New software update?

fpdoc0697

May 22, 2021
@oldgitdave just had a read through your posts, and the plot thickens! Mine is currently on software 1899, which was updated during a service a few months ago. I'm booked in for the '91EF recall update' on Friday, so I'm unsure what they're going to do if I'm already on 1899. Hmm!
I got one text message from Cupra saying it is 90 minutes, but an email today saying 5-6 hours! Not a PHEV

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
@oldgitdave just had a read through your posts, and the plot thickens! Mine is currently on software 1899, which was updated during a service a few months ago. I'm booked in for the '91EF recall update' on Friday, so I'm unsure what they're going to do if I'm already on 1899. Hmm!

I got one text message from Cupra saying it is 90 minutes, but an email today saying 5-6 hours! Not a PHEV
That's interesting 🤔. I wonder if they're starting to roll out 1900 as an update? I'll be sure to keep an eye on your posts.

Reactions: fpdoc0697

fpdoc0697

May 22, 2021
That's interesting 🤔. I wonder if they're starting to roll out 1900 as an update? I'll be sure to keep an eye on your posts.
So went for the update on Friday, checked the software version, still 1899! It was remarkably quick, so I wonder if they were too embarrassed to say they'd done nothing.

• Wow
Reactions: oldgitdave

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
So went for the update on Friday, checked the software version, still 1899! It was remarkably quick, so I wonder if they were too embarrassed to say they'd done nothing.
When my Leon went in a couple of weeks ago, the infotainment version was still the same but they definitely did something cos I haven’t had a single SOS or pop since. Hopefully the same for you.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
So it looks like version 1900 is definitely not available as an update yet.
Having said that, I'm finding 1899 has made the infotainment system much more responsive than 1896. I didn't really have any issues other than the odd speaker pop. It's still early on but I've not had any pops since the update. I'm really happy with everything at the moment.

Apr 9, 2021
I've just had mine updated today which says 1899 but I've not noticed any changes. Had a courtesy car VZ which has some differences with the reversing sound which seemed to be softer almost like the sound a percussion triangle makes and the icons for roundabouts and speed signs appears in a smaller display box than a larger square that fills the centre of the dash screen. just wondering if this is part of the latest update or just because its a newer model than mine.

Attachments

• tempImagezXYQIw.png
    tempImagezXYQIw.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 320
Reactions: bounderboy

AntoniosL

Sep 30, 2021
Took my car to the dealer for my annual service; they advised me that they performed a software update. Just checked the system and now I'm running the 1940 version. Have not noticed any changes as yet.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Took my car to the dealer for my annual service; they advised me that they performed a software update. Just checked the system and now I'm running the 1940 version. Have not noticed any changes as yet.
That's good to know, I hope they're doing it in the UK. It started off OK with the 1899 update but after about 3 weeks I started getting issues including the usual restarts after 2 minutes of driving, speaker pops, SOS emergency and I had a full system crash including the digital dash twice whilst driving on the M5.

Anyway it's booked in on July 4th for 'investigation' so I'm hoping it'll get 1940. A few folk on the Leon threads have had it and all positive so far 🤞.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Do you know if it is possible to call the dealership and ask what the latest version they can install for the car is?
(I dont want to go through the entire appointment process just to find out they can’t install the newest updates yet.)

AntoniosL

Sep 30, 2021
I was told that the car needs to go in for them to hook it up on the system and check if the latest version is available for the particular car.

AntoniosL

Sep 30, 2021
this is how mine looks like. I had a few restarts of the infotainment system while driving that I reported (at 2 instances my infotainment crashed while I was reversing and the screen went blanc - told them that this raises a security concern) and therefore I guess they had to perform the software upgrades.

Attachments

• 20230614_175634.jpg
    20230614_175634.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 190

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Just checked and im on 1900, not had many problems to be honest but thank you for your brilliant post, its easy when you know how but trying to find stuff in this system can be dizzying at times!
I think this year's models are coming with 1900 and I believe they have updated hardware too (see post #10 & #18 in this thread).

I've had mine for just over a year now and I've gotten used to the infotainment layout and the more you use it the easier it will become. Still takes a while to find things I don't use much though!

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
I was told that the car needs to go in for them to hook it up on the system and check if the latest version is available for the particular car.
It’s such a time-consuming process just to check if an update is available 🥲

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
Had mine updated to 1940 yesterday. Dealer said this update has been out for about 10 days or so and they are getting in touch with owners to have them come in for the update. Apparently its aimed at fixing the random restart issue, so hopefully it works. I was having a intermittent restarts previously but no other issues, and actually I quite like how the infotainment system looks and works. No issues since this 1940 update, although still early days.

One question though - does anyone know if its possible to change the positioning of the 3 widgets on the home screen please? ie, i want to have navigation in the centre position but when i try to change this centre widget it doesnt give me the navigation option - it seems to only be possible to have it on the left pane/widget position.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Had mine updated to 1940 yesterday. Dealer said this update has been out for about 10 days or so and they are getting in touch with owners to have them come in for the update. Apparently its aimed at fixing the random restart issue, so hopefully it works. I was having a intermittent restarts previously but no other issues, and actually I quite like how the infotainment system looks and works. No issues since this 1940 update, although still early days.
That's good news. Mine's going in in a couple of weeks. Keeping fingers crossed for 1940 and no more issues 🤞.

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021

One question though - does anyone know if its possible to change the positioning of the 3 widgets on the home screen please? ie, i want to have navigation in the centre position but when i try to change this centre widget it doesnt give me the navigation option - it seems to only be possible to have it on the left pane/widget position.
What model and year is your car?
I’m not sure if all cars are possible to update to 1940?
Mine is a 310, MY2022.
I had two restarts today, haven’t seen them for weeks.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.