• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Sep 7, 2026
3
0
Hi all,

I've had the common B109D71 fault on my wife's Seat Leon since we bought it last year, along with blowing hot on the passenger side but cold on the driver's side (I was made aware of these faults by the private seller before I bought it.)
The car in question is a 1.6tdi SE Technology, with manual HVAC rather than climatronic.

I have finally managed to get around to investigating the problems and have replaced the matrix and expansion tank to cure the cold driver's side issue.

Next up was investigating the jammed door actuator in the driver's footwell, only to find that the motor in question is completely missing, I can't find a wiring harness for it either.

Could anyone with better knowledge of this offer me any advice, please?
I know the previous owners took it to Seat for a quote for the work but we're told the usual "it's a dash out job" so left it, they weren't aware of anything being removed but it looks like there was a screw in one of the holes at one point.

Apologies this is a bit long-winded.
Thanks in advance for any help.
 

Attachments

  • 20260907_122251.jpg
    20260907_122251.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
I'm just jumping in with both feet here:- does the control panel indicate that your car has 2 zone heating? If not that would explain why your car does not have 2 distribution flap motors.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nd-photo.nl
I'm just jumping in with both feet here:- does the control panel indicate that your car has 2 zone heating? If not that would explain why your car does not have 2 distribution flap motors.
No, it's just a bog standard manual one without climate control. I would have thought the dual zone would only have two temperature flap motors with just the one distribution flap motor though?
The manual I was linked to above pretty much offers a mirror image of my car and, unless I am wrong, has the air distribution flap motor in the driver's footwell, with the other gubbins in the passenger footwell. I did notice a motor just above the heater matrix but assumed this would be the temperature control.