CUPRA Leon MK4 Build date and delivery tracker

MangoPenguin

Jun 22, 2022
I am getting more depressed by the day. Why is my VZ3 not being built. Ordered in Aug 21. So you think it’s the panoramic sunroof or safety pack??
Could be the extras since they removed them from new orders now...
i got an update that it’s “in transit” now, anyone have a feel how long the transit usually takes?

sdrfish

Jul 11, 2018
After having a read through this thread I’ll be lucky to get my order by September at this rate. Ordered a vz3 245 hybrid at the time with an L pack but with the spec change that has been deleted. Put order in feb 2022 so judging by someone who ordeeed earlier in the thread in nov 21 and only getting an April build September is looking very likely.

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
After having a read through this thread I’ll be lucky to get my order by September at this rate. Ordered a vz3 245 hybrid at the time with an L pack but with the spec change that has been deleted. Put order in feb 2022 so judging by someone who ordeeed earlier in the thread in nov 21 and only getting an April build September is looking very likely.
Hi sdr,

I have ordered a VZ3 245 estate hybrid with the safety pack in Sept 2021 and another chap did similar a few months before, the most recent quote was a May delivery. But who knows at this rate!

I actually saw a 245 estate hybrid for the first time in UK earlier this week, I asked the owner and he said it was a First Ed (equivalent to VZ2) and he got it in early 2021. Lucky chap!

hinch1

Sep 27, 2022
Could be the extras since they removed them from new orders now...
i got an update that it’s “in transit” now, anyone have a feel how long the transit usually takes?
Yes, I got one of these emails also for a version 3, 245bhp Estate. Dealership thought with a push it might be at the showroom 1 March, but if not then soon after.

hinch1

Sep 27, 2022
Hi Hinch,

Did you get the safety pack or sunroof with this? Is it a company lease by chance?
Safety pack - yes, the middle one, but the V.3 year 2023 has the best safety package as standard. Sunroof - no. Company lease - no. Ordered on a PCP @ 2% interest rate...probably a rate never to be seen again!

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
Safety pack - yes, the middle one, but the V.3 year 2023 has the best safety package as standard. Sunroof - no. Company lease - no. Ordered on a PCP @ 2% interest rate...probably a rate never to be seen again!
Ah right, I thought you ordered back in 2021, didn't realise you were getting a 2023 VZ3!
UK order?

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
I did order back then, but the only benefit of waiting this long is that I get the 2023 spec. It is a UK order. (y)
Haha I'm with you now, I have had piss all communication from the lease company, I also ordered in 2021 but I didn't realise they would automatically move us onto the 2023 spec if ordering was done on the old model! Interesting revelation!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Haha I'm with you now, I have had piss all communication from the lease company, I also ordered in 2021 but I didn't realise they would automatically move us onto the 2023 spec if ordering was done on the old model! Interesting revelation!
Once the factory has made the necessary production line changes to build MY23 vehicles, all vehicles coming off the line are MY23.

I‘m assuming the same also applies when Cupra and Seat introduce a facelift model - i.e. once the factory is tooled up to build a facelift model, customers who ordered their car during the life of the pre-facelift model will get the facelift car. The other alternative would be for Cupra and Seat to cancel all outstanding customer orders and customers having to re-order and start the waiting process again from scratch. Putting it mildly, that would be a very unpopular move with customers, would result in lots of bad press for so Cupra and Seat (something they wouldn’t want), so I can’t see they would do that.

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
Once the factory has made the necessary production line changes to build MY23 vehicles, all vehicles coming off the line are MY23.

I‘m assuming the same also applies when Cupra and Seat introduce a facelift model - i.e. once the factory is tooled up to build a facelift model, customers who ordered their car during the life of the pre-facelift model will get the facelift car. The other alternative would be for Cupra and Seat to cancel all outstanding customer orders and customers having to re-order and start the waiting process again from scratch. Putting it mildly, that would be a very unpopular move with customers, would result in lots of bad press for so Cupra and Seat (something they wouldn’t want), so I can’t see they would do that.
Absolutely, makes complete sense! To be frank, I wouldn't have known there was a different UK MY without being on this forum. A bit in the blind with the whole process, due to it being via company and lease company, i'm 4th in line for any info. I guess they just cant give you any less spec than you ordered, but more is great!
Is there a specific resource you use to see the differences between the MYs? Anything else of note between '21 and '23?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Absolutely, makes complete sense! To be frank, I wouldn't have known there was a different UK MY without being on this forum. A bit in the blind with the whole process, due to it being via company and lease company, i'm 4th in line for any info. I guess they just cant give you any less spec than you ordered, but more is great!
Is there a specific resource you use to see the differences between the MYs? Anything else of note between '21 and '23?
You could cross check the 2021 brochure at the link below with the latest version on the Cupra website.

Link to Cupra website and Leon Spec and Price brochure;

Reactions: Hitonthechin

deveh

Dec 5, 2021
Lithuania
Mine was at 1.85% (+6 month euribor, which for many many years was negative, but now a bit higher :( )

MartyG19

Oct 3, 2022
All set for delivery on 3 March 23. Barring any last minute disasters (you can’t help yourself thinking the worst!) got the new March registration confirmation and delivery slot. Can’t wait, hopefully it will remove from my memory the 11+ month wait since ordering. VZ1 245

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
All set for delivery on 3 March 23. Barring any last minute disasters (you can’t help yourself thinking the worst!) got the new March registration confirmation and delivery slot. Can’t wait, hopefully it will remove from my memory the 11+ month wait since ordering. VZ1 245
This is great news for you! Hoping I hear something v soon! Make sure you post a cheeky pic

Reactions: MartyG19

James15695

Dec 22, 2022
Just had confirmation my VZ1 245 has gone into build having ordered in July last year. Estimated to dealer early April. Anybody else in similar boat?

MartyG19

Oct 3, 2022
Mine arrived on Friday, drove to see my family up in Scotland having not seen them since Christmas. Ignoring the state of it, the car is fantastic and worth the 11 month wait. Good luck everyone else with your deliveries.
1678102129568.jpeg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise