CUPRA Leon MK4 Build date and delivery tracker

MartyG19

Oct 3, 2022
Confirmed this morning that my car has arrived in the UK this week, is heading to the dealer and will be delivered on 03/03/2023 on the new 23 reg plates. Maybe it is actually going to happen after all? Hopefully, there was a few more on that ship for everyone else!!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I have had my VZ2 300 since May 2022, and when I ordered it in Aug 2021, I could have had a pick of 2 VZ3 300's that FIFE SEAT/Cupra had in stock. Did not like the VZ3 wheels with their plastic inserts, but the cars were sold to others, so definitely some out there.

Jan 12, 2023
I placed order for a 245 VZ2 in August 22, recent update advises Estimated Build June / July. Personal Lease via Select Car Leasing. :cautious:
My current Vauxhall Grandland lease returns end of May.

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
Confirmed this morning that my car has arrived in the UK this week, is heading to the dealer and will be delivered on 03/03/2023 on the new 23 reg plates. Maybe it is actually going to happen after all? Hopefully, there was a few more on that ship for everyone else!!
Was this a Personal PCP? Great News, praying this is the same for the rest of the UK 245 people!

MartyG19

Oct 3, 2022
Was this a Personal PCP? Great News, praying this is the same for the rest of the UK 245 people!
No it’s a PCH through a lease firm in Lancashire. I came off my work’s lease scheme as I was being quoted another £150 a month for the same car. So I used my allowance to assist with the personal lease. Fingers crossed.

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
No it’s a PCH through a lease firm in Lancashire. I came off my work’s lease scheme as I was being quoted another £150 a month for the same car. So I used my allowance to assist with the personal lease. Fingers crossed.
Makes sense, mine is via the lease scheme at work. Don't have the choice for an allowance instead unfortunately! I also don't have direct contact with the lease company and have to go via the fleet manager at work, so the updates are so irregular. And with CUPRA changing their minds every 5 minutes about the cars, I have no idea at all, just hoping for a surprise email that the last update of 12th of May '23 is being brought forward...

MartyG19

Oct 3, 2022
Makes sense, mine is via the lease scheme at work. Don't have the choice for an allowance instead unfortunately! I also don't have direct contact with the lease company and have to go via the fleet manager at work, so the updates are so irregular. And with CUPRA changing their minds every 5 minutes about the cars, I have no idea at all, just hoping for a surprise email that the last update of 12th of May '23 is being brought forward...
I was getting no where either, so you’re not alone.

I did take things into my own hands and fkind the name of the owner of the lease firm and contacted him direct. He was absolutely spot on to be fair!

At the same time I also put a few messages on LinkedIn when Cupra directors were congratulating themselves or when the sports car team were on Insta. It got a response from their customer services, so that may have made a difference who knows?? I just got so pissed off.

A ship has arrived last week, so you never know. Personally the whole process seems incompetent!

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
I was getting no where either, so you’re not alone.

I did take things into my own hands and fkind the name of the owner of the lease firm and contacted him direct. He was absolutely spot on to be fair!

At the same time I also put a few messages on LinkedIn when Cupra directors were congratulating themselves or when the sports car team were on Insta. It got a response from their customer services, so that may have made a difference who knows?? I just got so pissed off.

A ship has arrived last week, so you never know. Personally the whole process seems incompetent!
Fingers crossed, if it does come by March, it might beat the 18months since order :ROFLMAO::poop:

MartyG19

Oct 3, 2022
Fingers crossed, if it does come by March, it might beat the 18months since order :ROFLMAO::poop:
Awe man, it’s bloody ridiculous. I’ve leased cars since 2007 and to think I used to moan when it was a tiddly 3 month delay?? And I was able to extend the previous lease anyway, not like now, although I am getting plenty exercise. The one advantage Cupra has provided 😂😂

Keep on badgering whoever you can, it’s often who moans the loudest!! My car turned up on a transporter ship right around the time of my whinge on LinkedIn. No idea if that had any bearing but I like to think so 😂

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Ordered VZ2 Hybrid estate in October and get fortnightly updates from the leasing company, they used to put a dealer update but this is now missing. Asked them why and they replied:
This is normally the case when the dealer haven’t yet been given a build slot for the car so they have been unable to provide the ETA.
Unfortunately this appears to be the case with nearly all Cupra orders at the moment.

Aug 4, 2022
I placed order for a 245 VZ2 in August 22, recent update advises Estimated Build June / July. Personal Lease via Select Car Leasing. :cautious:
My current Vauxhall Grandland lease returns end of May.

Likewise, I ordered the same car on the 4th August with SCL. Currently being told it has an allocated build week (trying to confirm with the dealer what that is) and estimated delivery in late April. I might cancel and stick with my current car, or trade it for a used model. If I had known it would be 9 months, I probably wouldn't have ordered it in the first place...

JordST

Sep 12, 2021
Place my order in May 2021! I've had automated update emails since then. I finally received a build date yesterday and delivery end of march. Let's hope there no more changes and the car comes as specified. Fingers crossed.

Deleted member 134957

Place my order in May 2021! I've had automated update emails since then. I finally received a build date yesterday and delivery end of march. Let's hope there no more changes and the car comes as specified. Fingers crossed.
I was feeling p*ssed off about waiting since Nov 2021! Good news about the build date, hopefully we start to see some actual cars instead of just emails

Reactions: JordST

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
This must be the record for the longest delivery time, makes my 8 month wait from Aug 2021 seem quick.

Reactions: JordST
Jan 13, 2023
Hey all,
finally got some kind of update, got an email "your car is about to be built" whatever that actually means, emailed the dealer to try and get some estimated dates, previous estimate was Q1 build, ordered Vz3 hybrid in march 22
I am getting more depressed by the day. Why is my VZ3 not being built. Ordered in Aug 21. So you think it’s the panoramic sunroof or safety pack??

James15695

Dec 22, 2022
I am getting more depressed by the day. Why is my VZ3 not being built. Ordered in Aug 21. So you think it’s the panoramic sunroof or safety pack??
Feel for you. That's a mental time to wait. Possibly the extras, what engine have you chosen? I've got a VZ1 2.0 245 on order from July 2022 and the latest info is build week commencing 20th Feb so hopefully that sticks. Seems the 2.0 245's are being built quicker than the hybrids but really don't know what to say about yours at 18 months and counting. :eek:

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Was driving past my local Cupra dealer and noticed a couple of Leon estates - I ordered my hybrid in October but my wife hadn't seen or been in the car! Popped in to have a look and there was a VZ2 245 petrol demonstrator there. Had a look around it and a play about with the screen and the virtual cockpit - she's not a massive fan of the big screen and came away saying the whole interior felt a bit cheap when compared with current Octavia :cry:
When I was talking to the very helpful member of staff she said they had just received a stock update and the current wait time for hybrids is 40 weeks - and that she guessed mine would arrive some time in July - but the other guy that was there laughed and said "see you next year!" Not sure what to make of that!

LegoEngineer

Feb 14, 2023
Hey all. Just found this forum since I've been waiting my Hybrid ST since May '22. Original estimate for delivery was end of November '22. Last time I called my dealer (at the end of January) he said that factory has ran out of rear cameras and they expect to get more on week 13. Guess it's going to take very long for me still, since there are people here who have ordered theirs in 21... :(

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
Oh dear, reading this has me concerned. Ordered a VZ2 petrol in May 2022 (no options) for a March 23 delivery. The dealer stated last month that my build week was Week 7 (now) and an email this morning also confirmed this, but not that they had commenced the build. My existing car is due to be returned on March 7th and a call to Cupra CS today was a waste of time. Hopefully, I will be able to extend my current car.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.