New K1 Owner :)

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Just a quick post to say i'm now a proud member of the K1 club :)

As a previous owner of a magic black 57 plate Leon 2.0TFSI FR with DSG there was always part of me that wanted a cupra and particularly a K1 as I do so love the body kit :)

Went surfing on the web last Thursday and by Friday pm had chopped my FR in (which I loved and would recommend to anyone btw) for an 08 Emocion Red K1, see avatar.

It has the 18" black rims on this one, can upload piccies of anyone wants to see.

Bizzare thing is so much as I love my new motor and knowing that it packs an extra 40bhp I have yet to notice any difference between the 2 cars as far as acceleration/performance goes and if anything the FR seemed faster!!

I've put it down to the fact that I have become lazy driving the auto in sports mode and messing with the flappy paddles (just punching the accelerator and letting the car drive for me!) and have forgotten how to drive a manual!

Having said that, on paper there is only 0.6 seconds 0-60 between them (7.4 v 6.8 I believe)

I also read somewhere that VW engines tend to 'loosen up' and can get quicker with more miles.

My FR had done 21K when I sold it, my new K1 only has 9K (and due a service soon!)

Would be interested to hear some views on this.

Ill also probably post some other k1 questions soon

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
7.0 and 6.2 according to parkers.

Get the Cupra remapped and get used to changing gears again and I'm sure it'll feel a lot faster than the FR :D

I would have loved to get DSG but I just couldn't not have a Cupra. ;)

Yep DSG was great fun and shame its not offered on the cupra but I guess a true sports car fan still strives for a manual!

Apologises on performance spec it was a guess from memory, Seat website lists them a 0-62mph and not 0-60mph and they are 6.4 and 7.2 (So I guess the 0-60s in Parkers probably correct :) )

And remap is on the list

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham

P1030453copy.jpg

P1030454copy.jpg

P1030455.jpg

I'll do some better ones tomorrow and add a few of the inside if needs be :)

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Is the front number plate a bit low?

Well done for not buying a white one lol

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Is the front number plate a bit low?

Well done for not buying a white one lol

Re low number plate, tbh I don't know!! Bought it like that. I do believe the previous owner had a personalised plate on it so if the dealer has re-registered it and fitted himself incorrectly then i'd like to know where its s'pose to go!

Any pics of correct position?

I'll check tomorrow that it hasnt been tactically placed to cover a cracked grill or summat likw that!! God I hope not!

As for White, well tbh that was my 1st choice but not many go for the red so wanted to be different :)

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
7.0 and 6.2 according to parkers.

Get the Cupra remapped and get used to changing gears again and I'm sure it'll feel a lot faster than the FR :D

I would have loved to get DSG but I just couldn't not have a Cupra. ;)

And if you read the EVO review 5.9 :) to 62. All depends on the day, the state of the road and everything else. They also clocked there magazine car at 150Mph on the airstrip 2 up.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
nothing wrong with white :p

2959_163789575421_534990421_6448185_7667436_n.jpg

nice small number plate too

Awful looking car!....................only joking mate it looks really nice in white and if I were to get one it would be my choice of colour too lol but it is nice to see someone go for a different colour, every new Leon that gets posted up seems to be white lol

R88CKS

Oct 24, 2006
Northants
Nice car, you must have bought it from Engage Gear as im currently looking at getting a Cupra and saw that on the web yesterday!

Like others have said, a little bit of Revo will make all the difference, it will feel like a different car.

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Nice car, you must have bought it from Engage Gear as im currently looking at getting a Cupra and saw that on the web yesterday!

Like others have said, a little bit of Revo will make all the difference, it will feel like a different car.

Yep it was the one at EngageGear, so that's gone now, it's mine :)

Probably got my old FR on their site now one suspects.

Was a reasonable price too compared with others.

Having said that it was taken into account that it is due its first service and tax imminently. I also wasn't 100% convinced previous owner gave it the TLC it deserved (to me it looked like the only clean it had was the one the dealer did b4 selling it, and that wasnt great!!

Having set that nothing a bit of time spent with some quality products couldn't sort out!

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham

Yep, my old 2.0T FSI FR DSG is on their site for sale now :)

Free plug for EngageGear, and in case anyone is interested, here's the link

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_popup.jsp?did=29126&pageid=1&originalid=&gid=nogroup&tid=34&start=1&distance=0&adcategory=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200916332774087

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Number plate should be sitting further up i would say

DSC00132.jpg

Thanks Blade, ill get mine moved. Probably need to order some new plates too. On closer inspection the holes havent even been drilled straight.

Ill get a new one on order and some sticky pads for the new.

Good news is appears to have been fitted incorrectly in error and not to try and hide a damaged grille as that is all intact :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.