• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
As far as I can tell, The ID.Polo comes with two keys as standard. Could this just be a Cupra thing.

BTW, my car has arrived in the UK and my dealer says maybe end of next week, beginning of the week after for handover.
Like me, my car has just arrived in the UK and I’ve been told the same thing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pmac16 and Tell
If you ordered today you are looking later January so pretty typical lead times I say. I don't think Cupra has really pushed the Raval yet though almost a soft launch that will gather momentum. After another 110 mile drive it really is a cracking car, yes the Born is the better motorway drive, but cross country the Raval is simply brilliant.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tell and Pmac16
Yep 5 months use to be the rule of thumb but if the dealer has access to the Seat / Cupra list whatever they call it they can dive straight in and grab a spare designated for a showroom, cancelled order or what have you. That's how the two direct sales to the public worked out of North West and East London. That operation is closed down but presumably the "spares" in how they dived in and jumped the queue is still there. That's how we got the Arona with an MK number plate as if it was a press car. Grabbing the spare cars. The local dealer wasn't happy about it saying they could never compete since they didnt have access to that list.

Two concept stores at the time:


But their partners that ran it could get their hands on surplus stock 😉. There has been an instance on this thread I reckon where a dealer has grabbed spare stock. Where there was minimal waiting but other than that you have to get in the queue.
 
Last edited:
Hi.

I got my in build email on the 28th August for a Raval Extreme. No other update since.. Anyone who has received theirs, how long does it generally take to get the In Transit email??

Thanks
 
  • Like
Reactions: jezyg
Hi.

I got my in build email on the 28th August for a Raval Extreme. No other update since.. Anyone who has received theirs, how long does it generally take to get the In Transit email??

Thanks
I got the "Built" e-mail on 10 Aug and "In Transit" on 7 Sept. Due for handover on 30 Sept.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Scobb
Just got an email from my dealer this morning to say handover on the 30th Sep, they would have been keen to get this recent load all registered for the end of the month.
The are throwing in the first service for free, every little helps add that to the returning customer loyalty bonus and I'm getting my launch edition for below £30k, happy with that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jezyg and Tell
Just got an email from my dealer this morning to say handover on the 30th Sep, they would have been keen to get this recent load all registered for the end of the month.
The are throwing in the first service for free, every little helps add that to the returning customer loyalty bonus and I'm getting my launch edition for below £30k, happy with that.
How long did you wait from the intitial "in Build" Email?
 
Got a call yesterday picking up my v2 launch edition on tuesday, seem Aberdeen got a few delivery of cars as they registering and prepping this weekend.

Ordered end of August I think it was John Clark had number of v2 launch pre-ordered so i just picked one of them which lucky as I did want a vz but I was told I didnt need it by missus.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: jezyg and Tell
Ordered my Extreme in May. Picking up Wednesday 30th September.
They kept their promise that it would be September.
Same here. Ordered in May, handover due on 30 Sept. Only a few weeks later than they estimated, so no big deal.
Paperwork says it was registered on 18 Sept, but the DVLA website still says that the reg no is unknown, so hope the ANPR cameras don't flag the car on my way home! :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pmac16 and Tell
Got a call yesterday picking up my v2 launch edition on tuesday, seem Aberdeen got a few delivery of cars as they registering and prepping this weekend.

Ordered end of August I think it was John Clark had number of v2 launch pre-ordered so i just picked one of them which lucky I didnt need it by missus

Ordered my Extreme in May. Picking up Wednesday 30th September.
They kept their promise that it would be September.
Did you get the car today?
 
Did you get the car today?
Oh yes, very pleased with it
Did you get the car today?
yes I did There were three cars at the dealer ready for pickup in different colours, to me mine looked the best. Incandescent colour is not popular according to the dealer. The dealer gave an amazing hamper to me.

I need to put my small size plates on to finish the impact.

I got people standing and staring on the way home! Even the MRS LIKES IT!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    650.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0039.jpeg
    IMG_0039.jpeg
    620.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0042.jpeg
    IMG_0042.jpeg
    623 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0044.jpeg
    IMG_0044.jpeg
    969.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0037.jpeg
    IMG_0037.jpeg
    688.9 KB · Views: 27
I picked ours up yesterday morning - V2 Launch Edition. My Sales rep said the Ravals were selling so fast they had real problems finding space to park them while they were getting them ready to go out the door. Ours was the first of 7 she had scheduled for handover that day.

It was really positive to drive, a bit firmer suspension than the Born which had 20" wheels, very responsive steering and surprisingly quiet on the road. I gave it a little bit of welly round a couple of corners and the handling is excellent. The instrument cluster is way nicer than the Born. Oh, and those interior lights shows are very pretty when it gets dark. SWMBO just loves it so all is good. :D

I spent most of the rest of the day setting up all the tech options and defaults to allow various apps to work. It's a major task involving changing lots of defaults in the car, re-making connections and even doing photo and video verification of my driving licence and my ugly mug before some options would work. I eventually got the main functions set up, including IOGo/Zappi charging.

Today I'll try to get the remote control functions set up and I may even get to drive it again.
 
Something you lucky people can check for me with the in built mapping. I know the Raval shows the 3D images which is a Here Maps feature of building, landmarks etc overlayed in 3D. I checked that myself. Amused the dealer he wasn't aware of that. Implemented in the mib2 high. He went off checking key local features to see. Yes they were in. I told him about another one.

In the Skoda Peaq it looks like this.
Screenshot_20261001_094817_SmartTube.jpg


Depends what features the Here Maps team have actioned with 3D perspective. In London you will find Tower Bridge if you zoom in, in 3D. Driving it's animated round. The idea is you find locations by the features. Some areas specifically abroad you find they have gone to town showing the shopping malls, airport building etc.

Now these two below overlay the aeriel photographic image onto it as well. In the Skoda Peaq you get that. Now I wasn't aware that this had been implemented. Is in the Raval. Images below.

Screenshot_20261001_094844_SmartTube.jpg


Screenshot_20261001_094825_SmartTube.jpg


The guy where I've taken the screen shot from, Skoda review of the car claimed they were Google images. Not sure about that probably still Here Maps licensed materiel from specific sources that Google may also use. Anyhow it begs the question of whether the aeriel images are stored in the units memory (tend to be big) or whether they are downloaded on the fly. The normal cartography including the 3D images are held in the units memory but built up as you pass through zones. That's how the old system worked. On the old system you can download the whole lot if you discontinue the connect services license.... although not a good idea to save money that way.

The aeriel image rather than drawn ones are something to check when you find your way around the screens. The demo one I sat in was offline. Might have a bearing in why I never saw the aeriel image over lay or the Skoda Peaq has the bees knees system. Same Vag Android Automotive system.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jezyg