CUPRA Leon MK4 Build date and delivery tracker

Jun 3, 2022
I ordered the VZ1 in June with no extras through a leasing company and have not received no update and I get sent the same email every week saying the build week has not been allocated yet. So frustrating!

Aug 4, 2022
@ChrisLeonVZ2 - Have you been given a build week with you updating the est delivery date?
No build date as yet, they have changed the delivery date to a more generic two-month window. Can't say I have much confidence in the car arriving when they say, but I have the lease offer locked in at a great rate, so willing to wait for now...

Sep 20, 2022
Hi @lukemag, that's not filling me with confidence for a January / February delivery! If yours is week 19, that would presumably give you a delivery date in June / July?
They are saying build April 23 and 3-4 weeks for delivery they are now blaming shortgage of parts for the gearbox becoming abit of a joke cant believe how hard it is to give a company money

Aug 4, 2022
They are saying build April 23 and 3-4 weeks for delivery they are now blaming shortgage of parts for the gearbox becoming abit of a joke cant believe how hard it is to give a company money

Hopefully they will sort out the supply chain and start speeding deliveries up, other manufactures do not seem to be as badly impacted.

Dec 20, 2022
Hello all

I ordered (fathered leased) a 300 VZ2 a couple of weeks ago with driver L pack in Special Metallic - Graphene Grey got a tentative date of end May delivery, but reading posts here I'm sat here crying! I even turned down an immediate delivery 300 in white VZ2 with no options! So hopefully my children will enjoy the car have bought :ROFLMAO:

Dec 20, 2022
Hopefully they will sort out the supply chain and start speeding deliveries up, other manufactures do not seem to be as badly impacted.
don't forget that Cupra don't have their own manufacturing facility, its Seats! so all the delays are due to meeting minimum manufacturing numbers in-between Seat building orders for their vehicles

James15695

Dec 22, 2022
New to the forum. I have updated spreadsheet but ordered a VZ1 2.0 245 in Mineral White end of July this year and was given an estimated end of December this year delivery. Recently had an update to say I have an unconfirmed build week commencing 6th Feb 2023 (subject to slip of course). Hopefully it sticks. Anyone else in the same boat? Based on replies in the forum seems people are waiting a lot longer but most appear to be hybrid orders.

vee_cee

Dec 22, 2022
Just registered for the forum.

Will add myself to the spreadsheet.

In summary, I have had a CUPRA Leon Hatch VZ2 1.4 eHYBRID on order via my company car scheme, since September 2021.

updates have been sparse, but the latest I have been given is "Cupra Leon Hatchback – Factory ordered – Unconfirmed build week 13 – 2023", when I last checked back in June it was "Cupra Leon Hatchback – Factory ordered – Unconfirmed build week 7 - 2023" so has slipped further.

It appears to be a hybrid thing :(

James15695

Dec 22, 2022
Just registered for the forum.

Will add myself to the spreadsheet.

In summary, I have had a CUPRA Leon Hatch VZ2 1.4 eHYBRID on order via my company car scheme, since September 2021.

updates have been sparse, but the latest I have been given is "Cupra Leon Hatchback – Factory ordered – Unconfirmed build week 13 – 2023", when I last checked back in June it was "Cupra Leon Hatchback – Factory ordered – Unconfirmed build week 7 - 2023" so has slipped further.

It appears to be a hybrid thing :(
Very disappointing. Yes absolutely, it does appear to be a hybrid thing. I did not expect the unconfirmed build week I have been given and expected it to be a lot later. Have you thought of switching to a 2.0 245 like mine or even a 300 in the hope of speeding it up? I suppose you’re quite far along now that any change isn’t likely to get here any quicker than your original order.

vee_cee

Dec 22, 2022
Very disappointing. Yes absolutely, it does appear to be a hybrid thing. I did not expect the unconfirmed build week I have been given and expected it to be a lot later. Have you thought of switching to a 2.0 245 like mine or even a 300 in the hope of speeding it up? I suppose you’re quite far along now that any change isn’t likely to get here any quicker than your original order.
Its a company car, so limited to the hybrid, due to being capped on CO2 at 49. As you said I'm in it for the long haul, crazy lead time for a car eh? Currently its unconfirmed as being 19/20 months!!

Jun 3, 2022
New to the forum. I have updated spreadsheet but ordered a VZ1 2.0 245 in Mineral White end of July this year and was given an estimated end of December this year delivery. Recently had an update to say I have an unconfirmed build week commencing 6th Feb 2023 (subject to slip of course). Hopefully it sticks. Anyone else in the same boat? Based on replies in the forum seems people are waiting a lot longer but most appear to be hybrid orders.
I’ve ordered the 2.0 245 VZ1 as well however I’m getting told an unconfirmed build week 19 which is early May when I was originally told Nov/Dec. I ordered mine early June as well :(

MartyG19

Oct 3, 2022
Same as a couple of the recent posts, ordered a white VZ1 245 in early April 2022. Originally given November/December 2022 for delivery. Got the usual standard email for months, so went to the MD of the lease firm before Christmas who chased Cupra to say it would be built in Feb 2023. He said Cupra were a nightmare and said he had a few waiting build dates! No ****…😵💫🙄

Current car goes back next week so left without a car for who knows how long? Pretty poor all round. Got a good price locked in on the Leon, so left in a catch 22 situation!

hinch1

Sep 27, 2022
Ordered a Cupra Hybrid Leon Estate November 2021. Finally got a build date of mid-April 2023 before Christmas...now moved forward to week 9 (mid/ late Feb). The Cupra hybrids are starting to churn off the manufacturing line, apparently, as Formentor build dates are also moving forwards. Good news, anyway!!

Reactions: Sinopia

Jimmyb234

Sep 11, 2022
Had an update off my dealer yesterday… apparently no build week assigned but showing as an expected February build time..

MartyG19

Oct 3, 2022
Same as a couple of the recent posts, ordered a white VZ1 245 in early April 2022. Originally given November/December 2022 for delivery. Got the usual standard email for months, so went to the MD of the lease firm before Christmas who chased Cupra to say it would be built in Feb 2023. He said Cupra were a nightmare and said he had a few waiting build dates! No ****…😵💫🙄

Current car goes back next week so left without a car for who knows how long? Pretty poor all round. Got a good price locked in on the Leon, so left in a catch 22 situation!
Update, I have been advised this morning that my car will be built from week 13 (28/03/2023). So just the 4/5 months later than promised, hopefully it arrives soon after! Looking like just over a year from ordering. 🤯🙄