MIB2/MHI2 Harman High - MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_1_MU1447 - AIO FW update & ifs-root Patch (ASI, CarPlay, Android Auto, Map Update)

Tell

Staff member
Dash probably means nothing to do or done. So probably fine.

I have heard people waiting on the screen at the end where it's done. So you have to boot out of it. Seems like you did that.

A FeC check of before and after. It runs mib tools at the end. We have had people say no to that so don't get the FeC upgrade but since you had the FeC from previous retrofit work if you aborted that you'd keep the FeCs you had or get the ones it puts in if yes.

Check you have the radio logo icons you had before, long hold business. Its probably fine. If the maps got deleted re-install. If you can't then it will be the FeCs.

Basically 1447AIO is 1447 plus the FeC upgrade to turn everything on. Grace notes update but you probably don't use that. CD album art. Radio logo update etc.

On the other main thread the issue April / May 2022 on was where they had been playing with the user defined pallet screen colours so couldn't get them to match the FIS. The FIS ones don't have that range. That's what that was about. I'm happy with the more limited colours 8 or 15 whatever that number is.

If you do have the Seat Sound System check the woofer. There was something that Chillout posted about 1447 supporting only beats and sound. They might have fixed that now.

Basically 1447 you would have seen in production Ateca Cupras and not much else I reckon. By that stage Beats and Sounds was the speakers fitted. There will be a VCDS / Obdeleven toggle on that if you have the Seat Sound System / track down what Chillout was saying if it's an issue. Suspect that's sorted.

Reactions: serdar_18fr

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Dash probably means nothing to do or done. So probably fine.

I have heard people waiting on the screen at the end where it's done. So you have to boot out of it. Seems like you did that.

A FeC check of before and after. It runs mib tools at the end. We have had people say no to that so don't get the FeC upgrade but since you had the FeC from previous retrofit work if you aborted that you'd keep the FeCs you had or get the ones it puts in if yes.

Check you have the radio logo icons you had before, long hold business. Its probably fine. If the maps got deleted re-install. If you can't then it will be the FeCs.

Basically 1447AIO is 1447 plus the FeC upgrade to turn everything on. Grace notes update but you probably don't use that. CD album art. Radio logo update etc.

On the other main thread the issue April / May 2022 on was where they had been playing with the user defined pallet screen colours so couldn't get them to match the FIS. The FIS ones don't have that range. That's what that was about. I'm happy with the more limited colours 8 or 15 whatever that number is.

If you do have the Seat Sound System check the woofer. There was something that Chillout posted about 1447 supporting only beats and sound. They might have fixed that now.

Basically 1447 you would have seen in production Ateca Cupras and not much else I reckon. By that stage Beats and Sounds was the speakers fitted. There will be a VCDS / Obdeleven toggle on that if you have the Seat Sound System / track down what Chillout was saying if it's an issue. Suspect that's sorted.

I had a quick look on the installed FeCs screen, I didn't notice anything problematic
but I'm going to do a one by one comparison with the photos of that screen I took before I started.

Radio logos are intact but there seems to be minor version downgrade, mine was ending with .48, it became .40 after the update.
Not a big thing, I could update again later.

Maps are looking fine, navigation is working, map versions looks unchanged.
But again, we don't know if this is because of that "metafile error" or because of they are already up to date.

As for Gracenotes, most probably I wouldn't need it but I had downloaded the latest version anyway and copied it to its folder in the update structure before I had started so it must be updated, I think. I'll check this out too.

I had turned 30-color feature using OBDEleven. MIB2 High with 1409 firmware had applied my color selection from that palette to infotainment menus correctly. That is still the case with 1447 so no problems there.

I had Seat Sound as a factory fitted option with my original MIB2 Std unit, but I wasn't sure whether it is really working or not after the MIB2 High replacement. After the unit replacement, necessary codings were made and subwoofer menu option was turned on. But its setting range sounds so narrow and I'm not sure that's the way it was before. Somehow I had set the subwoofer to a level that I liked and forgotten about it. So it needs a more thorough look to check whether it got correct parameterization via VCP, regardless of this update to 1447.

Anyway, I've been thinking about re-applying this update, if it is possible at all of course, this time from a more robust SD card, not an old USB stick. Maybe that was the cause of metafile reading faults.

Best regards,
Serdar

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I had a quick look on the installed FeCs screen, I didn't notice anything problematic
but I'm going to do a one by one comparison with the photos of that screen I took before I started.

Radio logos are intact but there seems to be minor version downgrade, mine was ending with .48, it became .40 after the update.
Not a big thing, I could update again later.

Maps are looking fine, navigation is working, map versions looks unchanged.
But again, we don't know if this is because of that "metafile error" or because of they are already up to date.

As for Gracenotes, most probably I wouldn't need it but I had downloaded the latest version anyway and copied it to its folder in the update structure before I had started so it must be updated, I think. I'll check this out too.

I had turned 30-color feature using OBDEleven and with MIB2 High with 1409 firmware, my color selection from that palette applied to infotainment menus correctly. That is still the case with 1447 so no problems there.

I had Seat Sound as a factory fitted option with my original MIB 2 Std unit, but I wasn't sure whether it is really working or not after the MIB 2 High replacement. After the unit replacement, necessary codings were made and subwoofer menu option was turned on. But its setting range sounds so narrow and I'm not sure that's the way it was before. Somehow I had set the subwoofer to a level that I liked and forget about it. So it needs a more thorough look to check whether it got correct parameterization via VCP, regardless of this update to 1447.

Anyway, I've been thinking about re-applying this update, if it is possible at all of course, this time from a more robust SD card, not an old USB stick. Maybe that was the cause of metafile reading faults.

Best regards,
Serdar
A map update is separate. The errors could just script errors, the way it's written 🤔. Just untidy.

Mar 11, 2024
i will not dig into this topic because radio stations logos can be added also via menu from sd/usb.