.

Reactions: HorsTee
May 11, 2022
Ro
Welcome! Car looks great (y) .
Which bonnet gas struts did you go for? You know there're a few of us that have problems with them damaging the underside of the bonnet, albeit slightly. I'm still looking to fit some but I've been put off by the ones I tried.
Thank you!

I went with the JINGLING option based on the thread in which @oldgitdave posted pictures of his install. A couple days after ordering them, the thread has been updated with the bonnet damage issue. Will try to install them with the cylinder end attached to the strut tower, not the bonnet. If that doesn't work, I'll look for other alternatives.

Late edit : Oh lol I just noticed you ARE the Dave I'm talking about! My source of inspiration! Have a good one mate!

Reactions: oldgitdave

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Thank you!

I went with the JINGLING option based on the thread in which @oldgitdave posted pictures of his install. A couple days after ordering them, the thread has been updated with the bonnet damage issue. Will try to install them with the cylinder end attached to the strut tower, not the bonnet. If that doesn't work, I'll look for other alternatives.

Late edit : Oh lol I just noticed you ARE the Dave I'm talking about! My source of inspiration! Have a good one mate!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I'm so glad you noticed the updated thread. I'd hate for you to damage yours!
I put damning feedback against the Jingling ones on Amazon but Amazon haven't posted it yet. I wonder if the ever will?
Anyway, I hope everything goes OK with yours & have a good one yourself too (y).

Reactions: Delanor and HorsTee

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I'm so glad you noticed the updated thread. I'd hate for you to damage yours!
I put damning feedback against the Jingling ones on Amazon but Amazon haven't posted it yet. I wonder if the ever will?
Anyway, I hope everything goes OK with yours & have a good one yourself too (y).
Your one star review is up on Amazon Dave!

Reactions: oldgitdave

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hello fellow forum members,

New to the Cupra family, but to to VAG products. In 2008 I had a low spec Golf 5 1.4 TSI, in 2014 switched to a decently optioned Audi A4 allroad 2.0 TFSI.
Recently bought a Formentor VZ 310, the car is amazing and it fits my needs 100%.

Almost went for a VZ5, but I didn't want 20inch rims with low(er) profile tires, nor did I want the carbon fiber elements on the bumpers, nor did I want the super sport (and manual) seats.
With a stage 1 and some bolt-ons, I can easily get the VZ310 to match the VZ5 power-wise ( some plans already in place for next spring).

Waited almost 1 year for delivery because I really wanted the 360 cam option, would not accept the car otherwise.
Except for the tow hitch and the blue leather, I got everything on it

Amazingly, if I drive it normally, it feels just like the Audi : Almost same size, same weight, same progressive steering, exactly the same wheel size ( 245/40 r19) and same ground clearance, basically same VAG way of dealing with things. ( I even have them both in the same color spec, black with grey cladding :D )

When I mash the throttle tho, oh boy! The DSG gearbox is amazing ( 15 years of owning manual cars only), very quick and smooth. The engine is the cherry on top, really good response and power ( as I said, will do a stage 1 from ABT and more next spring ). The adaptive dampers are also very very nice ( had normal dampers on the Audi, equivalent to the Comfort setting in the Cupra)

What I did to the car so far :

- Muted the soundaktuator via VAG COM ( the exhaust in cupra mode is more than enough)
- slapped on fresh set of Michelin PS 5 ( The car deserves proper sporty tires, not the touring tires it comes with from the factory)
- ordered gas struts for the bonnet ( inspiration from a post on this very forum)
- mounted 2cm spacers on all 4 corners
- wrapped the upper part of the rear bumper in black

I also ordered the spare tire + tools and surrounding cladding, even tho I know I can't fit the space saver spare on the front ( because of the Brembo brakes - but I can on the rear)

IUvEKzE9YC1_1Zlg0HISBMOrVId0UoS6_hVjzN8IKBY.jpg

Thanks for visiting this thread, have a good one mates! Cheers!
Welcome, love what you done to the bumper, looks ace.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.