• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Dec 6, 2024
225
211
www.swanswaygarages.com

We recently headed along to a joint SEAT/CUPRA meet with this very forum and put the big question to the owners:

We got some interesting answers, so we’ve put together some of the content from the meet and thought it would be good to bring the conversation over here too.

So, where do you stand?

SEAT – sticking with the original?

CUPRA – enjoying the new direction?

Both – because why choose?

More importantly, show us your cars.

Drop a photo of your SEAT or CUPRA below and tell us a little bit about it – model, engine, mods, what you love about it.

If you were at the meet, see if you can spot yourself in the content.

So, what’s your choice: SEAT or CUPRA?
 
For me its whoever does a 7 seater first since the demise of the Tarraco 🤣

Great content and great to have you at the meet.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Syphon
A few years from now instead of SEAT Cupra we will have special edition Cupra SEAT models focused on comfort. :)
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Syphon and Rob66
For me its whoever does a 7 seater first since the demise of the Tarraco 🤣

Great content and great to have you at the meet.
I think there are probably quite a few people who’d say the same! The demise of the Tarraco has definitely left a bit of a gap for anyone wanting a 7-seater.

And thanks for the kind words - it was great to be at the meet and meet everyone in person. Hopefully there’ll be plenty more to come!
 
I am a Seat Cupra owner and that is where my heart is,
this original comparison sums up why I love the Seat Cupra over the other VAG Hot Hatches they are just so much fun to drive especially on my local track.

"SEAT have a habit of being dark horses" yep I see many faces in my rear mirror wondering why a SEAT is beating them.

I am not a fan of the Modern cars because I love to drive a RAW car that requires me to stay fully involved.
Screenshot 2026-09-29 at 16.26.05.png


My Daily is also my Tracktoy and its very different to the car I started with, Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Seating, Turbo, Exhaust have all been upgraded

SEAT I am afraid as a brand will be finished shortly in the big VAG shakup
 
I am a Seat Cupra owner and that is where my heart is,
this original comparison sums up why I love the Seat Cupra over the other VAG Hot Hatches they are just so much fun to drive especially on my local track.

"SEAT have a habit of being dark horses" yep I see many faces in my rear mirror wondering why a SEAT is beating them.

I am not a fan of the Modern cars because I love to drive a RAW car that requires me to stay fully involved.View attachment 55449

My Daily is also my Tracktoy and its very different to the car I started with, Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Seating, Turbo, Exhaust have all been upgraded

SEAT I am afraid as a brand will be finished shortly in the big VAG shakup
Yes the SEAT Leon Cupra 280 was a great car standard, so yours must be fantastic, still miss mine.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tracktoy
Well I will be up your way next year, I will touch base next year and maybe we can get together.