• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Sep 23, 2026
4
1
Hi everyone, I have a Seat Leon III 5F (2016) with a Harman MIB2 High system (ref.: 5F0 035 043, hardware H28.28.210_HIGH2_EU). Original factory firmware: MHI2_ER_SKG11_P0257_MU0123 With this firmware, everything worked perfectly: Seat skin/branding, OPS/PDC visual display, ringtones, navigation, and all Seat-specific functions. After installing SKG11_K3343_1_AIO_MU1433: All seat configurations were replaced by Skoda default settings. I lost: OPS/PDC visual display (parking sensor beeps still work) Navigation (no map database recognized) Phone ringtones Seat skin replaced by Skoda skin Android Auto not working (SmartLink error) What I've tried: Added FEC code 0730004c to addFecs.txt ✓ SVM fix via mib_aio ✓ Navigation coding = ON, EU ✓ GPS antenna OK (3D fix confirmed) ✓ Brand = Seat confirmed in GEM ✓ Module 76 coding correct for OPS ✓ 5F Long Coding: 04 73 80 01 FF 0A 00 00 11 11 00 01 00 08 08 00 2F 01 01 C4 01 20 01 07 5E My questions: Is it safe to install firmware SEG11_P4709_1_AIO_MU1447 on my SKG11 head unit to restore the original Seat configuration? I read that some bootloaders only accept Skoda firmware. If SEG11 is too risky, can I first revert to SKG11_P2104_MU0318 (an older bootloader) and then try SEG11? Is there another way to restore the Seat configuration (OPS, Android Auto, ringtones) while staying on SKG11_K3343? Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't install SKG myself; the car came with an SKG unit, but it had the Seat option. That’s why I performed an SKG update—I was afraid of bricking the MIB unit if I tried to switch to SEG instead. :/
 
Last edited by a moderator:
SKG11 = SKODA
SEG11 = SEAT


Should be safe to go straight back, unsure why you installed SKG to begin with?

Thanks! I installed the SEG11 firmware on the SKG11 by forcing the variant, and—magic—I’ve got GPS, notification sounds, and everything else back.I just need to get the ParkPilot display working again, since that didn't come back, and I haven't checked the coding in VCDS yet. 👍👍👍
 
  • Like
Reactions: Walone