Autoglym Rapid Ceramic

MDBB152

Apr 29, 2022
Has anybody used this? bought some in the Amazon Prime sales for about a tenner and thought I’d give it a go,
obviously when it cools down a bit

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’ve never used a ceramic coating product so don’t have any experience of Autoglym‘s Rapid Ceramic product. Details on Autoglym’s website state that it gives about three months protection which IMHO doesn’t sound that great In terms of durability, but maybe if give a really good gloss finish to compensate for relatively poor durability. At around a tenner, it’s certainly worth a punt though to see what it’s like and it’s always nice to try a new product.

I’m still a traditionalist as far as car paintwork protection products are concerned. Collinite 845 Insulator Wax is my ‘go to‘ product of choice. It’s a no frills, no nonsense wax and is the liquid form of Collinite 476s paste wax. IMHO it gives very good durability and price-wise it‘s good value too (can be bought for around £16) and a bottle lasts for ages (e.g. I bought my first bottle 11 years ago and I’m only about 1/4 of the way through the second bottle). It’s easy to apply and buff off and when applied to decontaminated paintwork I’ve found it gives a good six months or longer protection before it’s necessary to re-apply. I’d recommend it 👍 🙂.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I’ve never used a ceramic coating product so don’t have any experience of Autoglym‘s Rapid Ceramic product. Details on Autoglym’s website state that it gives about three months protection which IMHO doesn’t sound that great In terms of durability, but maybe if give a really good gloss finish to compensate for relatively poor durability. At around a tenner, it’s certainly worth a punt though to see what it’s like and it’s always nice to try a new product.

I’m still a traditionalist as far as car paintwork protection products are concerned. Collinite 845 Insulator Wax is my ‘go to‘ product of choice. It’s a no frills, no nonsense wax and is the liquid form of Collinite 476s paste wax. IMHO it gives very good durability and price-wise it‘s good value too (can be bought for around £16) and a bottle lasts for ages (e.g. I bought my first bottle 11 years ago and I’m only about 1/4 of the way through the second bottle). It’s easy to apply and buff off and when applied to decontaminated paintwork I’ve found it gives a good six months or longer protection before it’s necessary to re-apply. I’d recommend it 👍 🙂.
I still use 476S

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
I'd ignore the word 'Ceramic' for a start. All these 'Ceramic' sprays are just Si02 products, but that's not a bad thing. Just don't expect anything even close to a ceramic level of performance. They'll give you some nice beading but nothing you can't get from other products.

You'd probably get a few months worth of "Protection" from it, personally I steer away from stuff like this and use a good wax, before I ceramic coated my car I used Gyeon Q2 Wax and it was surprisingly good, could get through a tough winter with bi-weekly washes and topped up with Bilt Hamber Touch-On.
If you want a good spray on product, Gyeon Wet Coat is very good, you can also buy the Wet Coat essence and dilute it for a much better £/L ratio.