help with wiring to interior light

hardkore

hey guys

I have a 1.4 2001 ibiza and brought some door sills off the bay for £8. Brushed aluminium and on the sill it has "ibiza" that lights up in red.

Now im totally useless at wiring. I dont want the lights to be on all the time so i thought it would be best to wire the sills to the interior light so when you open the door the sills light up. How would i go around doing this? As i said im not to great with removing bits of delicate trim or splitting loads of cables so a step by step would be handy.

if not i suppose i could just wire it to the battery and put a switch on, but it would be nicer having them turn on/off automatically. Maybe even wire them into the full beam switch so they come on at night?

thanks [B)]

Ibiza Cupra

Well then they'll light up when your driving and i imagine the reason you are installing them is so when you open your doors they are on so unless you pull up with your full beam on they won't be on. Wiring it into the interior light just seems like a head ache. Easiest would be to have a seperate swith or you could wire it into your side lights, or the dimmer, would be on all the time but as long as the key is in the ignition they'll be on!!!!!

If you want it to be wired into the dimmer search for Gauge back light as there is a detailed pic guide.

sonic

R083RT
Nov 19, 2004
milton keynes
hey, its real easy, i did something similar with red footwell neons. stole the feed to the interior light so it doesnt come on anymore when you unlock the door and open it, but still works if u turn it on constant as like a map light, instead the footwells lit up red to match the dials, then when you shut the door and locked it or turned the ignition on to start the car they faded out, looked well smart. il have a look at mine for wire colours etc but its not hard at all mate

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Scotch loks make connecting wires dead easy and reduce the risk of you botching. I used them to link up my W8 light to the dimmer wire behind the headlamp switch. I was a novice myself but it is really nothing to be scared of.

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
or if you want them to come on when you open the doors why dont you wire them to the pressure switch that turns the interior light on when you open the door easy

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.