New software update?

AntoniosL

Sep 30, 2021
What model and year is your car?
I’m not sure if all cars are possible to update to 1940?
Mine is a 310, MY2022.
I had two restarts today, haven’t seen them for weeks.
Mine is a 310, MY 2021 and has been updated to 1940. So I would expect that the update would be available for your car also.

Naxterra

Apr 10, 2022
My Cupra service partner just upgraded to 1940, and it is much much better. Especially Apple Car Play, Traffic sign recognition seems to be improved too. Infotainment is less laggier than before

Reactions: oldgitdave

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
There is an active tpi for the 1940 update so if you have the rebooting issue the dealer will update it. I’ve been on 1940 for about 5 weeks and it’s loads better, CarPlay icons are smaller now but looks better.

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
There is an active tpi for the 1940 update so if you have the rebooting issue the dealer will update it. I’ve been on 1940 for about 5 weeks and it’s loads better, CarPlay icons are smaller now but looks better.
Picture of CarPlay?

Naxterra

Apr 10, 2022
Can you show a picture of Apple Car Play please?
IMG_1644.jpeg
IMG_1643.jpeg

Reactions: tzuicomicina

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
What model and year is your car?
I’m not sure if all cars are possible to update to 1940?
Mine is a 310, MY2022.
I had two restarts today, haven’t seen them for weeks.
Built Dec 2022, and its a 310 too. Still no issues since 1940 update!

Reactions: Hampa1

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Picture of CarPlay?
Do you happen to know the tpi number?

I just spoke with two different Seat dealers, both telling me there’s no update for my 310, MY2022.
I’m on A896 and experience reboots from time to time so I’m hoping 1940 is the cure…
Anyways, I booked it in end of July but was told to take video with my mobile in case the garage can’t reproduce itso that they can send it to vw…. I don’t think that’s the way to go but I’ll try if I’m not in traffic…
This must be well known by vw by now so I shouldn’t have to.

The tpi number would be helpful in discussions with the dealer in case they don’t find it somehow.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Do you happen to know the tpi number?

I just spoke with two different Seat dealers, both telling me there’s no update for my 310, MY2022.
I’m on A896 and experience reboots from time to time so I’m hoping 1940 is the cure…
Anyways, I booked it in end of July but was told to take video with my mobile in case the garage can’t reproduce itso that they can send it to vw…. I don’t think that’s the way to go but I’ll try if I’m not in traffic…
This must be well known by vw by now so I shouldn’t have to.

The tpi number would be helpful in discussions with the dealer in case they don’t find it somehow.
Unfortunately dealers it seems don’t like updating software and it seems to be difficult fight to get them to do it!!
vw are well aware of the rebooting issue and 1940 does solve the issue as I’ve been on it for 5 weeks and not had a reboot! If updated the software myself in the end as the fight with the dealers with them saying there isn’t a software update for your car! Go on erwin get the tpi number and oh yes there is now a software update!! You really have to push hard to get them to do it.
this is the tpi number as I got it from erwin just google seat erwin pay £7 for an hour and put your car details in and will give you the information.

Attachments

• IMG_8938.jpeg
    IMG_8938.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 233
Reactions: Hampa1

ES_Formentor

Sep 30, 2021
Unfortunately dealers it seems don’t like updating software and it seems to be difficult fight to get them to do it!!
vw are well aware of the rebooting issue and 1940 does solve the issue as I’ve been on it for 5 weeks and not had a reboot! If updated the software myself in the end as the fight with the dealers with them saying there isn’t a software update for your car! Go on erwin get the tpi number and oh yes there is now a software update!! You really have to push hard to get them to do it.
this is the tpi number as I got it from erwin just google seat erwin pay £7 for an hour and put your car details in and will give you the information.
Tried this and it said it could not give information for my car and to contact dealer...........

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Big thanks!
The TPI is confirmed by the garage and the car is booked in.

Reactions: Shaun123

ChrisGerr

Feb 6, 2022
UK here and when in for a service last week they said the next update was about 4 weeks away.
Not sure they are being completely honest with you. My VZ3 (MY2022) was 'upgraded' from 1890 to 1940 today after diagnosing rebooting issue (plus numerous other random quirks). Soi far so good and certainly seems more responsive.

Bizarrely, my car was error free for 9 months before some OTA updates at the start of the year.

Quick question to everyone - any idea what this greyed out 'planet' symbol is on my sat nav search?....not noticed it greyed out before :unsure: (connect subscription is up to date)

Chris
sat nav.jpg

Reactions: oldgitdave

AntoniosL

Sep 30, 2021
Hi Chris, this is the change language button if not mistaken. Maybe before the upgrade to 1940 you had added a second language? If yes, you only need to add the second language again and then the planet will no longer be grey.

schofier

Aug 16, 2014
Southampton
Looking at the TPI anyone know what "Claims only in vehicles with PR 8AR or 8AW" refers to, and/or how to find out if it applies to my vehicle. Couldn't see anything under the car System Information menu. TIA.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise