CUPRA Leon MK4 Build date and delivery tracker

hinch1

Sep 27, 2022
After a wait since 12 November 2021...VZ3 Estate, 245BHP, Magnetic Grey with Petrol Blue interior has arrived...collection next week :cool:
Cupra 1.jpg
Cupra 2.jpg
Cupra 3.jpg

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
My Cupra was delivered to the dealership a week ago, handed over to me yesterday..
But I cannot say estimated delivery duration after order as I bought a car which was already in manufacture process and I was not able to change anything in the specs.

I have to say that I see in the total number of incoming cars to the dealerships (available online) production has been "restarted".
During two months there were no new cars available at all, within last two weeks 39 new cars (only Leon SP) arrived to our small country. That means clearly for me that Cupra was out of stock of some small component, like rear camera, they produced cars without it, parked it in the factory and after the cameras delivery, they finalize cars and send them to dealerships in a batch..
No other explanation for this suspicious batch delivery of 39 cars in two weeks while for last two months ago there were nothing happening at all.

MangoPenguin

Jun 22, 2022
Well done on the prompt delivery :D ... I'm on 18 months currently, still with no build date!

Out of curiosity was this a personal order or via lease / company car route? Seems to be different priorities for different routes to market?
Yes, individual PCP as mentioned above

Reactions: vee_cee

sdrfish

Jul 11, 2018
Woohoo I have a an update on my vz3 245 hybrid. I have been told it will be built this year😂.

No idea when this year only that it’s being built h this year. Currently been waiting since feb 22.

LegoEngineer

Feb 14, 2023
Called my retailer yesterday, there was no change on my order status and he told me factory doesn't manufacture more plug-in hybrids before beginning of May. My order date was 18.5.2022.

• Sad
Reactions: Richiepoos

MM410

Jan 16, 2023
United Kingdom
My car has been sat at the port awaiting shipment since 06/03/23
Nearly 3/4 weeks later and it is still sat at the port awaiting shipment!
I honestly dont have a clue what is taking them so long.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
My car has been sat at the port awaiting shipment since 06/03/23
Nearly 3/4 weeks later and it is still sat at the port awaiting shipment!
I honestly dont have a clue what is taking them so long.
I dare say if it happens to be parked at the back of the port parking facility with other vehicles blocking it in, those other vehicles will probably be shipped before yours. That could explain the length of time at port.

Once there’s easy access to your car, it’s likely it’ll then be shipped.

MM410

Jan 16, 2023
United Kingdom
Called Cupra UK,
I dare say if it happens to be parked at the back of the port parking facility with other vehicles blocking it in, those other vehicles will probably be shipped before yours. That could explain the length of time at port.

Once there’s easy access to your car, it’s likely it’ll then be shipped.
Just called Cupra UK as Lease Company provided me last update saying still at the port and to contact manufacturer directly to question length of time it has taken to ship the car over.

Cupra UK advised the car is actually on a ship which is in the UK. Awaiting for a compartment number or something to be taken of the ship.

I don't know how much longer but it is so frustrating, had my old lease extended by 6 months and even that's gone back.
So currently with no car

Radiator98

Mar 13, 2023
Just got confirmation from my broker that the car is in port. Should be with the dealer within 7 working days meaning I could be looking at delivery W/C 17/04!

Radiator98

Mar 13, 2023
Called Cupra UK,

Just called Cupra UK as Lease Company provided me last update saying still at the port and to contact manufacturer directly to question length of time it has taken to ship the car over.

Cupra UK advised the car is actually on a ship which is in the UK. Awaiting for a compartment number or something to be taken of the ship.

I don't know how much longer but it is so frustrating, had my old lease extended by 6 months and even that's gone back.
So currently with no car
This is interesting. Who was this lease with? I've been repeatedly informally extending mine. Latest one takes it to June but I can hand it back at any point earlier with no charge. So I raised an eyebrow at you having to give it back?

vee_cee

Dec 22, 2022
This is interesting. Who was this lease with? I've been repeatedly informally extending mine. Latest one takes it to June but I can hand it back at any point earlier with no charge. So I raised an eyebrow at you having to give it back?
My lease has been extended indefinitely, its now been a 5 year lease term, instead of 4! Still waiting for concrete info on delivery. :cautious:

Radiator98

Mar 13, 2023
My lease has been extended indefinitely, its now been a 5 year lease term, instead of 4! Still waiting for concrete info on delivery. :cautious:
Oof, that's rough. I've learned though. I'm taking this new one on a 4 year lease but I will start car hunting probably around the three year mark. Once bitten and all right.. :ROFLMAO:

Envy123

Apr 5, 2023
Finally got my finance paperwork through yesterday with reg and chassis number, so looks like my 245 vz1 will be delivered before my current car goes back middle of next month. Was getting a bit concerned, due to the wait some people on here are experiencing. I ordered in July 22, but hadn't had many updates. The lease company just kept emailing the same message every month saying it was due in May, but not guaranteed. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Radiator98

vee_cee

Dec 22, 2022
Oof, that's rough. I've learned though. I'm taking this new one on a 4 year lease but I will start car hunting probably around the three year mark. Once bitten and all right.. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I thought the same and placed the order at 3 1/2yrs, so 6 months prior to the end of lease.....expecting some delays ... but not 18 months plus!

Radiator98

Mar 13, 2023
Finally got my finance paperwork through yesterday with reg and chassis number, so looks like my 245 vz1 will be delivered before my current car goes back middle of next month. Was getting a bit concerned, due to the wait some people on here are experiencing. I ordered in July 22, but hadn't had many updates. The lease company just kept emailing the same message every month saying it was due in May, but not guaranteed. Fingers crossed.
Lucky! I've just made the decision to send mine back hopefully some time next week. Praying the car gets to the dealer on time...

Solo

May 30, 2015
Just for comparisons etc, I ordered a PHEV Leon in November 2021 as a lease through employer. Still not got a build date. I get updates every 2 weeks but it's the same every time 'awaiting build slot'.

I don't have access to trackers via dealer as my contract is with my employer so I have no idea what's going on. Don't even know which dealer the order was placed with.

I spoke to a salesman at a dealer last year and he said Cupra were prioritising private sales over leases but that's about all I know!

I'm not that desperate for the car to arrive but it would be nice to know if it's going to be this year or not.
My new estimated delivery date just arrived. It's gone from May '23 to August '23 with still no build date. Realistically it's going to be after September as they'll probably want to get it on a 73 reg.

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
Been given an update that my May 12th has been pushed back to a new"Proposed" build week 22 with deliver around end of June, early July.
Ordered Oct '21 VZ3 245 PHEV Estate.
Asked for them to get a confirmed build date as it's getting ridiculous now.

Radiator98

Mar 13, 2023
Happy to report mine has been booked in for delivery now on the 19th! Insurance, GAP and Maintenance all in place so it feels surreal after a 10 month wait. Hopefully post some pictures after delivery.

I am curious though, i'm having this one delivered rather than picked up so wondering if anyone has any experience in asking for full tank of petrol/proper clean before it's delivered? I get that it's going to have some road dirt and some fuel is used getting to me but it's still new car day right.....?