• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Sep 5, 2026
3
0
Hello,
I have recently just bought a Cupra leon hybrid V2Z 2024.
I just can’t get it to charge to 100%. It should have around 37 miles on the battery but the most I can get is 28 miles. Any ideas? Have tried a 3 pin cable and also on my ohme ev charger. I used the departure times for off peak hours and also the charge now option. Still not getting to 100%
Help! Thank you 😁
 
The default charging setting is 80% you can change it in the screen settings although Most Ev manufacturers recommend a 80% maximum charge.
Thank you. Good to know. I have had a look to see if I could change it to 100% but I don’t have a maximum charge setting only a minimum. It might just be the default and can’t be changed.
 
Limiting the charging of a lithium-ion traction battery to 80% helps to maintain the battery’s long term health which is why 80% maximum charge is the recommendation by most EV manufacturers. Regularly charging to 100% can place chemical and thermal stress on the battery if the car is left standing / not used when the battery is fully charged. Additionally, if a battery is charged to 100%, there’s no spare capacity in the battery to store energy from regenerative braking.

Periodic charging to 100% and then using the car straight away should be fine and shouldn’t have any significant impact on battery longevity.
 
Limiting the charging of a lithium-ion traction battery to 80% helps to maintain the battery’s long term health which is why 80% maximum charge is the recommendation by most EV manufacturers. Regularly charging to 100% can place chemical and thermal stress on the battery if the car is left standing / not used when the battery is fully charged. Additionally, if a battery is charged to 100%, there’s no spare capacity in the battery to store energy from regenerative braking.

Periodic charging to 100% and then using the car straight away should be fine and shouldn’t have any significant impact on battery longevity.
Thank you 😁
 
Weren't the pre-facelift PHEVs only meant to have a 34 mile max range? If that's the case then 27 miles at 100% charge sounds normal. My last PHEV (non-VAG) was rated for 35 miles and at 100% showed 25-31 miles, depending on the weather, and my post-facelift VZ2 is meant to be 77 miles but it's usually somewhere between 52 and 65 miles at 100%.
 
You'll never get anywhere near 34 miles. Had mine for almost 3 years and 24 is the most it's ever shown at 100%.
 
You'll never get anywhere near 34 miles. Had mine for almost 3 years and 24 is the most it's ever shown at 100%.
Yeah I've seen 30 a few times on mine but it's usually at 27 when 'full'. It will jump up 1 or 2 miles if you turn the Aircon and fans off, but who wants to do that!
 
  • Like
Reactions: rexnanet
I bought a Formentor eHybrid from 2022 a few months ago and I'm still trying to evaluate if the range I'm getting is expected or not.
I get that max of 27 miles (around 43Km) if I drive really carefully and without reaching highway speeds.

But yeah, the range heavily depends on the driving style. If I drive like I did on the previous car (diesel A180 CDI) the range quickly drops to around 20 miles or less.

Does anyone know how to read the hybrid battery State of Health (SoH) using VCDS or another OBD tool?
I tried with OBD Eleven and it shows a lot of information like cell voltage but I can't find any values related to the health or current capacity...